PlayStation ® PS5

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That definitely seems to be the case with 3rd party. If Xbox had more story driven exclusives (my genre) I'd buy one

What are we talking a $1000 to own both systems & not choose. If you're a avid played that's peanuts compared to the entertainment provided.

I've never owned an Xbox. But if there's a significant difference in overall play between the XSX & PS5 for 3rd party I may take the plunge.
That depends on how much effort the dev is going to put into using the extra power. I'm not sold on Xbox right now. They desperately need some new IP, because Halo has been the same game for almost 20 years. Nintendo can get away with Mario and Zelda because every generation, they come out with a radically different Mario and Zelda game. I'm sold on PS5 because of Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Returnal.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That depends on how much effort the dev is going to put into using the extra power. I'm not sold on Xbox right now. They desperately need some new IP, because Halo has been the same game for almost 20 years. Nintendo can get away with Mario and Zelda because every generation, they come out with a radically different Mario and Zelda game. I'm sold on PS5 because of Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Returnal.
LET ME FIRST OF SAY I WILL ON BOTH SYSTEMS...if i was you i would get on the xbox wagon dude just on the fact they have way more studios for game making this gen.way more than sony..i only turn my ps4 on for exclusives only ,not gonna lie this last gen sony had the best exclusives but i bet my money that xbox will have some fire exclusives this go around.the xbox one was a better all around system because it did everything to video ,to media etc.ps4 only played games.how the ps3 had video chat with like 8 people and the new ps4 comes out an been out for 8 yrs and still cant video chat lol as of a yr ago you couldnt hook a portable hard drive to it.as i stated in the beginning i am getting both day one im just excited to see what new games will come on both.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LET ME FIRST OF SAY I WILL ON BOTH SYSTEMS...if i was you i would get on the xbox wagon dude just on the fact they have way more studios for game making this gen.way more than sony..i only turn my ps4 on for exclusives only ,not gonna lie this last gen sony had the best exclusives but i bet my money that xbox will have some fire exclusives this go around.the xbox one was a better all around system because it did everything to video ,to media etc.ps4 only played games.how the ps3 had video chat with like 8 people and the new ps4 comes out an been out for 8 yrs and still cant video chat lol as of a yr ago you couldnt hook a portable hard drive to it.as i stated in the beginning i am getting both day one im just excited to see what new games will come on both.
Hellblade 2 will be dope. That's pretty much the only game I've seen that interests me, but time will tell.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I completely understand your hesitation. That's also the reason I've never owned an Xbox. All of your points are valid.

With both Microsoft & Sony going with hardware that resembles PCs I can't imagine developers having a difficult time taking advantage of the power.

I need the 3rd party game to be significantly improved. Not just a slightly higher resolution &/or framerate.

I'm no gaming snob. A lot of the differences are negligible to me personally. I may be in the minority on that.

I'm going to take a wait & see approach with XSX. If the price is at or under $500 I'm getting the PS5 when it's available.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
All I want to know is where all this fanboy hatred come from? And this is a general question not just tied to the gaming industry. I already know the answer but I just wanna hear yall takes on it.
Originally in my opinion it was a kid thing. SNES vs. Genesis. I mean most people only had one and you had to defend it as kids do. Just something that carried over into younger generations making everything a competition. The internet didn't make it better because everyone could be assholes to anybody now. People feel the need to put others down and others become defensive.
My personal preference is XBox/Nintendo then Sony last. I love the exclusives they have but I prefer everything else that Microsoft has done with their systems (except when Don Mattrick fucked up the XBox One launch). But I'm a gamer so I end up with all of them eventually.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hellblade 2 will be dope. That's pretty much the only game I've seen that interests me, but time will tell.
yea that game looks dope .trust me wait till july when xbox have there other event then you will see good games.1 selling point is the xbox series x will improve all the old games as well as the new ones plus its backwards compatible for all games.ps5 is not. you cant even play a ps4 game on the ps5.im gonna make a bet right now that the ps5 will cost way more then the xbox series x.they spent so much money on the body and not the insides with all them lights etc.i was hearing it might drop at $599 and $549 i hope not but im seeing these numbers more and more .fingers crossed its $499.either way someone will undercut the other and i can bet it will be xbox because they have the money to do it and will make it up in sales and xbox game pass

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
yea that game looks dope .trust me wait till july when xbox have there other event then you will see good games.1 selling point is the xbox series x will improve all the old games as well as the new ones plus its backwards compatible for all games.ps5 is not. you cant even play a ps4 game on the ps5.im gonna make a bet right now that the ps5 will cost way more then the xbox series x.they spent so much money on the body and not the insides with all them lights etc.i was hearing it might drop at $599 and $549 i hope not but im seeing these numbers more and more .fingers crossed its $499.either way someone will undercut the other and i can bet it will be xbox because they have the money to do it and will make it up in sales and xbox game pass
It plays PS4 games but with the way they are wording things I think it may be more of an emulation thing like the XBox One does with the 360 games. I'm going with $499 for digital and $599 for the disc drive model based on them saying "Conventional wisdom and history show that our business is one of the more recession-proof businesses," "But I think this will sharpen our need to ensure that we focus on getting the value equation right. And I emphasize value as opposed to price."

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It plays PS4 games but with the way they are wording things I think it may be more of an emulation thing like the XBox One does with the 360 games. I'm going with $499 for digital and $599 for the disc drive model based on them saying "Conventional wisdom and history show that our business is one of the more recession-proof businesses," "But I think this will sharpen our need to ensure that we focus on getting the value equation right. And I emphasize value as opposed to price."

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Originally in my opinion it was a kid thing. SNES vs. Genesis. I mean most people only had one and you had to defend it as kids do. Just something that carried over into younger generations making everything a competition. The internet didn't make it better because everyone could be assholes to anybody now. People feel the need to put others down and others become defensive.
My personal preference is XBox/Nintendo then Sony last. I love the exclusives they have but I prefer everything else that Microsoft has done with their systems (except when Don Mattrick fucked up the XBox One launch). But I'm a gamer so I end up with all of them eventually.

Thats damn near exactly how I look at it. I don't care who does what because its about enjoying games. I was lucky enough to not have to defend one platform over another in my childhood so I never developed that mentality. Sure I have a preferred console every generation, but I support all 3 of them as long as they release games I'll enjoy.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Thats damn near exactly how I look at it. I don't care who does what because its about enjoying games. I was lucky enough to not have to defend one platform over another in my childhood so I never developed that mentality. Sure I have a preferred console every generation, but I support all 3 of them as long as they release games I'll enjoy.
I always tell people yes I lean towards the XBox but there ain't no way in hell I'm missing out on God of War and Uncharted.

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To stay on topic..... From what Sony has shown so far they only have 3 games I want. And spiderman isn't one of them. I'll wait until at least May of next year before I buy either console. I need some time to pass so more games can come out and we know for sure there's no major hardware defects.

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I own both systems and prefer my xbox more, I rarely play my PS4. But I will be getting both systems. Why I like my xbox more?

- Project xcloud - Being able to continue playing my xbox games on my cellphone and laptop when I'm not home is dope and helps me kill time during dull hours aka lunch at work, etc... Sony is not competing with this.

- Game Pass - Being able to play classics dating all the way back to the first xbox as well as new games being released for just a small monthly fee is amazing. Playstation has something similar but is more limited in what they offer.

- Cable integration - My xbox is connected to my cable box, so it's always on. When a friend signs on while I'm watching tv, I get a notification. So if I wanna hop into a game with them it's very seamless and easy to do so. I can read my xbox messages while watching tv and check out any other stats I want or my friends list.

- Xbox live - the xbox live multiplayer/party system is a better experience than what I've encountered on the PS4, reason why I now purchase most multiplatform games for my xbox over my PS4.

- Games - People always claim the xbox doesn't have any games, but that's subjective based on a person's taste in games. Because there are a lot of xbox only games that I play on my system, especially with game pass. A lot of sony's lineup doesn't appeal to me. The only games I loved on my PS4 were Killzone, Spiderman, and FF7 Remake. Idc for uncharted, the last of us, any zombie/horror game, nioh, etc...

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sony's being smart by going to xbox for help with there online problems.now that xbox is helping with there chating problems and there online game play problems this gen should be perfect.that was another thing i hated about the ps4.there chat was mono and garbage.there online game play was decent but nothing like xbox.it was t many steps just to get a chat started it was just a mess.it takes balls to go to your competitor for help so big ups to sony in my book.

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
My wishlist for PS5 includes:

Capcom
Onimusha 1 thru 4 Remake
Dino Crisis 1 & 2 Remake
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Konami
Silent Hill Remake
Metal Gear Solid 1 thru 4 Remake
Zone of The Enders 2 Remake
Sony
Twisted Metal Black Remake
Syphon Filter Remake
God of War series Reboot

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know these games didn't make money, but damn I miss Midnight Club....

Asphalt 9 on Android looks damn near like Midnight Club from PS3.... Those games now with 4K graphics and today's sound systems......mayne. Need for Speed is ok, but Midnight Club was closer to that hood shit

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gamestop has a sale right now on 5 games that cost 9.99 or less for $20
meanwhile Zelda breath of the wild 2018 and most of Nintendo Switch first party games still $60

My wishlist for PS5 includes:
Sony

God of War series Reboot
they just had one :confused:
200.gif

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
meanwhile Zelda breath of the wild 2018 and most of Nintendo Switch first party games still $60
Can't stand this bullshit from them. That was the damn launch title. They recently had the game 1-2 Switch on sale for 40. That shit was a fuckin tech demo that should have been free.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I plan on buying both versions of the XSX and PS5 to flip.

Besides ray tracing I and damn near 0% load time (XSX) I don't see a difference in the new and old systems.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
  • Sony PS5 Game Console Regular version
    • Price: 49,980 yen ($466); Availability: Japan, November 14
    • Price: $499, €499 and £449; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20
  • Sony PS5 Game Console Digital version
    • Price: 44,980 yen ($419); Availability: Japan, November 14
    • Price: $399, €399 and £349; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20

• Price: 2,280 yen ($21); Availability: Japan, November 14
  • Price: $24.99, €19.99 and £16.99; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20
Sony PS5 Media Remote Control
  • Price: 3,600 yen ($34); Availability: Japan, November 14
  • Price: $29.99, €29.99 and £24.99; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20

Sony PS5 Pulse 3D wireless headset
  • Price: 18,000 yen ($168); Availability: Japan, November 14
  • Price: $159, €179 and £129; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
  • Sony PS5 Game Console Regular version
    • Price: 49,980 yen ($466); Availability: Japan, November 14
    • Price: $499, €499 and £449; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20
  • Sony PS5 Game Console Digital version
    • Price: 44,980 yen ($419); Availability: Japan, November 14
    • Price: $399, €399 and £349; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20

• Price: 2,280 yen ($21); Availability: Japan, November 14
  • Price: $24.99, €19.99 and £16.99; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20
Sony PS5 Media Remote Control
  • Price: 3,600 yen ($34); Availability: Japan, November 14
  • Price: $29.99, €29.99 and £24.99; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20

Sony PS5 Pulse 3D wireless headset
  • Price: 18,000 yen ($168); Availability: Japan, November 14
  • Price: $159, €179 and £129; Availability: North America and Europe, November 20
Sounds reasonable too

XGJ4Ku.jpg