R.I.P Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Most true fight game aficionados agree Marvelous Marvin beat Sugar Ray Leonard but they gave the popular pretty boy a split decision victory. I like Leonard, but he didn't win that fight. :hmm:
Well I guess I qualify as an aficionado, those are and were exactly my thoughts on that fights decision.

I'm going to say this, I truly believe that decision soured Hagler on boxing. Cause when Leonard offered the rematch to Hagler. Supposedly the response was to get a life. They both could've made millions more.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well I guess I qualify as an aficionado, those are and were exactly my thoughts on that fights decision.

I'm going to say this, I truly believe that decision soured Hagler on boxing. Cause when Leonard offered the rematch to Hagler. Supposedly the response was to get a life. They both could've made millions more.
No doubt... :yes:

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered
See how easy it is to spread dumb lies.

The question is. did he take the vaccine from the start.because that what was not reported in the orginal headlines regarding his illness.Nobody even mentioned he took the vaccine before his illness.we only heard about that after a post by a long time boxing foe Tommy Hearns who had close connection with hagler.We already know that snopes, has proven to be bias.(facts).Then why wasnt it reported that a famous person like Marvin Hagler took the vaccine and we still dont know if he took the vaccine.you would want a certain people you trying impress to know if he took it and that its safe and effective.right.?if famous Marvin Hagler took it then its safe for you.right.?

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
The question is. did he take the vaccine from the start.because that what was not reported in the orginal headlines regarding his illness.Nobody even mentioned he took the vaccine before his illness.we only heard about that after a post by a long time boxing foe Tommy Hearns who had close connection with hagler.We already know that snopes, has proven to be bias.(facts).Then why wasnt it reported that a famous person like Marvin Hagler took the vaccine and we still dont know if he took the vaccine.you would want a certain people you trying impress to know if he took it and that its safe and effective.right.?if famous Marvin Hagler took it then its safe for you.right.?

Holy shit your post barely made sense.

This isn't coming from Snopes its coming from Hagler's WIFE.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Would be a good post for the thread you already created on Hagler and COVID

Jes McKenzie

BANNED
Registered
Holy shit your post barely made sense.

This isn't coming from Snopes its coming from Hagler's WIFE.
OK then........theres not enough transparency from the wife or close associate Tommy Hearns.Somebody is lying and bearing false witness.But you saying it didnt come from snopes.It came from his wife.But snopes have already taken a side and made there opinion in this matter.You see the bias im talking about.This is not the first time they been accused of being bias.But yet and still they want to call themselves Fact checkers.They are not credible fact checkers.they are bias fact checkers.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Brockton, MA in August 1977. Marvellous Marvin Hagler at the Petronellis Bros. Boxing Club where his career began.

Brockton, MA in August 1977. Marvellous Marvin Hagler at the Petronellis Bros. Boxing Club where his career began.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Marvelous Marvin Hagler's widow says late husband did not die due to COVID-19 vaccine reaction
Chris Bumbaca
USA TODAY

The widow of Marvelous Marvin Hagler denounced the Internet rumors that her late husband, the former middleweight champion who died over the weekend, passed away due to a reaction from the coronavirus vaccine.

"I am the only person that (knows) how things went not even his family know all the details and I do NOT accept to read some stupid comment without knowing really what (happened)," Kay Hagler posted in the Marvelous Marvin Hagler Facebook fan group. "For sure wasn't the vaccine that caused his death . My baby left in peace with his usually smile and now is not the time to talk nonsense ."

The speculation appeared to spread after an Instagram post from fellow former boxer Thomas Hearns, who was one of Hagler's rivals in the ring. The anti-vaccine contingent ran with the story, prompting Kay Hagler to post her message.

Marvin Hagler's official website says he died of natural causes. When contacted by USA TODAY Sports on Saturday, one of Hagler's grandsons would not comment on the cause of death.

Hagler was 62-3-2 with 52 knockouts from 1973 to 1987. He was the undisputed middleweight champion from 1980 until his loss to Leonard at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas on April 6, 1987.

Contributing: Josh Peter; Associated Press

Follow Chris Bumbaca on Twitter @BOOMbaca.