Official Boxing Thread

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Anybody watch the Joyce fight? Joyce still has terrible defense and got hit a lot, luckily for him he's durable with a chin and as slow as his punches are he's heavy handed. I think Dubois jab, technique and power will be too much for Joyce's terrible D. The Joyce believers are comparing him to Foreman tho

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anybody watch the Joyce fight? Joyce still has terrible defense and got hit a lot, luckily for him he's durable with a chin and as slow as his punches are he's heavy handed. I think Dubois jab, technique and power will be too much for Joyce's terrible D. The Joyce believers are comparing him to Foreman tho
I was just coming in here to ask you specifically who you picking in that fight.

I didn't watch the fight cause I knew it what the outcome was going to be. I had some early prelim UFC fights in my parlays that I needed to concentrate on :hellyea:

But Yeah I'm putting my money on Dubois when the time comes.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
You do parlays on every UFC card?

I was just coming in here to ask you specifically who you picking in that fight.

I didn't watch the fight cause I knew it what the outcome was going to be. I had some early prelim UFC fights in my parlays that I needed to concentrate on :hellyea:

But Yeah I'm putting my money on Dubois when the time comes.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You do parlays on every UFC card?
Nah. Since the Pandemic, there have been tons of lopsided cards so when I see em, I usually stack 7-12 team parlays and bet a lot so I can make hundreds. But they be across multiple weeks Since most cards have an average 2 fights that are guarantees. So I gotta stretch them shits out and add either some NBA or boxing to them.

Thanks to Matchroom and Goldenboy, I’m able to add more boxing matches to my parlays to increase my payouts at least until the end of August. Them PBC cards all look like 50-50s.

:cheers:

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Dam, which platform/company are you doing these parlays through?

Nah. Since the Pandemic, there have been tons of lopsided cards so when I see em, I usually stack 7-12 team parlays and bet a lot so I can make hundreds. But they be across multiple weeks Since most cards have an average 2 fights that are guarantees. So I gotta stretch them shits out and add either some NBA or boxing to them.

Thanks to Matchroom and Goldenboy, I’m able to add more boxing matches to my parlays to increase my payouts at least until the end of August. Them PBC cards all look like 50-50s.

:cheers:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Broner pioneered the boxer having your own content rather than depending on the networks with the About Billions series but so far Jermell has been the most consistent with ringside with the lions over Tank and Farmer that all have followed the Broner blueprint

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

31323172-8571589-image-a-63_1596015463440.jpg

31321358-8571589-image-a-29_1596012299096.jpg

31323942-8571589-image-a-65_1596017086888.jpg

31321346-8571589-image-a-25_1596012299071.jpg

31321344-8571589-image-a-42_1596013542064.jpg

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't like this fight for Spence's first fight back...Garcia left hook is a problem...I hope Spence really is ready
EJ said he didn’t want no tune up. He knows his body better than I do. So I’ll take his word for it.

Last edited:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
EJ said he didn’t want no tune up. He knows his body better than I do. So I’ll take his word for it.
Yeah I remember that....as a fan I still wish he took an easier fight...you never know until you actually in there with somebody who is legit trying to take your head off and not just trying to spar

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah I remember that....as a fan I still wish he took an easier fight...you never know until you actually in there with somebody who is legit trying to take your head off and not just trying to spar
Every time you step in the ring, in the gym or not, somebody is trying to take your head off. If he is working like he used to work, and working out with those heavy hitters like you used too, then he will be more then okay for Danny Garcia. EJ is a beast.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Every time you step in the ring, in the gym or not, somebody is trying to take your head off. If he is working like he used to work, and working out with those heavy hitters like you used too, then he will be more then okay for Danny Garcia. EJ is a beast.
True....he does have some killers in that camp...cant do much better than Charlo as a sparring partner to get you ready for taking punches again

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
So it looks like Loma vs Teo not happening

Earlier this week, Lomachenko accepted a financial package that will pay him in excess of $3.25 million for the clash, per sources, a concession from his contractual guarantee. Lopez, who turned 23 on Thursday, rejected an offer in excess of $1.2 million, per sources.

With the proposed bout just over 60 days away and negotiations deadlocked, Lopez is resigned to defend his 135-pound belt against a different opponent, sources said, and was told he would make a fraction of the $1.2 million offer if he chose that route.

The undefeated fighter hasn’t competed since a second-round TKO of Richard Commey in December and is itching to return to the ring. He earned upward of $500,000 for his first title fight — a career-high payday, albeit a purse he felt was substantially below market — with the belief he would make significantly more for the Lomachenko meeting.

“We’re working on it,” said Top Rank president Todd duBoef. “We started our conversations earlier this week and we’re working on coming to terms to make the match.”

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo this is going to be a good one :yes:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
8/22 will be a good day of boxing with the Whyte vs Povetkin fight camp card during the day and then this later at night

Yo this is going to be a good one :yes:

Pow Wow

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dubois vs Joyce has been rescheduled and will now happen on October 24 at London’s O2 Arena
NINTCHDBPICT000560920146-e1581091954264.jpg

Never been impressed with Joyce. I need to watch it again but, I thought a very faded Bryant Jennings edged him in their fight. I'm rolling with Dubois in a slug fest. Should be a good scrap.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dubois vs Joyce has been rescheduled and will now happen on October 24 at London’s O2 Arena
NINTCHDBPICT000560920146-e1581091954264.jpg

Never been impressed with Joyce. I need to watch it again but, I thought a very faded Bryant Jennings edged him in their fight. I'm rolling with Dubois in a slug fest. Should be a good scrap.
I can’t wait to put my money on Dubois

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Nah I really don't think i'm fucking with any of his fight camp cards til that 4th and final 1, its looking like i'll have 7 total boxing cards in August if there aren't any fights cancelled from them. Will have 2 UFC cards as well and Champions League Soccer starting Aug 7th, maybe a track meet or 2 and I got a month full of sports in August

You fucking with that Matchroom card tomorrow?

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Former IBF CW champion Yoan Pablo Hernandez is making a comeback after being away for 6 years. The Cuban is moving up to HW. He is Yoel Romero's half brother