Official Protest Thread...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Proud Family Revival Adds Keke Palmer As a Teen Activist
By Rebecca Alter@ralter

5110519771432f8810bce0a7052ef286f8-keke-palmer.rvertical.w330.jpg

Keke Palmer, living the young millennial dream of being on the Proud Family. Photo: Monica Schipper/Getty Images for Refinery29’s 29Rooms
If the name “LaCienega Boulevardez” means anything to you, keep reading. (And if it doesn’t, go learn your history.) Back in February, Disney+ gave us more information on its Proud Family revival, which would reunite the original cast of voice actors and characters and be called Proud Family: Louder and Prouder. In addition to Penny, Oscar, Trudy, Suga Mama, Puff, the twins, and Penny’s friends, there are going to be some new characters in town. Disney+ tweeted a first look at a new character who will be voiced by Keke Palmer, captioned, “Prepare to fall in love with 14-year-old activist Maya Leibowitz-Jenkins.” A reminder that activism has always been important to Penny Proud: Remember when she fought to join the boys’ football team? Or when she went on a labor strike? Or when she traveled back in time and desegregated her school? We still don’t know when the show is premiering; the tweet just says “coming soon.” But it’s already doing something novel in 2020: casting a Black actor to voice a Black character.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hmmmmmm

I agree but its tough.

I also believe people have the right to NOT vote

And to not be shamed for it.

Just like you should be able to kneel or NOT KNEEL without judgment or scrutiny

its of course different for Black folk.

We fought and died for the right that till today they are trying to take back at every turn.

Most if not all of the change Kaepernick wants?

Only voting will provide.

You could go deeper, the judge that presided over his case against the nfl?

was appointed by elected officials.

Nfl players union is voted on.

He understands that he wouldn't even be a black qb in the nfl without civil right leaders pushing for governmental change.

And to NOT vote? To ENCOURAGE others to do so by your lack of participation?

Would Kaepernick tell john lewis voting doesn't matter when Republicans systematically dismantled everything voter related Lewis worked his entire life for?

Also it is easy low hanging fruit for all his detractors.

Kaep saying go vote?

Could be the rallying cry needed.

But i don't see Kaep supporting Biden or Kamala...

A Black female VP with strong track record in reform?

Yes.

I honestly after all that typing have no idea what the right answer is.

Cause to me?

Kaepernick done enough its up to us now.