PlayStation ® PS5

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All I care about is how many USB slots will this thing have... three is just not going to do it.

Also will they increase the 8tb storage limit
:hmm:
i also have alot of 4K DOWNLOADED content. but no one BROADCASTS in 4k. until that happens joe six pack will not really care about 4k. on top of that most people can't see the difference. you and i can. but most people are not enthusiasts.

if the federal gov't had not turned off analog tv signals joe six pack would still be rocking that wooden floor model with rabbit ears.
it don’t matter if regular people see the difference or even understand if they go into Best Buy right now the only option for tv is 4k not 1080p

The same will happen with 8k

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
The biggest problem with 8k is that right now it only offers an increase in resolution. That's not enough. 4k didn't become relevant imo until the introduction of HDR/HDR10/DOLBY VISION. Plus you'd need a 75" display to see the difference.

It'll be years before 8k gets to where 4k is now, so I wouldn't feel bad about just having upgraded to a new 4k TV.

they don't hear you tho!

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Overkill on the 8k shit. Cats will be buying off numbers alone. TV screen size will determine whether it's worth it.

It is going to depend on what size screen you get.

Side by side, humans may not even be able to differentiate 4K vs 8k if you stood in from of two 60 in screens, one 4k the other 8k.
Aren’t you the same guy who said there was no difference between dvd and Blu-ray

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Are these on display on the sales floor ?

i am not making a trip to best buy just to prove that 1080p is still on the floor. but yes they are. :lol:

nbc, cbs, abc, fox, cw all still broadcast in only 1080i/720p and will for the foreseeable future. 1080p sets will be available at retail for the foreseeable future.

EDIT:

i forgot that not even the broadcast channels broadcast in 1080p.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i am not making a trip to best buy just to prove that 1080p is still on the floor. but yes they are. :lol:

nbc, cbs, abc, fox, cw all still broadcast in only 1080p and will for the foreseeable future. 1080p sets will be available at retail for the foreseeable future.
You posted a link to one page of cheap ass TVs under 50” TVs that nobody buying
When 4k tvs are the same price or cheaper

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
According to Live Production Blog, less than 0.5% of all broadcasters in the U.S. and Europe have TV channels broadcasting in 1080p. If you want to see a complete list of broadcasters and TV stations and the resolution quality they broadcast in, check out this wiki page. The big names? Well here’s a quick look: ABC promised to “revolutionize TV” in 2015, but they still broadcast in 720p. So does Fox. CBS and NBC, and the vast majority of cable channels broadcast in 1080i.

https://doddlenews.com/tv-broadcasts-arent-even-in-1080p-so-why-worry-about-a-4k-tv/

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
You posted a link to one page of cheap ass TVs under 50” TVs that nobody buying
When 4k tvs are the same price or cheaper

and that doesn't change the fact that 1080p sets are still available on the retail floor at best buy.

that was the contested statement. and they are being bought. black friday specials much???

also, it is actually at least 5 pages.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
According to Live Production Blog, less than 0.5% of all broadcasters in the U.S. and Europe have TV channels broadcasting in 1080p. If you want to see a complete list of broadcasters and TV stations and the resolution quality they broadcast in, check out this wiki page. The big names? Well here’s a quick look: ABC promised to “revolutionize TV” in 2015, but they still broadcast in 720p. So does Fox. CBS and NBC, and the vast majority of cable channels broadcast in 1080i.

https://doddlenews.com/tv-broadcasts-arent-even-in-1080p-so-why-worry-about-a-4k-tv/
How many here still watching live tv other then sports

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I understand now ,I’m here arguing with an Xbot

again, that doesn't have anything to do with the discussion about tv resolution.

i will buy a playstation (again) once final fantasy vii remake comes out. and if it comes out for xbox/windows 10 within 2 months i probably wont.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I said the jump from DVD to BluRay wasnt as significant as the jump from VHS to DVD.

I still stand by that statement.

I stand by the statement I made in this thread.

8K is overkill unless you have a significantly large screen to view it on.

you need a better 4K TV if you can't tell the significant jump in quality from DVD to 4K Blu-Ray then VHS to DVD

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
you need a better 4K TV if you can't tell the significant jump in quality from DVD to 4K Blu-Ray then VHS to DVD
You need better reading comprehension if you can't understand I said DVD to BluRay.

Never said 4K BluRay.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
4K resolution is 3840 × 2160 (12.6 megapixels)

8k resolution is 7680 × 4320 (33.2 megapixels)

Here is the problem, if you have 2 TV's, both are 1080P, but one is 50" and the other is 70", the 70" one will look like crap because of how big the pixels are. You have the same number of pixels as the 50" TV but you are stretching them across a larger surface. To compensate for that you need a higher resolution (more pixels) for larger screens to look as crisp.

The opposite is not true though, if you have two 50" TV's and one is 1080P and the other is 4K, they will look almost identical. 4K is for screens 65" and bigger, 8K is for screen 85" and bigger. If you look at most of the 8K TV's that are out, most are 85"-110" which is where that resolution will make a difference.

Nice breakdown.

The EXACT same principle applies for numerically modelling weather forecast.

Resolution is a world of difference when it comes to detail. We are able to determine supercell thunderstorm at high resolutions since that are small processes.

Here are somes example of what I am talking about.

Our resolution is based on kilometers (km) since we are talking about the scale of the United states.

28km

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_scus_7.png

12km

namconus_ref_frzn_scus_38.png

3km

nam3km_ref_frzn_scus_42.png

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
They do sell 1080p TVs at Best buy, they just have them off to the side.

4k TVs are great if you're watching movies, playing games, etc. but if you're mostly watching MSNBC, CNN, etc. all day, a 1080p set will be more than enough. Hell, I'm watching basketball right now on a 4k OLED and there's no significant difference vs a 1080p TV.