People be very careful this virus is not done yet

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Just for fun, let's count the number of States where Omicron has been found to see how many have been Vaccinated or not Vaccinated that have tested positive.

The variant developed outside the US and is being brought here. Right now the state doesn't matter as much as whether or not they have traveled internationally. Most likely they will have been vaccinated as it is required for international travel. That said, they are probably spreading it stateside, so the number of secondary infections will be rising soon.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
The variant developed outside the US and is being brought here. Right now the state doesn't matter as much as whether or not they have traveled internationally. Most likely they will have been vaccinated as it is required for international travel. That said, they are probably spreading it stateside, so the number of secondary infections will be rising soon.
And white people are getting hit hard by this

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Based on the news article, it would appear that Omicron has the ability to evade the vaccines (whether it be 1 shot, fully vaccinated or fully vaccinated with a booster). Furthermore, if the initial symptoms appear mild, you might have the potential of having a bunch of asymptomatic carriers running around like we are in pre-Covid days. If that is the case, how does the government (news media included) convey this message to the public when they have been on the campaign for people to get vaccinated and to get boosters?

Side note: The CDC has placed a travel advisory on Portugal. Portugal currently has over an 87% vaccination rate and yet their Covid numbers are increasing.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
By the way playahatian just in case you didn’t notice pass several weeks lotto been following that pattern I told you about back to back numbers..Friday day and evening was 987 and 789.. another week was 0123.. there’s been 456..other shit.. lol told you patterns

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Based on the news article, it would appear that Omicron has the ability to evade the vaccines (whether it be 1 shot, fully vaccinated or fully vaccinated with a booster). Furthermore, if the initial symptoms appear mild, you might have the potential of having a bunch of asymptomatic carriers running around like we are in pre-Covid days. If that is the case, how does the government (news media included) convey this message to the public when they have been on the campaign for people to get vaccinated and to get boosters?

Side note: The CDC has placed a travel advisory on Portugal. Portugal currently has over an 87% vaccination rate and yet their Covid numbers are increasing.

Firstly, the Delta variant hasn't disappeared. It's filling up hospitals in the US right now.

Secondly, Portugal is not an island. It is apart of a bloc of nations where some have poor vaccination rates. Portugal took their foot off of the gas when they eased restrictions. Just like with Israel, that's when the cases shot up.

This does not mean that the vaccines aren't working, it means that they are not 100% effective. If the population had been less vaccinated, the outbreak would have been worse.

"Most Omicron cases are mild because most Covid-19 cases are mild." This does not mean that it is milder than delta, it means that Omicron is infecting people that delta couldn't infect, and those infections are mild because most infections are mild.

This guy wrote an excellent article found in the last tweet explaining this.

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Does it evade the booster shots? I know I’m right at 6 months. If that’s the case, then that’s a problem.

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My nephew had Covid twice.
he's a QOP on the low.
anti mask and vaxxer
My brother said, if he gets sick again, he will not be dropping any groceries off to him again.
SMH​

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
My nephew had Covid twice.
he's a QOP on the low.
anti mask and vaxxer
My brother said, if he gets sick again, he will not be dropping any groceries off to him again.
SMH​

I can understand having reservations about the vaccine, I don't understand not wanting to mask up and social distance. I didn't like folk too close to me BEFORE covid hit.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does it evade the booster shots? I know I’m right at 6 months. If that’s the case, then that’s a problem.

No one knows for sure (and keep in mind that everyone's body responds differently)? Nevertheless, this article stated that the individual in Georgia had taken a booster shot.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

The vaccines we have are not designed for the variants, just the original covid strain. It has 90% or so effectiveness against the original strains, less against Delta, and it seems far less against this new one. It remains to be seen how well vaccines will perform to keep people from severe sickness, hospitalization or death. The small study they did for the Pfizer vax, which is what I had, isn't looking good. It was just a small sample tho. I'm hoping covid doesn't come to my house when fam comes from overseas next week.

Mask up and social distance.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member