Official "Both Parties are the Same" Thread...

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
i just wanted the record to show that when Trump attacked Black NFL players for protesting on behalf of the Black community that no prominent Democrats came out against him. Hilly, Barry, Kamala, Bernie, Billy, etc

That is all.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
i just wanted the record to show that when Trump attacked Black NFL players for protesting on behalf of the Black community that no prominent Democrats came out against him. Hilly, Barry, Kamala, Bernie, Billy, etc

That is all.
however on their twitter I do see DACA and prayers for Mexico and P.R. tho

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
East Africa Doesn't Want 'Clothes of Dead White People' Anymore
And the US isn't happy about it

(Newser) – Seventy percent of donated second-hand clothing ends up in Africa, and a number of African nations are tired of it, the New York Times reports. Last year, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Burundi, and Kenya raised import tariffs on what Kenyans call the "clothes of dead white people" so high as to effectively ban them. The goal among the East African nations was to officially ban the importing of used clothing by 2019. The countries say they want to build up their own textile industries, an aim hampered by bringing in donated clothes from the West—$151 million worth in 2015 alone. They also say wearing what Mozambique calls "clothing of calamity" weighs on the dignity of their people.

The reaction in the US was swift. In March, the Office of the United States Trade Representative threatened to remove four of the six countries that increased tariffs on donated clothes from a trade deal meant to aid economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa. It was pressured to do so by the Secondary Materials and Recycled Textiles Association, a group of 40 used clothing exporters that claims 40,000 US jobs would be threatened by the East African ban. The secretary general of the UN Conference on Trade and Development calls the US response wrong "politically and morally." While Kenya has since backed out of the proposed ban, the other countries appear ready to forge ahead. "We have to grow and establish our industries," says President Paul Kagame of Rwanda. "This is the choice we find that we have to make." Read the full Times story here.

http://www.newser.com/story/249977/east-africa-doesnt-want-clothes-of-dead-white-people-anymore.html

See also https://www.theguardian.com/sustain.../second-hand-clothes-charity-donations-africa for context.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Extreme Ideology. In a 2012 speech, Mr. Farr compared NFIB v. Sebelius, in which the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, with two of our nation’s most ignominious Supreme Court decisions: Plessy v. Ferguson (upholding separate-but-equal laws) and Dred Scott (holding that no person of African descent could be a U.S. citizen). In a written question following his hearing, Senator Feinstein asked Mr. Farr: “In what way was the challenge to the ACA similar to Plessy v. Ferguson and Dred Scott?”[19] Mr. Farr declined to directly answer, merely responding: “As a private citizen, I did not agree with the decision rendered by the Supreme Court in each of these cases.”[20] He gave similar answers to Senators Whitehouse and Coons, who also asked him about this statement. It is one thing to disagree with the Court’s ACA decision, but quite another to compare it to the evils validated by the Supreme Court in those shameful 19th century decisions. Mr. Farr’s extreme ideology is also demonstrated by his membership since 1985 in the arch-conservative Federalist Society.

We are cognizant of the fact that an attorney should not be held responsible for the conduct or claims of his or her clients. But in the case of Mr. Farr, the anti-civil rights positions he has advanced on behalf of clients for decades appear to reflect his own personal ideology.

Excerpt from: Oppose the Confirmation of Thomas Farr to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina

https://civilrights.org/oppose-conf...strict-court-eastern-district-north-carolina/

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
New chairman of Trump EPA science board says air quality in the US is too clean . . .

Will we have to suffer the evils of this election past until severe and irreversible harm has occurred; or will something or some event save us before too late ???

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Will we have to suffer the evils of this election past until severe and irreversible harm has occurred; or will something or some event save us before too late ???

I have no clue. I felt better when Mueller started rolling out indictments, but you have all this under the radar stuff that is going on, and who knows how long they will remain in their positions.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I have no clue. I felt better when Mueller started rolling out indictments, but you have all this under the radar stuff that is going on, and who knows how long they will remain in their positions.

Damn :lol: . . . sometimes honesty is just not the answer.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Damn :lol: . . . sometimes honesty is just not the answer.

LOL. Sorry. I want to be optimistic, and I can see Trump serving a role as far as purging criminals since just about everyone around him is going to end up arrested, but I'm no longer confident we can survive 4 years and bounce back. Even if he was impeached tomorrow, we still have a coarsening of public discourse, and a whole bunch of GOP congress critters willing to let the country get shot to hell if it means they stay in power or might have the possibility of a tax cut. They aren't trying to secure our elections or anything.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
LOL. Sorry. I want to be optimistic, [but] . . .

I’m concerned as well over the coarsening of the discourse and “conduct” as well and I don’t have the feel that we will have moved the needle in a positive direction when Trump’s tenure has past. Hence, in my comment above I guess I was really looking for a line out of the Book of Richard (Pryor) LOL , “just tell me some of them ole lies, so I can forget about the truth.”

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor

Democrats have to understand that the most RepubliKlan politicos who are riding with Trump in the House of representatives are Tea Baggers Freedom Caucus racist misogynist Scum. You can't bring a book to a knife fight in the alley with a thug. Exhibit one is below:

Tea Bagger RepubliKlan Rep. once held a 10-inch knife to John Boehner’s throat during an argument
MOSSY-OAK-War-Horse-Serrated-10-inch-Fixed-Blade-Knife-with-Sharpener-and-Fire-Starter-0-0.jpg

Tea Bag Rep. Don Young (R-AK) once pinned Speaker of the House Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) against a wall and held a 10 inch knife to his throat, said a newly-published report in Politico.

Boehner told Politico’s Tim Alberta that Young held a 10-inch knife to his throat during a heated debate about earmarks. Boehner said that he responded to Young by looking him in the eye and saying, “F*ck you,” at which point Young released him.

When contacted by Politico, Young confirmed the account as “mostly true,” but declined to say which details were inaccurate. Young pointed out that he and the Ohio congressman later became such good friends that Boehner was the best man at Young’s wedding.

In the profile, Boehner knocked departing Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) — both of whom have been mentioned as possible House Speakers should Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) be forced to step down.

“F*ck Chaffetz, f*ck Jordan,” Boehner said to Alberta. “They’re both a**holes.” According to The Hill, Young has pulled a knife during arguments before, noting, “He reportedly pulled out a knife on the House floor in 1988 when a lawmaker introduced a bill that would have restricted logging in Alaska.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/go...e-to-john-boehners-throat-during-an-argument/

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...lican-party-retirement-profile-feature-215741

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Democrats have to understand that the most RepubliKlan politicos who are riding with Trump in the House of representatives are Tea Baggers Freedom Caucus racist misogynist Scum. You can't bring a book to a knife fight in the alley with a thug.

I agree with your characterization of the Trumpites and their inherent racist disposition. I tend to see the Democrats as wannabe “Big Tent’ers” and the larger the tent, the more diverse the views. But it seems to me one of the things the Democrats (Big Tents) appear to suffer from most these days is a lack of ideas and messaging to make the circus denizens act more on a “one-like” accord to seize control from those seemingly hell-bent on destroying the circus.