Official Man Of Steel reviews! Love it or Hate it! Discuss it here! MERGED! SPOILERS

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Translation:
  • I read ALL that shit.
  • I did not like what I read.
  • Because it made sense.
  • So I'ma try to clown that logic.
  • Because I have issues with the movie.

Basically. Dude is a clown.

Let's limit the discussions to the adults in the room.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Re: Official Man Of Steel reviews! Love it or Hate it! Discuss it here! MERGED! SPOI

Translation:
  • I read ALL that shit.
  • I did not like what I read.
  • Because it made sense.
  • So I'ma try to clown that logic.
  • Because I have issues with the movie.

Basically. Dude is a clown.

Let's limit the discussions to the adults in the room.

I repeat, I shouldn't have to click articles and links UNRELATED to the Man of Steel production in order to explain plot points within that movie.

Is this not reasonable?

Yep, as I thought, nothing to say. Let's see what "adult discussion" is had from here on out besides "movie of da year", "best Supaman eva"

I'll wait....

Last edited:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I repeat, I shouldn't have to click articles and links UNRELATED to the Man of Steel production in order to explain plot points within that movie.

Is this not reasonable?

Yep, as I thought, nothing to say. Let's see what "adult discussion" is had from here on out besides "movie of da year", "best Supaman eva"

I'll wait....

Please explain the plot point of Superman being able to turn back time by reversing the rotation of the Earth then....

Let's see what insults/buffoonery you come up with while avoiding this question this time...

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Re: Official Man Of Steel reviews! Love it or Hate it! Discuss it here! MERGED! SPOI

Please explain the plot point of Superman being able to turn back time by reversing the rotation of the Earth then....

Let's see what insults/buffoonery you come up with while avoiding this question this time...

It was originally shot to be used in Superman II but as both films were being shot together, Donner decided to put it in the first film to resolve the story.

I would ask if you're satisfied, but being the bitch you are, the answer is likely no.

Last edited:

BlackStar6870

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It was originally shot to be used in Superman II but as both films were being shot together, Donner decided to put it in the first film to resolve the story.

I would ask if you're satisfied, but being the bitch you are, the answer is likely no.

:lol:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

I didn't ask you why it was shot.

I asked you to explain it. Since you are a stickler for plot points that make sense, explain how this makes sense.

And thanks for being so predictable in adding an insult to your typical evasion.

Here's the difference between you and El Pirate... I asked him similar questions. His response was basically, yes I know the originals were full of plot holes and were corny and a lot of stuff didn't make sense but I just liked them better.

Everyone just tipped their cap to him, and that was that.

You on the other hand, deflect. And get frustrated because you have no good answer and resort to attacks.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

I didn't ask you why it was shot.

I asked you to explain it. Since you are a stickler for plot points that make sense, explain how this makes sense.

And thanks for being so predictable in adding an insult to your typical evasion.

Here's the difference between you and El Pirate... I asked him similar questions. His response was basically, yes I know the originals were full of plot holes and were corny and a lot of stuff didn't make sense but I just liked them better.

Everyone just tipped their cap to him, and that was that.

You on the other hand, deflect. And get frustrated because you have no good answer and resort to attacks.

Well, #1, you should learn the definition of plothole (Disagreeing with a plot point doesn't make it a plothole)

#2 I acknowledged the faults with the old films pages ago. But I forget where I am sometimes, some of you don't like to read.

#3 The only thing you have contributed to this exchange is your incessant bitching about Supes turning the world backwards. Whereas the conversation has much more to do with this incarnation of Supes vs. the old.

#4 The only reason why me calling you a bitch is predictable is because you know what you are, so good for you.

I've concluded that you are trolling. Good job because it took me several pages to realize it. With that being said..........

Superman2ThrowingShield.jpg

Peace out. :thefinger:

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor

I'm not reading all these pages, but I must say i was entertained... I enjoyed the whole movie from beginning to end... I took out any previous ideas as this is a different universe in my mind and every writer does it different. Was it successful in my mind yes... & I can't wait to see what's next.

cooliojones

Rising Star
Registered

this was the best DBZ movie ever!!!

:lol::cool:

:lol::lol:

Superman circling the Earth to make it revolve backwards was not in the first Superman, nor the 2nd. Wow. :smh:

brizz9

Support BGOL
Registered

On another note, It seems that directors can't seem to resist the whole "Superman-as- Messiah" imagery. The scenes in the church were shot with Superman sharing the frame with a prominently displayed image of Christ in the background. This was annoying enough in "Superman Returns". It's enough to just have the dude be a super hero. They should really get over the urge to compare Superman to Jesus, It's not deep or clever,just weak and cliched.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

On another note, It seems that directors can't seem to resist the whole "Superman-as- Messiah" imagery. The scenes in the church were shot with Superman sharing the frame with a prominently displayed image of Christ in the background. This was annoying enough in "Superman Returns". It's enough to just have the dude be a super hero. They should really get over the urge to compare Superman to Jesus, It's not deep or clever,just weak and cliched.

LOL I remember a few years ago there were rumors of Jim Caviezel being cast as Superman in the reboot.....I guess your head would have exploded if that happened!

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered

:lol::lol:

Superman circling the Earth to make it revolve backwards was not in the first Superman, nor the 2nd. Wow. :smh:

Dude, what are you talking about?!?

Superman did it after going after the missile headed east because of promising "Miss Teshmacher" to head that one off first, he then saw the other one explode which resulted in Lois' death, he then got angry and flew into orbit, turning the Earth backwards, all the while hearing his Father's voice tell him "It is FORBIDDEN for you to interfere with the course of human history!", but it resulted in letting him get to Lois BEFORE she died!

Last edited:

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Dude, what are you talking about?!?

Superman did it after going after the missile headed east because of promising "Miss Teshmacher" to head that one off first, he then saw the other one explode which resulted in Lois' death, he then got angry and flew into orbit, turning the Earth backwards, all the while hearing his Father's voice tell him "It is FORBIDDEN for you to interfere with the course of human history!", but it resulted in letting him get to Lois BEFORE she died!

Don't bother. I gave up on the fools days ago. :smh::smh::smh:

brizz9

Support BGOL
Registered

LOL I remember a few years ago there were rumors of Jim Caviezel being cast as Superman in the reboot.....I guess your head would have exploded if that happened!

Lol,my head almost exploded at the mere possibility!

Varis

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nerds

gamersfuel

Rising Star
Registered

i cant hate on anyone for thinking the movie isnt as good as some others think. Or that it doesnt compare to the original Superman film. Personally, i've been a fan of the original film and Pt 2 for years. After seeing this in theatres day 1 and a few times at home I must say that it completely blows the original films away. Both have plot holes and both have parts that are unexplained but all superhero films have that. for me, the difference is night and day..having said that, i could still enjoy watching the originals. But MOS is on an entirely different level.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

movie was ass

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

I thought it was ok ... I'm not too big on all the sci-fi stuff & special effects (begins to look & feel like a videogame after awhile, as did IMMORTALS - 3D in 2011 or 2012) ... so I was hoping for a bit less of all the Krypton stuff. Thought Cavill, Adams, Costner, and Lane did a good job though, as did Crowe & Shannon. The price was right though - $0.00. I ain't paying $15 or whatever it is apiece here in Canada (for 3D movies). We won tickets to The Conjuring ... and brought our 3D glasses along & ventured over to Man of Steel instead √ .

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Saw it yesterday in IMAX 3D.

Loved it :yes:

Love how they went dark with the storyline similar to the Dark Knight shit :yes:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor

I nodded off a few times.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
I thought it was ok ... I'm not too big on all the sci-fi stuff & special effects (begins to look & feel like a videogame after awhile, as did IMMORTALS - 3D in 2011 or 2012) ... so I was hoping for a bit less of all the Krypton stuff. Thought Cavill, Adams, Costner, and Lane did a good job though, as did Crowe & Shannon. The price was right though - $0.00. I ain't paying $15 or whatever it is apiece here in Canada (for 3D movies). We won tickets to The Conjuring ... and brought our 3D glasses along & ventured over to Man of Steel instead √ .

Damn.....I assumed you lived in England.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

For those of use that care. Because we wanna see a sequel and see some more DC chracters on the silver screen. It looks like the overall projections from this point going forward are:

Man Of Steel

Domestic Take: 300-320mil
Foreign Take: 400-500mil

Overall Take: 700-820 Mil

Apparently, It's killing it overseas and it's not even close.IMO thats not bad at all for an origin story. Especially, when you consider the slew of movies that are starting to come out.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor

i cant hate on anyone for thinking the movie isnt as good as some others think. Or that it doesnt compare to the original Superman film. Personally, i've been a fan of the original film and Pt 2 for years. After seeing this in theatres day 1 and a few times at home I must say that it completely blows the original films away. Both have plot holes and both have parts that are unexplained but all superhero films have that. for me, the difference is night and day..having said that, i could still enjoy watching the originals. But MOS is on an entirely different level.

Only thing that was weird to me is Lois knowing who he was. Other than that it was cool.

gamersfuel

Rising Star
Registered

Only thing that was weird to me is Lois knowing who he was. Other than that it was cool.

understandable. but there are so many adaptations of Superman. there was bound to be some things that didnt seem correct. all Superman films will be this way.

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered

Agreed as far as canon goes, but who amongst us didn't laugh @ the fact that a simple pair of glasses made him unrecognizable...to a woman that was supposedly in love with him, lol!!!

After watching a better copy :)rolleyes:) I've softened on it having a better storyline although I do still wish they went more in-depth with Perry White & the Daily Planet, and I'm sorry, but I DO still feel that Jonathan Kent, while trying to impress his values upon a young Clark, was selfish to an extent, he never really stopped to think of the mental impact on a young boy/man of what he was saying, imagine being a young teenager and knowing that you let a busload of kids/friends die, as Jonathan suggested, and further, letting it FOREVER stay in his head that he had the power to rescue his "Father" and didn't?!?

SERIOUSLY, that's some fucked up ish!!!:smh:

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Agreed as far as canon goes, but who amongst us didn't laugh @ the fact that a simple pair of glasses made him unrecognizable...to a woman that was supposedly in love with him, lol!!!

After watching a better copy :)rolleyes:) I've softened on it having a better storyline although I do still wish they went more in-depth with Perry White & the Daily Planet, and I'm sorry, but I DO still feel that Jonathan Kent, while trying to impress his values upon a young Clark, was selfish to an extent, he never really stopped to think of the mental impact on a young boy/man of what he was saying, imagine being a young teenager and knowing that you let a busload of kids/friends die, as Jonathan suggested, and further, letting it FOREVER stay in his head that he had the power to rescue his "Father" and didn't?!?

SERIOUSLY, that's some fucked up ish!!!:smh:

Understandable, But your putting alot on someone to be this type of parent your referring too under an extraordinary situation. Further, by taking this stance it implies that there weren't other decisions that he and his wife made concerning the young alien boy that were spot on. Remember as an audience we always have the benefit of outside analysis after the fact. Lets not forget he theoretically could have been raised by anyone.

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered

Understandable, But your putting alot on someone to be this type of parent your referring too under an extraordinary situation. Further, by taking this stance it implies that there weren't other decisions that he and his wife made concerning the young alien boy that were spot on. Remember as an audience we always have the benefit of outside analysis after the fact. Lets not forget he theoretically could have been raised by anyone.

True, and I understood and could FULLY agreed with Kent's philosophy AS AN ADULT, but to put that kind of onus on a child, who clearly displayed that he didn't want it, was self-serving, but since it WAS indeed a movie I might be going a little too deep, the bottom line for the movie was to show that Kent BELIEVED in his principles to the point that he died for them, and they did indeed accomplish this.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

True, and I understood and could FULLY agreed with Kent's philosophy AS AN ADULT, but to put that kind of onus on a child, who clearly displayed that he didn't want it, was self-serving, but since it WAS indeed a movie I might be going a little too deep, the bottom line for the movie was to show that Kent BELIEVED in his principles to the point that he died for them, and they did indeed accomplish this.

Agreed. But, I think your still making the mistake of treating him like an ordinary EARTH child. Because of who he was and more importantly what he was(which the Kents still didn't really know) they took a stand which they believe was best based on the limited information available to them. I personally think their fear was accurate and their attitude and disposition in raising the boy was perfectly understandable and reasonableI.Especially when you consider Earths likely attitude towards the child if they about him would have been one of general distrust, scrutiny, fear and malice.Hell, thats the precedence taken towards other Earthlings with slighly different skintone and eyes and hair and height and nose etc. In the event that Pa and Ma Kent's experience, as with most peoples, showed humans natural tendency wasn't the afore mentioned then I completely believe they would have taken a more public approach to his rearing.

Given this extraordinary outer-planet situation they did a fine job!

Last edited:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

Shit was trash. Bitch ass fool running around scared to fight throughout the whole movie destroying people's property. Then when army trained aliens come this nonfighting chump can throw hands with them and win...get real. They could have shown dude combat training/practicing at some point or something.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Shit was trash. Bitch ass fool running around scared to fight throughout the whole movie destroying people's property. Then when army trained aliens come this nonfighting chump can throw hands with them and win...get real. They could have shown dude combat training/practicing at some point or something.

They showed it. The shaky cam made it incoherent. Made the movie just an average CGI-filled summer movie.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Finally saw it...:hmm:

It was OK and I understood what they were trying to do...You just dont do that shit with superman IMO!

Worse thing was the bitch ass way they killed Jonathan Kent and the bitch ass reason. :smh:

I aint read all the other comments but I did find myself thinking that the 78 version was better.

Yeah yeah I know.