Official Protest Thread...

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

I had to bookmark the article. It is CHOCKED FULL of info and her story about her Uncle and efforts to preserve Black cemeteries is remarkable.
I'll have to double back to finish the article, videos, and tweets embedded.

Thanks for this Camille. This has gotta be the post of the year for ME.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I had to bookmark the article. It is CHOCKED FULL of info and her story about her Uncle and efforts to preserve Black cemeteries is remarkable.
I'll have to double back to finish the article, videos, and tweets embedded.

Thanks for this Camille. This has gotta be the post of the year for ME.

Check out her Twitter timeline and diaries on dailykos.com. They are under her name.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
20/20 to investigate Breonna Taylor's death in new special — watch the powerful trailer

By Tyler Aquilina
November 13, 2020 at 01:00 PM EST

Eight months after the killing of Breonna Taylor, ABC News is looking to shed new light on the intensely scrutinized case. ABC News has teamed with the Louisville Courier Journal for a special episode of 20/20 investigating the night of Taylor's death, with rare footage, previously unheard details, and new interviews guiding a deep dive into the case.
On March 13, Taylor, a 26-year-old Black ER technician, was shot and killed by Louisville, Ky., police officers while sleeping in her apartment. The case attracted nationwide attention in subsequent months and helped spur the summer's widespread protests over police brutality and racial inequality. In September, a grand jury declined to charge any of the officers for Taylor's death.
Some key details in the case have been disputed, particularly whether the officers announced themselves despite having a "no-knock" search warrant for Taylor's apartment. Taylor's boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, who was in the apartment with her, has said the officers did not identify themselves when knocking, leading him to fire a warning shot in self-defense. Police have maintained that they did identify themselves.

The two-hour 20/20 special features intense footage of the incident obtained from police body cameras, as well as home video of Taylor and new interviews with Walker, Louisville officer Jonathan Mattingly (who was shot during the incident), and Taylor's mother, Tamika Palmer, among others, all of which can be glimpsed in the powerful trailer above.
"It's not a race thing, like people want to try to make it to be," Mattingly insists in a clip from his interview. "We were doing our job, I get shot, we return fire."
"I always knew she would be great," an emotional Palmer says of Taylor. "I hate that she had to die to be great."
20/20's special investigation with The Courier Journal will premiere Friday, Nov. 20, at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.