Official Man Of Steel reviews! Love it or Hate it! Discuss it here! MERGED! SPOILERS

The Technician

Formerly Commandernchief
BGOL Investor
Didn't read the review,but judging from the link info saying that there is a special effects overkill,I'm going to assume the reviewer knows nothing about Superman and how his powers would be depicted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Re: Early reviews for Man Of Steel looking shaky

I think most of those critics are using Donner and Reeves Superman as the main template for this and its a whole different movie which is more violent due to the issues trhe new superman has to face.

in a nutshell....Critics suck, fans make the film

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
It's still gone have my money at midnight tomorrow night :dance: :yes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Superman could stomp on baby kittens and kick retarded kids in the nuts, shit will still do beaucoup numbers. This ain't no Will Smith joint, America wants a white hero that's not the president.

Andros the magician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's still gone have my money at midnight tomorrow night :dance: :yes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Agreed, unless some people I know that I trust hate it, it gets same mass dislike that Will Smiths movie got, or some well known critics I trust dislike it.

Varis

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What's the point of a kyptonian knocking another kryptonian into a building

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ku-xlarge.jpg

hålo

Support BGOL
Registered

Decided months ago I was going too see it. I value the fan reviews more anyway.

nyyyyce

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

i will reserve judgement until "I" see it. But i am not into a dark and dramatic interpretation of Superman. He is not the Dark Knight. Epic battles (for once) are a must. i'll see.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered

What does Kevin Smith say on it...

*two cents *

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If they are using the Donner films as templates to judge this new Suerman then they fail because those movies truly sucked. I never realized how bad they were until I recently saw them. I am just talking about basic continuity.

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

i will reserve judgement until "I" see it. But i am not into a dark and dramatic interpretation of Superman. He is not the Dark Knight. Epic battles (for once) are a must. i'll see.

batman-adam-west.jpg

Folks said the same thing about Batman 1988

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

For a two and a half hour film, there is nearly an hour – if that – worth of story, and a weak one at that. The remaining time is all action. The final hour is a tiresome and incessant barrage of buildings, cars spaceships and helicopters exploding. The first half hour isn’t much different. Without a strong story, the action sequences are just chaos and loud noise. And in “Man of Steel,” there’s a lot of noise.

Sounds like a winner to me!:lol:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sounds like a winner to me!:lol:

sounds like they're mad superman is not a fag...they rather he be some emo looking dude dat has panic attacks everyday cause he's a lonely alien in a human world..they want him to be all teary eye cause he wants to phone home but he can't cause it no longer exist..than they want him to be some whipped ass punk running behind a bitch trying to win her heart all while disguising who he really is all while saving the world..yep they're mad cause dis wasn't the man in heels

shanebp1978

Super Moderator

sounds like they're mad superman is not a fag...they rather he be some emo looking dude dat has panic attacks everyday cause he's a lonely alien in a human world..they want him to be all teary eye cause he wants to phone home but he can't cause it no longer exist..than they want him to be some whipped ass punk running behind a bitch trying to win her heart all while disguising who he really is all while saving the world..yep they're mad cause dis wasn't the man in heels

:eek::lol::hmm::cool:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:lol::lol:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

:lol::lol:

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:lol::lol::lol:

Exaaaaaaaaaactly. Mufucka basically described what I wanna see in a superhero flic. Just enough story and hella action...ova the top shit. This cat sound like he expected Romeo & Juliet in spandex.

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor

snyder was always the wrong director.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'll wait to make my own judgement.

I at least need this shit to be entertaining though or she gonna fall asleep. :(

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

I consider myself a nerd. Most/all nerd reviews of the film have praised it. I'll take the nerd word over some pretentious critics.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I think most of those critics are using Donner and Reeves Superman as the main template for this and its a whole different movie which is more violent due to the issues trhe new superman has to face.

in a nutshell....Critics suck, fans make the film

That's kinda true. Told a couple co-workers how I'm pumped to see it because unlike the last movie he throws punches. And they say "Superman doesn't throw punches."

curryshotta

Rising Star
Registered

has mainstream critical review ever stopped you from watching a superhero film?

Black Sexxxploitation

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I love the Donner films to death. I grew up with them. I'll always consider the first to be one of the very best superhero films ever made. It got the ball rolling for the genre as a whole.

That being said, critics and fans alike need to view this new film with an open mind. Man Of Steel shouldn't be Superman 1978: Redux. I cherish Christopher Reeves performance as Superman/Clark Kent, but Henry Cavill doesn't need to "live up" to that legacy. His take on the character should stand on it's own.

Bryan Singer's slavish devotion to Richard Donner's vision is one of the main reasons why Superman Returns was a fucking dreary slog of a film. Not only did he use John Williams score, but he even recreated key moments from the original film. It's like he thought he could coast by on nostalgia.

At the very least, Zack Snyder and company seem to have a different take on the material. The action and FX will likely be on point. It might not be the best film of the summer, but I'm going in with an open mind. After all, it can't be as bad as Green Lantern. At least, I hope it isn't.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:hmm:

He tends to have a very fair and balanced interpretation of movies. One thing's for sure no one would dissuade me from seeing this movie with my own eyes. PERIOD! However, i do gotta admit I'm disappointed to hear especially from someone like him more so than any other reviewer that he wasn't BLOWN AWAY!:smh:

This movie in my opinion can't be just GOOD it needs to be EXCELLENT! Now with that said that determination is certainly to be different for everyone.