Official Boxing Thread

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
he's proving what people are starting to say about him....... this nigga don't want no real fight
$10 not worth it tho

That's sum big match ups I wouldn't accept 10 million for that shit while promoters come up off that shit

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Haney vs Ryan will be at Barclays, lets see if they can beat that $4.5mil gate that Tank vs Rolly did there

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he's proving what people are starting to say about him....... this nigga don't want no real fight
I agree. $5M/fight is better than what Top Rank was paying him as a champion and non PPV seller. Unless there's a deal on the table to fight Tank, he shouldn't expect to get a better guarantee.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Shakur Stevenson had rejected a 2 fight offer worth $10 million from Matchroom promotions to fight Devin Haney and Campbell Hatton Source:
@ChavaESPN
Shakur wants big money but I am not sure that market is out there for him...shit, Showtime pulled out of boxing (as well as sports in general) and HBO been gone...Shakur may be working off an old playbook money wise...his style has never been extremely popular and the people who used that style and made a bunch of money either added something extra such as personality and/ or had the right opponent

Shit, his big brother Bud is a more exciting fighter than him and even he needed the right opponent to make the superstar money...and Errol made concessions to make that happen

I hope Shakur and his advisors know what they are doing

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Canelo doesn't owe us anything. This man has fought everyone in his era, while these other guys just sat around and played patty-cake until it was their time to cash in for a Canelo pay day. Benavidez had several chances but couldn't stop using those nose candy.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Canelo doesn't owe us anything. This man has fought everyone in his era, while these other guys just sat around and played patty-cake until it was their time to cash in for a Canelo pay day. Benavidez had several chances but couldn't stop using those nose candy.
Canelo's at the point I'm shocked he still fights twice a year, with the ring damage, age and injuries. He'll fight one bum and one ranked contender a year. Ill be surprised if he fights both Benavidez and the Russian. Father Time is undefeated.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Diego Pacheco vs Marcelo Coceres (11/28/23 at the YouTube Theater in Inglewood, CA) Gate $178,505

According to the payoff sheet, Pacheco was paid $62.5k (likely understated). Matchroom Boxing USA was paid at least $700k from DAZN for the broadcast rights. Maybe he got a cut of the gate? Have seen Matchroom offer a 50% cut (above a threshold) of gate proceeds (Serrano/MVP)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

82008209-13153975-Ryan_Garcia_announced_his_new_relationship_with_online_influence-a-3_1709562210794.jpg