Official Man Of Steel reviews! Love it or Hate it! Discuss it here! MERGED! SPOILERS

Nobody

Rising Star
Registered
Re: Official Man Of Steel reviews! Love it or Hate it! Discuss it here! MERGED! SPOI

Understood, but other movies manage to do this, poetic license is one thing, plot holes are another.

I come from the POV that a movie should be escapist fare, so I'm NOT looking for minute details as long as I enjoy myself and what I see on-screen is plausible, I liked "MOS" and I like Amy Adams, but unlike the original "Superman", there was NOTHING on-screen that showed us that Kal had any sort of feelings for Lois, I half expected him to pull back and tell her "It's NOT that type of party, Ma'am!" & fly off, lol!!!

I wouldn't have minded 10-15 more minutes showcasing the people @ the Daily Planet, I LOVED that they went more in-depth with the Kryptonians, & you're right, you can NEVER please everyone!
That's probably my only gripe. That his relationship to Lois wasn't deeper- but really everything was there.

He felt a way about her because she found out who he was, and risked her career to protect him. Lois protecting a guy who's invincible. She also accepted him. He was so withdrawn from everyone that he was just ready...

If he SAID it- then it would please a lot of people. But they have to watch the movie to SEE it and come to that conclusion on their own.

cooliojones

Rising Star
Registered
Re: Official Man Of Steel reviews! Love it or Hate it! Discuss it here! MERGED! SPOI

Superman actually flew around the world, turned time back 20,000 years, got the suit, then revved time back up to present day.

LOL Superman 4.5: Overtime

This nigga ronmill is just trolling at this point. He's not answering any questions, just lobbing grenades.

Man yeah, I saw this long time ago.

I hate all these good reports of Superman, makes me wanna see it a lil, swear I'm trying to wait for Redbox...

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

LOL Superman 4.5: Overtime

Man yeah, I saw this long time ago.

I hate all these good reports of Superman, makes me wanna see it a lil, swear I'm trying to wait for Redbox...

M'fuckers mad cause I'm not like "OMG Gr8test movie ever!!!"

And nigga, you ain't even seen it yet!!! fuck outta here....

Kadraven

Rising Star
Registered

ibeFZmqCB9QE11.gif

:itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap:

I enjoyed her scenes with Kal more than the ones with Zod. One question was the big one supposed to be Non.

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor

Damn...BGol comes in and they shut that shit down with the quickness...it will be back...its been playing the last 2 days 24/7...Ill bring the link when it does.

:dance::dance::dance:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

How about you take two of these :colin::colin:
and shut the fuck up.

Ain't nobody reading all that shit homeboy.

Cmon Son.

THis thread is like 15+ pages long.
You first posted back on page 7 or 8, or some shit.

You have even posted your own long-ass rebuttals since your very first post in this thread. :rolleyes:

(Most likely, you been reading EVERY page ever since.)

Now all of a sudden... soon as I post a logical answer for your dumbass.. you talking about "ain't nobody reading all that shit". :rolleyes:

We 'posed to believe.... You ain't reading shit... yet here you are.. knee-deep in this thread. STILL POSTING. :rolleyes:

• You was not satisfied with the script...
  • You needed the screenwriters to 'hold your hand' and show how the suit got made...
  • Because you too stupid to use your imagination...
  • So I provided a reasonable explanation that made sense to many others...
  • And your reply is... you aint reading all that shit.... that's shorter than all the bullshit you posted, just 2 pages ago.

Ain't no way you clicked on this link....

http://movies.stackexchange.com/ques...-year-old-ship

And saw this title:

"What is Superman's costume doing in a 20,000 year old ship?"

But never read the only 3 responses on the page. :rolleyes:

Cmon son.

You ain't reading "ALL THAT SHIT".... because... you ALREADY read "all that shit".
You ain't fooling nobody. :smh:

You sound like a STRAIGHT JACKASS right about now. :hmm:

GTFOH. :hmm:

Last edited:

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Cmon Son.

THis thread is like 15+ pages long.
You first posted back on page 7 or 8, or some shit.

You have even posted your own long-ass rebuttals since your very first post in this thread. :rolleyes:

(Most likely, you been reading EVERY page ever since.)

Now all of a sudden... soon as I post a logical answer for your dumbass.. you talking about "ain't nobody reading all that shit". :rolleyes:

We 'posed to believe.... You ain't reading shit... yet here you are.. knee-deep in this thread. STILL POSTING. :rolleyes:

• You was not satisfied with the script...
  • You needed the screenwriters to 'hold your hand' and show how the suit got made...
  • Because you too stupid to use your imagination...
  • So I provided a reasonable explanation that made sense to many others...
  • And your reply is... you aint reading all that shit.... that's shorter than all the bullshit you posted, just 2 pages ago.

You ain't reading "ALL THAT SHIT".... because... you ALREADY read "all that shit".
You ain't fooling nobody. :smh:

You sound like a STRAIGHT JACKASS right about now. :hmm:

GTFOH. :hmm:

You pull bullshit from every irrelevant continuity and expect me to come to a conclusion about an unrelated film. Yeah motherfucker, take those two Colins and holla back with something useful and not some obscure horseshit.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

You pull bullshit from every irrelevant continuity and expect me to come to a conclusion about an unrelated film. Yeah motherfucker, take those two Colins and holla back with something useful and not some obscure horseshit.

Translation:

• I read ALL that shit.
  • I did not like what I read.
  • Because it made sense.
  • So I'ma try to clown that logic.
  • Because I have issues with the movie.

Fixed.

I expect you to man-up... and answer the questions from the other posters that you have been dodging in this thread.

You may not agree with my opinion, or my logic on how the suit got made.
But at least I ain't SCARED to post it. :rolleyes:

Now run along.... while grown folks is talking about the movies.
If I need to hear anymore from bullshit from you... I'll holla. :hmm:

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Translation:

• I read ALL that shit.
  • Because it made sense.

Fixed.

I expect you to man-up... and answer the questions from the other posters that you have been dodging in this thread.

:lol:

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

this was the best DBZ movie ever!!!

:lol::cool:

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I get that superman is supposed to be the Boy Scout, but people need to think about the fact that the comics have been around forever and superman has dealt with many 'demons'.

In this flick, he doesn't know who he is or where he's from. That's why he's so withdrawn. The reality is, that'd fuck with anyone's head. It isn't until he learns who he is that he's able to open up, because now he has a purpose.

He displays far more personality after this point, and even more after Zod is defeated.
THANK YOU:clap:

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Translation:

• I read ALL that shit.
  • Because it made sense.

Fixed.

Clown your logic? I'm sorry, we are talking about a movie and the writing contained within. You come with all this mama's basement, fanboy bullshit.

If you think the movie is perfect, that's you. But my movie watching sensibilities a little more mature I suspect.

Edit: Nobody shouldn't have to click multiple articles that's unrelated to the movie in order to explain plot points WITHIN the movie. If you feel that it's required, then the movie has already failed on it's own merits.

Last edited:

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Man of Steel*SPOILER THREAD*Post your thoughts and questions here!! Enter at own

There was one thing that kinda irked me about Zod. The one scene were Supes kicked his ass after pulling off his protective mask, forcing him to come in contact with Earth's environment - then move forward in the movie and he was all like "I've been training for years to control my senses" and he starts flying as well as or better than Clarke. I was like :hmm:
That was kinda bullshit but I guess they had to explain it away.
Also, his fighting skills against Zod were much better than his fighting skills against Faora. It could have been the psychology of him fighting a woman, I guess. Still, she was fuckin' his shit up but when he fought Zod, he was almost on par with him.
I think it was revealed that Faora was kind of Kryptonian military martial artist - so she probably was a bit better at hand to hand than Zod.

But I do agree with Darrkman I was scratching my head at how Jor-El was able to fight off Zod so easily as he did...

Midnight Studio Comics

Star
Registered
Re: Man of Steel*SPOILER THREAD*Post your thoughts and questions here!! Enter at own

I think it was revealed that Faora was kind of Kryptonian military martial artist - so she probably was a bit better at hand to hand than Zod.

But I do agree with Darrkman I was scratching my head at how Jor-El was able to fight off Zod so easily as he did...

because...he is russel crowe jor el the gladiator, thats why. Yeah there are tons of things wrong. Like wolverine being 6 ft tall, Batman disposing of a nuke and no after effects. But hey its a good movie despite that right? Yeah it has alot of dbz elements, but its what you would expect and really thats the most visually stunning way to captivate an audience. These filmakers have watched anime a great deal. If you can overlook the bullshit in anime you can overlook the stuff in this.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
How exactly am I trolling? Anyone who takes issue with MOS and ups the older films are trolls now?!?!

How about this and we can finally put this issue to bed. MOS is average at best. I was not impressed.

-The writing was shallow. No type of character development at all. Goyer and Snyder failed to give the character of Superman any weight.

-The CGI was overblown and incoherent. Shaky cam with sped-up characters and zoom crashes simultaneously makes no sense whatsoever. Watching those buildings crumble and fall got old after awhile.

-What is traditionally emotional moments in the mythology (donning of the suit, Jonathan dying) fell flat IMO.

-Speaking of Jonathan Kent, a fucking dog? Really? Not a human being, but a FUCKING DOG?

Maybe my expectations were too high because of what we've seen from Nolan in the genre. This movie disappointed the hell out of me. It felt like I was watching Superman being done by Michael Bay. All flash, no substance.

Shit, maybe our movie watching sensibilities differ, but when I say this movie lacks gravitas that the first film had, I mean it. You got chills when you saw Clark change into Supes to save Lois. Krypton felt like a distant, advanced civilization (not some Avatar knockoff). Jonathan's last words to Clark before he died added and emotional punch to the event. I won't go on but you get it.....

I asked you a simple question about reversing the rotation of the earth and time going backwards. You've typed three novels worth of shit but refuse to answer a simple question. Since you once again knocked the writing and the story of Man of Steel. Please explain what was asked of you and what gravitas it brought.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

I asked you a simple question about reversing the rotation of the earth and time going backwards. You've typed three novels worth of shit but refuse to answer a simple question. Since you once again knocked the writing and the story of Man of Steel. Please explain what was asked of you and what gravitas it brought.

Motherfucker, you point out ONE aspect (which is considered a fault in many circles) and because I remind you that it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our conversation regarding MOS and the appeal of the earlier films, you feel that it negates every fault that I list with MOS and confirms your argument.

Goddamn, you worse than a bitch when it comes to diverting from the topic at hand.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

And if you can't understand what I mean from the explanation that you responded to then nothing can help your illiterate, fanboy ass ("oooh explosions, best movie eva!!")

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

:lol: at ronmill getting all heated! Damn bruh, it's only a movie, let it go. I didn't really care for Man of Steel (as a Superman film). I still prefer the Christopher Reeve joints over MoS as well, but others ar entitled to like what they like. In the grand scheme of things, you're arguing with cats on a message board over a movie/movies you (or anyone else on here) have no financial stake in....let it go, move on. Like what you like, let other cats like what they like.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

:lol: at ronmill getting all heated! Damn bruh, it's only a movie, let it go. I didn't really care for Man of Steel (as a Superman film). I still prefer the Christopher Reeve joints over MoS as well, but others ar entitled to like what they like. In the grand scheme of things, you're arguing with cats on a message board over a movie/movies you (or anyone else on here) have no financial stake in....let it go, move on. Like what you like, let other cats like what they like.

:cheers:
Man, if I'm getting heated it's because cats don't have a viable argument against what I'm saying so they resort to putting words in my mouth. But I'm with you all the way, this shit not putting one dollar in my pocket at the end of the day so fuck it.

I've been on my quest for peace shit already
http://www.bgol.us/board/showpost.php?p=13143861&postcount=736[/SIZE]

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor

I enjoyed her scenes with Kal more than the ones with Zod. One question was the big one supposed to be Non.

She made the movie for me. I was bored with the rest of the movie. Her scenes were the shit.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Edit: Nobody shouldn't have to click multiple articles that's unrelated to the movie in order to explain plot points WITHIN the movie. If you feel that it's required, then the movie has already failed on it's own merits.

SHUT YO DUMBASS THE FUCK UP.

The 3 links are DIRECTLY related to the movie.

2 links are Wikis about Jor-El. :rolleyes: Not Batman.
I just added these 2 wiki links to support my explanation. I did not need them. :smh:

But the 3rd link, someone ELSE asked the VERY SAME dumbass question that YOU DID... A WEEK AGO... about Man of Steel.

READ THE TITLE:

http://movies.stackexchange.com/que...rmans-costume-doing-in-a-20-000-year-old-ship

Click the link. And read the responses. Jackass.
There's your answer.

Next you will say that the link above has NOTHING to do with the movie Man of Steel, right? :hmm::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
And if you can't understand what I mean from the explanation that you responded to then nothing can help your illiterate, fanboy ass ("oooh explosions, best movie eva!!")

Let me help you out.

First off, I never said MoS was the best movie ever. You just cried about people putting words in your mouth but you've been doing it for a week.

Where in this thread did you see me big up explosions?

Once again, putting words in my mouth.

Now, what you are doing is akin to this...

Person 1: I like McDonalds
Ronmill: McDonalds is shit. I like Burger King Way better.
Person 1: Why do you say McDonalds is shit?
Ronmill: Their food is too greasy.
Person 1: Look at this Burger King bag, their food is WAY greasier than McDonalds
Ronmill: You illiterate motherfucker, explosions and shit we taling about McDonalds.

The only thing everyone else is trying to get you to do is defend your assertion that the oiginal movies are better than MoS.

You can't say you hate greasy McDonalds burgers for being greasy and profess your love for even greasier Burger King burgers at the same time without looking like a clown.

And you are looking level five Bozo right now.
P

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

2 links are Wikis about Jor-El. :rolleyes:

In the 3rd link, someone ELSE asked the VERY SAME EXACT dumbass question that YOU DID... A WEEK AGO... about Man of Steel.

READ THE TITLE:

http://movies.stackexchange.com/que...rmans-costume-doing-in-a-20-000-year-old-ship

There's your answer.

I just added the 2 wiki links to support my explanation. I did not need them. :smh:

Next you will say that the link above has NOTHING to do with the movie Man of Steel, right? :hmm::rolleyes:

A link that poses the question to other hopeless fanboys like you and you expect me to take their responses as gospel :lol::hmm::rolleyes:

I repeat, I shouldn't have to click articles and links UNRELATED to the Man of Steel production in order to explain plot points within that movie.

Move on fanboy
fat_Superman_1.jpg

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

2 links are Wikis about Jor-El. :rolleyes: Not Batman.
I just added these 2 wiki links to support my explanation. I did not need them. :smh:

But the 3rd link, someone ELSE asked the VERY SAME dumbass question that YOU DID... A WEEK AGO... about Man of Steel.

READ THE TITLE:

There's your answer.

wee-bey-gif.gif

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Let me help you out.

First off, I never said MoS was the best movie ever. You just cried about people putting words in your mouth but you've been doing it for a week.

Where in this thread did you see me big up explosions?

Once again, putting words in my mouth.

Now, what you are doing is akin to this...

Person 1: I like McDonalds
Ronmill: McDonalds is shit. I like Burger King Way better.
Person 1: Why do you say McDonalds is shit?
Ronmill: Their food is too greasy.
Person 1: Look at this Burger King bag, their food is WAY greasier than McDonalds
Ronmill: You illiterate motherfucker, explosions and shit we taling about McDonalds.

The only thing everyone else is trying to get you to do is defend your assertion that the oiginal movies are better than MoS.

You can't say you hate greasy McDonalds burgers for being greasy and profess your love for even greasier Burger King burgers at the same time without looking like a clown.

And you are looking level five Bozo right now.
P

lossuperman.JPG

Only thing I can find that's remotely relevant to this bullshit you just posted. :lol::lol::lol:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

A link that poses the question to other hopeless fanboys like you and you expect me to take their responses as gospel :lol::hmm::rolleyes:

I repeat, I shouldn't have to click articles and links UNRELATED to the Man of Steel production in order to explain plot points within that movie.

Translation:
  • I read ALL that shit.
  • Because it made sense.