Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's still up ~50% over the past month even now. Pretty much everything is down over the past week.

It tried several times to pump recently, but every time it tried to make a move, BTC and ETH started dumping. Once those two stop dragging everything down it'll do much better.

So many projects run on eth..am I correct in thinking that's even scarier than Bitcoin dominance? Especially considering the price to transact with and move them.

I kept hearing bout how eth on exchanges was at all time low..people holding in wallets.ok so how much will it cost to put it back on an exchange to cash out?

Alot! It should be the opposite shouldnt it? The one crypto that should be kept on an exchange should be eth or any eth based token.am I fuckin up? Lemme know ...

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
So many projects run on eth..am I correct in thinking that's even scarier than Bitcoin dominance? Especially considering the price to transact with and move them.

I kept hearing bout how eth on exchanges was at all time low..people holding in wallets.ok so how much will it cost to put it back on an exchange to cash out?

Alot! It should be the opposite shouldnt it? The one crypto that should be kept on an exchange should be eth or any eth based token.am I fuckin up? Lemme know ...

In general, you don't want to keep significant amounts on an exchange for long periods. Just when you are getting in or out. Outside of that you should keep them in a wallet. You'll lose money having to move it around, but that is a small price to pay for not having to lose all of it due to the exchange suddenly deciding that they want to keep it. Or the exchange getting hacked.

The reason AXPR moved to be an ERC-20 token was that 65M tokens were stolen from Kucoin during a hack.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
In general, you don't want to keep significant amounts on an exchange for long periods. Just when you are getting in or out. Outside of that you should keep them in a wallet. You'll lose money having to move it around, but that is a small price to pay for not having to lose all of it due to the exchange suddenly deciding that they want to keep it. Or the exchange getting hacked.

The reason AXPR moved to be an ERC-20 token was that 65M tokens were stolen from Kucoin during a hack.

this has always been my concern.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
When you search AXPR on Kucoin, you should the two pairings. What do you see when you do a search?

Ok. I downloaded the app with vpn on and I see it (didnt see it on website) AXPR BTC and AXPR ETH

Terribly sorry for the ignorant question, but which is preferred?

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ok. I downloaded the app with vpn on and I see it (didnt see it on website) AXPR BTC and AXPR ETH

Terribly sorry for the ignorant question, but which is preferred?

They are the same thing, you just use either bitcoin or ethereum to buy it. There could be a slight difference in price but you can calculate that by multiplying the price by the current price of bitcoin and ethereum respectively.

The biggest difference could be in volume. Depending on how much you want to buy, there could be more sell orders on one than the other.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
They are the same thing, you just use either bitcoin or ethereum to buy it. There could be a slight difference in price but you can calculate that by multiplying the price by the current price of bitcoin and ethereum respectively.

The biggest difference could be in volume. Depending on how much you want to buy, there could be more sell orders on one than the other.

I was gonna edit and say let me do some more research, but thank you very much for clearing that up. As I am new to kucoin and some of these alt coins, I had originally thought I could buy it directly with credit card like i do the mainstream ones on coinbase

Now i see I have to deposit (or buy some eth or btc) on kucoin and trade it out for the AXPR. Am I correct?

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I was gonna edit and say let me do some more research, but thank you very much for clearing that up. As I am new to kucoin and some of these alt coins, I had originally thought I could buy it directly with credit card.

Now i see I have to deposit (or buy some eth or btc) on kucoin and trade it out. Am I correct?

Yes, you'll have to buy eth or btc from somewhere, then send it to kucoin. I'm not sure if coins can be bought directly from kucoin with a card.

Once you send your coins to kucoin, they have two wallets, a main wallet and a trading wallet. The main difference is the main wallet is used for deposits and withdrawals. The trading wallet is used for trading. Once you deposit eth or btc in your main wallet, you'll have to transfer it to your trading wallet to trade with it.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I was gonna edit and say let me do some more research, but thank you very much for clearing that up. As I am new to kucoin and some of these alt coins, I had originally thought I could buy it directly with credit card like i do the mainstream ones on coinbase

Now i see I have to deposit (or buy some eth or btc) on kucoin and trade it out for the AXPR. Am I correct?
Buy btc using cash app and send it to KuCoin…

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
Buy btc using cash app and send it to KuCoin…

Damn. You sending me down another rabbit hole (never used cashapp before based on my region). I am assuming it's because of the fees?

Edit: Won't allow a straightforward registration in my country.

Last edited:

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
Yes, you'll have to buy eth or btc from somewhere, then send it to kucoin. I'm not sure if coins can be bought directly from kucoin with a card.

Once you send your coins to kucoin, they have two wallets, a main wallet and a trading wallet. The main difference is the main wallet is used for deposits and withdrawals. The trading wallet is used for trading. Once you deposit eth or btc in your main wallet, you'll have to transfer it to your trading wallet to trade with it.

Bruh. Thanks a million. That main wallet and trading wallet was going to be my research topic. I have some BTC and ETH in my wallet and on coinbase, but I want to leave them be there. Don't want too many eggs in the same basket

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Damn. You sending me down another rabbit hole (never used cashapp before based on my region). I am assuming it's because of the fees?

Edit: Won't allow a straightforward registration in my country.
I thought you were in the U.S sorry… why are you not using binance.com?

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
I thought you were in the U.S sorry… why are you not using binance.com?

Last time I had checked a few months ago, had location restrictions as well. Very few platforms actually allow me to cash out in my region either and some wont allow my cards. Cex.io is one of the few that claims to allow the cash out (haven't tested). Coinbase claimed I could cash out as well, but it doesn't actually give me the option to do so.

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what do guys think of KDA? Seems like they figured out what has taken ETH and ADA years to figure out as far as scaling on Layer 1 chains and not having expensive gas fees.