R.I.P. Kangol Kid who succumbed to Stage 4 Colon Cancer

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
My heart is broken again. Such an inspiration, such a legend. I loved UTFO, loved Whistle Loved Full Force and the Full Force Family. Kangol and FF was that bridge between rap and hiphop soul and Kangol always had his unique sound that just stood out. Something sorely missing in music today. Peaceful Journey brotha Kangol Kid, I got all your albums and never parting with a one!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Fuck cancer...6 years ago I had colon cancer, mine was caught early and cut out. So far so good for me, hang in there and fight the good fight.
How did they catch it early, was it by accident or regular check ups or you were having some other problem that lead them to it, If you don’t mind me asking? What symptoms or signs to look for?

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
How was it discovered? Did you have symptoms?
I became anemic, the iron in my blood was low...my hair was falling out...and I was always tired, no pain...no blood in stool. They cut half my colon out...took out my appendix and spleen to be sure it didn't spread. Then 5 years of scoping and blood work. Never needed chemo.....now I go out and encourage other brothas to get checked....some just won't do it until it's too late and cancer spreads...:smh: I was in my early 40s

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I became anemic, the iron in my blood was low...my hair was falling out...and I was always tired, no pain...no blood in stool. They cut half my colon out...took out my appendix and spleen to be sure it didn't spread. Then 5 years of scoping and blood work. Never needed chemo.....now I go out and encourage other brothas to get checked....some just won't do it until it's too late and cancer spreads...:smh: I was in my early 40s

Thank you for sharing your story, and glad you're here with us today.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Thanks.

My doc had me do the cologuard test since I dont have a family history of it. I get blood work done twice a year to monitor whats going on inside too. I just don't want something like this to sneak up on me.