Official NBA 2018-2019 Thread - the end of the regular season is near

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They might miss, we'll see but I'm say if they looking at long term, they could let Brandon develop into his own(KD) vs signing KD. I feel that route could have you going after AD the following summer, if you don't get Klay or some other target. Having money for the young core should be a main focus.

In to Jimmy Bulter
I mean i thought dude was about to tell the bulls he wanted A trade to the Cavs. Apparently Lebron talked to him also, then the Kyrie news came out and that stopped everything. Maybe what we heard and read wasn't the true happenings, I don't know....
I like the Lakers young players; I think they need 2 more young players though. I dont like any of them free agent signings, outside of LBJ...

As far as Jimmy, he could have said he wanted to play with the Lakers; but didnt. If he really wanted to play with LBJ he could, just like PG. Paul George could have signed with the Lakers, but choose not to even have a meeting with them; Kyrie said fuck this shit im out of here!! Klay isnt leaving GS to sign with the Lakers; neither is KD; I think these superstar players dont really wanna play with LBJ for one reason or another. Its becoming more and more evident:hmm:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
To me the best part is that Melo seems to have completely bought in. He was quoted as saying that he'll fill whatever role home team needs him in, be it starting or coming off the bench.

Having him playing with the second team and always having an elite point guard on the floor at all times, because either Harden and Paul is always on the court, makes us EXTREMELY dangerous.

Carmelo Anthony working with second group on day one

By Darren Yuvan on September 26, 2018

And there’s a mild surprise working with the first team.

There’s been a lot of speculation this offseason about where newly acquired Carmelo Anthony will fit in with the Houston Rockets. Many point to his unwillingness in years and with teams past to come off of the bench as a sign that the Rockets better include him in their starting five if they want a happy Melo.

Others rely on the fact that he seems to be a better fit with the Rockets’ second unit, which would allow Houston to keep stout defender P.J. Tucker in the starting five and give Melo the opportunity to essentially shoot at-will as the primary scorer off the bench.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSN

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I like the Lakers young players; I think they need 2 more young players though. I dont like any of them free agent signings, outside of LBJ...

As far as Jimmy, he could have said he wanted to play with the Lakers; but didnt. If he really wanted to play with LBJ he could, just like PG. Paul George could have signed with the Lakers, but choose not to even have a meeting with them; Kyrie said fuck this shit im out of here!! Klay isnt leaving GS to sign with the Lakers; neither is KD; I think these superstar players dont really wanna play with LBJ for one reason or another. Its becoming more and more evident:hmm:

John Madden had a saying on his game, "you can't argue with result"

So I guess it hard for one to argue with this you've presented

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
...I think these superstar players dont really wanna play with LBJ for one reason or another. Its becoming more and more evident:hmm:

LBJ is a “mega” superstar and there’s currently no one else up there w/ him as far as that ‘label’ goes...it’d be hard for a “regular” superstar to team up w/ him...dude casts an enormous shadow on/off the court...and I think it’s really that simple...kyrie irving clearly wanted to be the man (as far as perception goes) and that’s cool and I honestly don’t think he felt that could be accomplished in CLE...irving did A LOT for the cavs and I’m not looking to even imply he didn’t in the slightest but again LBJ’s stardom is so huge that a lot of what irving did seemed to have gone unappreciated on/off the court...he literally voiced as much...off the court LBJ will always be the story and on the court almost everything goes thru him due to his style of basketball

it could be hard for a superstar (KD) or pseudo-superstar (jimmy butlers, klay thompsons, PGs) to team up w/ him...KD could barely advocate for himself when it came to westbrook...no way he’d enjoy being on a regular season team w/ lebron...from what I assume of him I could see “malawi” leonard teaming up w/ him but who knows what he’s thinking...he might wanna evolve into a “brand” himself like everyone else...if he is interested in taking it to that next level of super stardom then he may not want to go to the lakers either

Last edited:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LBJ is a “mega” superstar and there’s currently no one else up there w/ him as far as that ‘label’ goes...it’d be hard for a “regular” superstar to team up w/ him...dude casts an enormous shadow on/off the court...and I think it’s really that simple...kyrie irving clearly wanted to be the man (as far as perception goes) and that’s cool and I honestly don’t think he felt that could be accomplished in CLE...irving did A LOT for the cavs and I’m not looking to even imply he didn’t in the slightest but again LBJ’s stardom is so huge that a lot of what irving did seemed to have gone unappreciated on/off the court...he literally voiced as much...off the court LBJ will always be the story and on the court almost everything goes thru him due to his style of basketball

it could be hard for a superstar (KD) or pseudo-superstar (jimmy butlers, klay thompsons, PGs) to team up w/ him...KD could barely advocate for himself when it came to westbrook...no way he’d enjoy being on a regular season team w/ lebron...from what I assume of him I could see “malawi” leonard teaming up w/ him but who knows what he’s thinking...he might wanna evolve into a “brand” himself like everyone else...if he is interested in taking it to that next level of super stardom then he may not want to go to the lakers either
I think Steph is a mega star as well. KD is one on the court but not off the court. Outside of that, there are no other mega stars..I think Leonard doesn't want to play with LBJ either. The problem isn't LBJ being a mega star. The problem is LBJ wants too control everything on the court. Players no and realize he's hard to play with. And the big time players don't wanna play like that. It's becoming more and more evident. LBJ wants everything run thru him all the time. What player that you know that is a superstar wanna play like that? Regardless of what the results yield? Players wanna get paid, have fun, and enjoy what they do and where they work. And that's the reason why GS will continue to get high caliber players. I think players respect LBJ like no other. I think they marvel at his abilities. I think they wanna do and are doing some of his moves off the court. But playing with him, they like nah I'm good.......

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I think Steph is a mega star as well. KD is one on the court but not off the court. Outside of that, there are no other mega stars..I think Leonard doesn't want to play with LBJ either. The problem isn't LBJ being a mega star. The problem is LBJ wants too control everything on the court. And the big time players don't wanna play like that. It's becoming more and more evident. LBJ wants everything run thru him all the time. What player that you know that is a superstar wanna play like that? Regardless of what the results yield? Players wanna get paid, have fun, and enjoy what they do and where they work. And that's the reason why GS will continue to get high caliber players. I think players respect LBJ like no other. I think they marvel and his abilities. I think they wanna do and are doing some of his moves off the court. But playing with him, they like nah I'm good.......

it’s debatable re: curry...I won’t flat out say “no”...that being said you didn’t really say anything different...granted you did go into more detail but I already acknowledged LBJ’s dominance on the court and everything having to go thru him and that absolutely is a result of his “mega” stardom and high caliber play...not too many superstar athletes are getting the “green light” to run the offense like that from their coaches where everything has to go thru them

you ask “what...superstar wanna play like that?” my answer is not too many can...arguably no one else can successfully...westbrook does it to the detriment of his team...LBJ does it and literally wills what would otherwise be non-playoff teams to the finals (obviously I’m not including miami)...and that’s what easily makes him a “mega” star on the court and I already acknowledged that it would be hard for a regular superstar to “submit” to that style of play...you’re reinforcing what I said

*edit*

I misinterpreted your question a little and kind of went beyond what you were asking but I addressed it overall tho

Last edited:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it’s debatable re: curry...I won’t flat out say “no”...that being said you didn’t really say anything different...granted you did go into more detail but I already acknowledged LBJ’s dominance on the court and everything having to go thru him and that absolutely is a result of his “mega” stardom and high caliber play...not too many superstar athletes are getting the “green light” to run the offense like that from their coaches where everything has to go thru them

you ask “what...superstar wanna play like that?” my answer is not too many can...arguably no one else can successfully...westbrook does it to the detriment of his team...LBJ does it and literally wills what would otherwise be non-playoff teams to the finals (obviously I’m not including miami)...and that’s what easily makes him a “mega” star on the court and I already acknowledged that it would be hard for a regular superstar to “submit” to that style of play...you’re reinforcing what I said

*edit*

I misinterpreted your question a little and kind of went beyond what you were asking but I addressed it overall tho

*edit*

:cool::yes:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Naw, Rondo was a good signing. He will be good for Ball and he is far better than Caruso or Tyler Ennis

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw, Rondo was a good signing. He will be good for Ball and he is far better than Caruso or Tyler Ennis
No it wasn't. What is he gonna play like 15 mins a night?? Lonzo needs the ball to be effective; and we know LBJ need and will have the ball. What's rondo gonna do??

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sheeeeeeeeeit, no Bron and Glass Parker could mean the Bulls are back in the playoffs!!! Actually looking forward to the season this year.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
No it wasn't. What is he gonna play like 15 mins a night?? Lonzo needs the ball to be effective; and we know LBJ need and will have the ball. What's rondo gonna do??

Lonzo did a lot of playing off the ball last year

Plus he's injury prone and is already beginning the season coming off a surgery

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

Lonzo did a lot of playing off the ball last year

Plus he's injury prone and is already beginning the season coming off a surgery

I thought the plan was for rondo to come off the bench or if he plays up to it possibly replace ball in the starting lineup

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The "people dont wanna play with LeBron" or "people dont want to play with the Lakers" argument is peculiar being that he's signing superstars to his sports agency and the Lakers historically attract free agents and pull off trades.

Golden State save for someone taking peanuts isnt gonna get any better the next 4 years. Their hope is that the league isnt either which is a huge stretch. While LA is building a team tailored to knock them off, theyre gonna be worried about just keeping and paying what they have. The Lakers are a better franchise and will eventually walk them down as the better team, be patient.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I ain't hearing much about this new coach my Hawks hired. A young brother who was part of the process in Philly. He looks like he should be suiting up so I hope they respect him as a Head Coach.

Our plan is to lose so his job is safe for 2 years for sure. When we start winning they will replace him Sam Hinckie style. He will have a terrible losing record but he knew that coming in. I just hope it doesn't affect his ability to get another HC gig down the road.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Stephen A., Jalen Rose get into heated debate over Barkley’s super teams comments

Jalen act like he don't get it but he really does.

jphzWn.jpg

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gordon looking like scal out there....basic white boy....LOl...its going to take a minute for him to get back to speed.