EaQv3Y0U8AEulNP

https://kotaku.com/sony-reveals-first-playstation-5-details-1834074976

yjVF9wJ.gif

Last edited:

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck is 8K

4K resolution is 3840 × 2160 (12.6 megapixels)

8k resolution is 7680 × 4320 (33.2 megapixels)

Here is the problem, if you have 2 TV's, both are 1080P, but one is 50" and the other is 70", the 70" one will look like crap because of how big the pixels are. You have the same number of pixels as the 50" TV but you are stretching them across a larger surface. To compensate for that you need a higher resolution (more pixels) for larger screens to look as crisp.

The opposite is not true though, if you have two 50" TV's and one is 1080P and the other is 4K, they will look almost identical. 4K is for screens 65" and bigger, 8K is for screen 85" and bigger. If you look at most of the 8K TV's that are out, most are 85"-110" which is where that resolution will make a difference.

Last edited:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Here is the problem, if you have 2 TV's, both are 1080P, but one is 50" and the other is 70", the 70" one will look like crap because of how big the pixels are as you have the same number of pixels you are just stretching them across a larger surface. To compensate for that you need a higher resolution (more pixels) for larger screens to look as crisp.

The opposite is not true though, if you have two 50" TV's and one is 1080P and the other is 4K, they will look almost identical. 4K is for screens 65" and bigger, 8K is for screen 85" and bigger. If you look at most of the 8K TV's that are out, most are 85"-110" which is where that resolution will make a difference.
Props

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Here is the problem, if you have 2 TV's, both are 1080P, but one is 50" and the other is 70", the 70" one will look like crap because of how big the pixels are as you have the same number of pixels you are just stretching them across a larger surface. To compensate for that you need a higher resolution (more pixels) for larger screens to look as crisp.

You really expect him to be able to digest that?
:lol:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

pretty accurate.

but if you have a good upscaler or htpc with a good video card that upscales 1080p can look just as good as 4k

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
there isn't really even alot of 4k content out right now. STILL....

no broadcasters actually broadcast in 4k. a FEW streaming companies (netflix) stream SOME content in 4k. SOME gaming is in 4k. keeping it real 4K is a niche market. and 8K is just some vaporware right now.

lol at people trying to buy 8k tv's with literally zero content available for that resolution.

i currently have a 75" 4k dolby vision/uhd tv. i am not "upgrading" for at least 5 years.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
All I care about is how many USB slots will this thing have... three is just not going to do it.

Also will they increase the 8tb storage limit

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
All I care about is how many USB slots will this thing have... three is just not going to do it.

Also will they increase the 8tb storage limit

i don't have a ps4. i do have a xbox one x. is the ps4 NAS capable like the xbox one x?

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
there isn't really even alot of 4k content out right now. STILL....

no broadcasters actually broadcast in 4k. a FEW streaming companies (netflix) stream SOME content in 4k. SOME gaming is in 4k. keeping it real 4K is a niche market. and 8K is just some vaporware right now.

lol at people trying to buy 8k tv's with literally zero content available for that resolution.

i currently have a 75" 4k dolby vision/uhd tv. i am not "upgrading" for at least 5 years.
I have 45 4k movies on my iTunes library and I’m only getting the movies I care about , look around is not just “some” content anymore

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I have 45 4k movies on my iTunes library and I’m only getting the movies I care about , look around is not just “some” content anymore

i also have alot of 4K DOWNLOADED content. but no one BROADCASTS in 4k. until that happens joe six pack will not really care about 4k. on top of that most people can't see the difference. you and i can. but most people are not enthusiasts.

if the federal gov't had not turned off analog tv signals joe six pack would still be rocking that wooden floor model with rabbit ears.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
The biggest problem with 8k is that right now it only offers an increase in resolution. That's not enough. 4k didn't become relevant imo until the introduction of HDR. Plus you'd need a 75" display to see the difference.

It'll be years before 8k gets to where 4k is now, so I wouldn't feel bad about just having upgraded to a new 4k TV.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Overkill on the 8k shit. Cats will be buying off numbers alone. TV screen size will determine whether it's worth it.

It is going to depend on what size screen you get.

Side by side, humans may not even be able to differentiate 4K vs 8k if you stood in front of two 60 in screens, one 4k the other 8k.

Last edited: