R.I.P Biz Markie

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
He did the illest show at the apollo... he slid out a nose for the pickin puggas song.
he would just come thru @ chill w/ everybody! it was like we had our private show when I worked @ the apollo.

Bidam7

Rising Star
Registered

He was part of my childhood his personality gave good times to
great rhymes his contribution to hip hop culture is timeless in every aspect down to his life in what he laid his greatness to how he was to how he lived as I was blessed to get to see him live a short set at coney island it was something to cherish I can't imagine the pain and pressure his family must be going through to lose something price my thoughts and prayers are to the family. A Legend has gone too soon I'm hurting cause it is so sudden it hurt to even imagine him gone may his music lay in our memories to the moments he gave us it is timeless showing the pricelessness of what and who he was. I'm gonna miss u just off personality alone damn Rest in Paradise may u get the blessing up above thank u for the good times.

Last edited:

Bonafide Brethren

Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to the Diabolical Biz Markie! A legend who helped crafted the soundtrack to my youth! A one of one whose style and approach to this thing we call Hip Hop helped usher in so many other artists and influence their styles. We grew with them as they did with us. Damn this one hurts so different. Nobody beats the Biz. Nobody!

Peaceful journey brother. Your name and influence will live on. Thank you.

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was in a corner store on Avon Ave in Newark NJ buying my mom's some newports and getting a sandwich. There was a crowd around the arcade game and some other kid asked me if I was getting a autograph. I was like from who? It was Biz playing that airplane game, I think it's called 1942. I wish I would've gotten that autograph now.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The first piece of music I EVER bought in my life was Biz Markie’s “The Biz Never Sleeps.”

It was my introduction to mc’in, production, beet boxin’ and skits on wax.

He was my personal introduction to Hip Hop.

An awkward church kid from the South got to take New York in his Walkman wherever he went.

Man, I really had no idea this was gonna affect me like this, but this sh!t really, really hurts.

It’s Spring Again, Check it Out and A Thing Named Kim were my heavy rotators.

Double K - 43

MF Doom - 49

Ecstasy - 56

Prince Markie Dee - 52

DMX - 50

Black Rob - 52

Shock G - 57

Gift of Gab -50

Biz Markie - 57

almost all in the their 50`s ....:(:(

this shit crazy ...

:crying:
MAN, Listen, can a Black man make it to f*cking retirement age?