POLL: Your Next Vehicle Purchase: GAS/EV/HYBRID/OTHER?

Will your next vehicle purchase be gas powered or electric?

• Total voters

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never heard of the Polestar...Had to look it up. That joint is nice!!!

Man I am seeing these Rivian trucks all over the Carolinas....

Polestar run you about 60k, I'm sure more with bells and whistles.

Rivian is 100k.

I would have to wait and buy used.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
I can remember back when they said the same thing about unleaded gasoline automobiles and nobody would want them. Truth be told we should have had EVs years ago without worry of issues as well as other future technology but, greed and laziness stopped real innovation from moving forward. Now real innovation gets laughed at, falsely discredited or bought off and hide away.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's funny to see how the tide has turned towards Electric in the poll.

When I started this thread it was like EV was seen as a laughingstock.
That’s the world in general. You have the leaders, innovators, progressors.. than you have the followers, the Johnny come lately, etc.. the funny thing the latter tends to act like they was up on a idea when the shit becomes good when in reality they weren’t

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Polestar is possibly the first vehicle to be manufactured without a rear view window.

Cameras only

Don't know how I feel about it. I'm usually good going from "analog" to digital. Something about relying on cameras only...Dirt, snow, malfunction, etc. I wonder with no window, does that make the car more/less sound from a structural standpoint?

****Edit*** one less way to escape in a car accident...

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

(CNN)Polestar, the electric vehicle brand spun off from Volvo, just unveiled a new SUV that will be for sale in the United States next year. It finally does away with something that's become increasingly pointless in new vehicles, anyway: The back window.

The Polestar 4 is a "coupe-shaped" SUV, with a rear roof that slopes down rather than having a flat back end. This has been a trendy vehicle style for years now, with many models from brands like BMW, Mercedes and Audi adopting the style. In these models, rear visibility — which is not so great in SUVs, anyway — is particularly poor through the shallow slant of the back glass.

But that's not generally a big problem these days. Since 2018, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has required all vehicles to have back-up cameras that come on whenever the vehicle is in reverse. These cameras provide a better view than one could get using the inside rear view mirror, anyway, especially in an SUV. At any rate, back windows are not expressly required by US auto safety regulations, according to Polestar.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
I purchased a Tesla Model Y last year and will never go back to Gas. Less maintenance, much better driving experience, and I charge at home and dont have to go to gas stations. I also got FSD and once I got over the initial shock, I love it.Electric cars are the future. My wife is buying another this year to take advantage of the $7500 EV credit.
I do want to caution yall about buying non Tesla EVs. The battery technology and reliability is just not there yet for these other companies. Rivian and Polestar are bleeding money and aren’t forecasting profitability for a while. I don’t think either will be in business by 2030. If that happens, how will you service it?

Tesla-Wrapped-in-Avery-Dennison-Satin-Khaki-Green-Vinyl.jpg

Last edited:

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I purchased a Tesla Model Y last year and will never go back to Gas. Less maintenance, much better driving experience, and I charge at home and dont have to go to gas stations. I also got FSD and once I got over the initial shock, I love it.Electric cars are the future. My wife is buying another this year to take advantage of the $7500 EV credit.
I do want to caution yall about buying non Tesla EVs. The battery technology and reliability is just not there yet for these other companies. Rivian and Polestar are bleeding money and aren’t forecasting profitability for a while. I don’t think either will be in business by 2030. If that happens, how will you service it?

Tesla-Wrapped-in-Avery-Dennison-Satin-Khaki-Green-Vinyl.jpg
Ok I’m confused about your warning. Are you warning against battery reliability or the viability of the other companies?

All EV now use the same battery technology.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Ok I’m confused about your warning. Are you warning against battery reliability or the viability of the other companies?

All EV now use the same battery technology.

Both. There are a lot of differences in Battery technology between manufacturers. These differences affect both performance and technology. They differ in shape, size, and even chemistry. The worse are “Pouch style” batteries which are really unstable and was the reason Bolts were combusting while charging. Blade style and cylindrical style seem to be the best shape so far. Tesla is developing Dry electrode batteries and ramping 4680 sized batteries that will give superior performance to all of them.

I noticed you mentioned looking into the Taycan. While nice looking, there are concerns.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can't solar play a role to make it more viable?

I thought the Cybertruck was coming with solar panels to provide about 30 miles of emergency range at least. That would be comforting to know you have an unlimited source of backup power.

MYSTIC

Rising Star
Registered
I'm seeing how companies pimping this ev thing so as much as I like EV's I'm thinking of converting a nice gas car into taking veg oil.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

They are still playing too many games with EV to purchase them. Instead of this binary Yes/No to EV, now they have moved to quantum physics type of response. The math is better for a hybrid like a Prius, the fuel premium is only $500 if that over an EV.

1. Supply constraining with rare or limited supply material choices for the battery.
2. Creating torque monster motors with low efficiency driving up the kilowatts required to charge. Unnecessary 0-60 times of 2 seconds for a pickup truck or SUV. 209 kilowatt battery x .40 cents per KWH=$80
3. Adding Self driving tech to justify driving up the costs astronomically
4. Slow Charging
5. Raising the costs of public charging to bring the costs equivalent to gas
6. Driving up the costs of insurance, by designing them to be unrepairable
7. Limiting the supply of electricity causing blackouts - political corruption
8. Having the range severely impacted by temperatures, using resistive heaters that suck energy down.

I am suspecting that investment capital is flowing into these companies paying off the founder either by sovereign wealth funds from oil rich countries. You also have the political corruption angle. I exposed one of their retarded schemes related to EV public charging and the grid.

You can buy an EV but know it is going to be a hostile environment. Luckily China and the EU don't have a fossil fuel industry thwarting their efforts so it is a good benchmark.

Last edited:

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

They are still playing too many games with EV to purchase them. Instead of this binary Yes/No to EV, now they have moved to quantum physics type of response.

1. Supply constraining with rare or limited supply material choices for the battery.
2. Creating torque monster motors with low efficiency
3. Adding Self driving tech to justify driving up the costs astronomically
4. Slow Charging
5. Raising the costs of public charging to bring the costs equivalent to gas
6. Driving up the costs of insurance, by designing them to be unrepairable
7. Limiting the supply of electricity causing blackouts - political corruption

I am suspecting that investment capital is flowing into these companies paying off the founder either by sovereign wealth funds from oil rich countries. You also have the political corruption angle. I exposed one of their retarded schemes related to EV public charging and the grid in California.

You can buy an EV but know it is going to be a hostile environment. Luckily China and the EU don't have a fossil fuel industry thwarting their efforts so it is a good benchmark.

EV's are a death blow to oil companies foreign (Middle East, etc), domestic (Texas) and political donor money.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
EV's are a death blow to oil companies foreign (Middle East, etc), domestic (Texas) and political donor money.
Today it is about making these cars unaffordable or fuel costs equivalent to gasoline cars. Creating a truck that can't tow anything beyond 50 miles.

Taking your "investment" capital from some sovereign wealth fund and cashing out. It shows you the level of corruption in the U.S. and what I had to deal with when I was detained/held hostage for over 10 years.

jyQV4_tesla_s_stock_price.png

Meanwhile China and the EU aren't playing around.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
2.3 miles/battery kwh for a torque monster truck versus this, I did the calculation it is close to 4 for this truck. A reasonable 0-60 time of 6.2 seconds.

These are red flags that payouts in the form of "investment" capital is going out. I would get CIFIUS to watch these sovereign wealth fund flows. In the U.S. it is too many games being played with EV that you are better off getting a hybrid or plug-in hybrid.

Let the Chinese build out their EV market, this will put pressure in the U.S. to stop the nonsense.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only 3 new cars priced under 20k now in America

The most inexpensive vehicle offered by an American brand is the new 2024 Chevrolet Trax SUV, which is $21,495, following the end of production for the $14,595 Chevrolet Spark hatchback last year.

Along with cuts by other brands, there are only three vehicles left on sale with starting prices including delivery fees below $20,000.

Kia Rio

Mitsubishi Mirage G4

Nissan Versa

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

Tesla basically has them guaranteeing privatization at a certain share price. If the stock price tanks, he can take Tesla private with them.

Lucid is 60% owned by them

Rivian received a critical investment from this sovereign wealth fund and there is probably some sort of handshake deal privatization at a certain share price if they play ball.

I am selling my EV, you got all this nonsense behind the scenes. I tried to buy a gas car but nothing was available.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

Tesla basically has them guaranteeing privatization at a certain share price. If the stock price tanks, he can take Tesla private with them.

Lucid is 60% owned by them

Rivian received a critical investment from this sovereign wealth fund and there is probably some sort of handshake deal privatization at a certain share price if they play ball.

I am selling my EV, you got all this nonsense behind the scenes. I tried to buy a gas car but nothing was available.

I am driving around an affordable, high efficiency EV which is equivalent to Magic Johnson endorsing Converse shoes.

1200.-Fact-Check-Magic-Johnson-Choosing-Converse-Over-Nike-Cost-Him-5B.jpg

I would buy an unaffordable EV to avoid issues such as a Lucid or Tesla Model X where the fuel savings will not make your purchase cheaper than a gas car. No wonder Amazon/WP had a reporter chopped up in an embassy, they came in and gave Rivian capital and sales.