{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good win by the Lakers

homer-simpson.gif

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is this dude's job to travel around the country going to Ja's games? Is he Ja's manager or something?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess dude wants to enjoy every second of the ride

Yep, he gave up his basketball career when Ja's Mom was pregnant with him.

He trained Ja and got him to the level and position he's in. Ja's retired his Dad and his Mom and they're all enjoying the ride.

Why watch the games on tv when you can watch them in person?

Now I don't expect him to be doing this in Ja's 10th year! :lol:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
76ers, without Embiid and Harden, edge Kings for 5-0 trip

Tyrese Maxey scored 15 of his 32 points in the third quarter and the Philadelphia 76ers, playing without Joel Embiid and James Harden, completed a perfect five-game road trip by beating the Sacramento Kings 129-127 on Saturday night.

Maxey also had seven assists and six rebounds to help the 76ers overcome a 21-point deficit.

Embiid and Harden rested foot injuries but the rest of the 76ers snapped Sacramento's six-game winning streak.

Tobias Harris, Montrezl Harrell and Georges Niang all had 17 points for the Sixers.

De'Aaron Fox had 31 points and nine assists for the Kings (26-19). Harrison Barnes had 27 points, going 6 for 9 from 3-point range.

I like this rotating squad set up. Theyre finding ways to win without their big guns :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

We all out here trying to get rich at all costs, but Bomani's insistence on these slight anti -Black takes are getting wack as fuck. Lebron is one man, that has done far more good than wrong in his tenure. Very few could carry a league in a positive light the way he has. That "hire his buddies line", is some white man overseer shit, ala Phil Jackson and the posse reference. The increase in salaries and contracts during his 20 year cycle have been monumental. Never breaking a contract, never forcing his way out, and he brought a championship to ever town he went too. He has gotten more scrub ass players millions. WTF is wrong with that?

Bomani aint pushing for better contracts for his staff, IN PUBLIC. He didn't say shit when ESPN was firing talent left and right. He sure as hell didn't say shit when Jemele and
Michael got canned.

Game Theory is pretty bad, from a comedic writing standpoint. He can't really carry this lane very well.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
We all out here trying to get rich at all costs, but Bomani's insistence on these slight anti -Black takes are getting wack as fuck. Lebron is one man, that has done far more good than wrong in his tenure. Very few could carry a league in a positive light the way he has. That "hire his buddies line", is some white man overseer shit, ala Phil Jackson and the posse reference. The increase in salaries and contracts during his 20 year cycle have been monumental. Never breaking a contract, never forcing his way out, and he brought a championship to ever town he went too. He has gotten more scrub ass players millions. WTF is wrong with that?

Bomani aint pushing for better contracts for his staff, IN PUBLIC. He didn't say shit when ESPN was firing talent left and right. He sure as hell didn't say shit when Jemele and
Michael got canned.

Game Theory is pretty bad, from a comedic writing standpoint. He can't really carry this lane very well.

I am a Bomani lifer

But I gotta agree with what you saying.

The show IS better. But he gotta work on his delivery more. Interesting how much better he is with the pre recorded stuff. That's gold.

The live stuff to me is all about timing. I don't know if you can TEACH that. And he is damn good on radio and podcast I thought his timing THERE would translate perfectly to TV.

It has not.

The writing and material is fine but I don't care if your a Lebron fan or not.....

That was misguided undeserved and hater-ish take. Especially going to Tamir and Trayvon. Almost hot take Skip level which is beneath him.

If you gotta send out a tweet EXPLAINING how a 4 minute scripted segment is NOT hating?

Homie I'm inclined to believe you are a hater.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Michael got canned.

What's anti black?

You can't criticize black people....or only certain black people?

and Bomani doesn't have the power that Lebron has and never claimed to have it....but he has every right to call out the hypocrisy.

It's weird how you dudes can't even take criticism of certain players, even if they're totally accurate.

The Tamir Rice shit was unacceptable.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I am a Bomani lifer

But I gotta agree with what you saying.

The show IS better. But he gotta work on his delivery more. Interesting how much better he is with the pre recorded stuff. That's gold.

The live stuff to me is all about timing. I don't know if you can TEACH that. And he is damn good on radio and podcast I thought his timing THERE would translate perfectly to TV.

It has not.

The writing and material is fine but I don't care if your a Lebron fan or not.....

That was misguided undeserved and hater-ish take. Especially going to Tamir and Trayvon. Almost hot take Skip level which is beneath him.

If you gotta send out a tweet EXPLAINING how a 4 minute scripted segment is NOT hating?

Homie I'm inclined to believe you are a hater.

You have to explain it, because muthafuckas are sensitive as shit and start crying and whining every time their player is criticized. It doesn't matter how accurate it is. So everyone is supposed to just ignore the obvious and coddle these celebs?

What was hater about the Tamir Rice stuff?

The shit happen in Cleveland....he didn't say shit....and then said he needed to find out more about it.

He picks and chooses his battles, but then people want to put him on the same plane as Kareem, Jim Brown and Muhammad Ali.

Lebon checks boxes and has his whole career, because he's concerned about how people perceive him, it doesn't matter if it's accurate.

He made a whole marketing thing about Shut Up And Dribble, and he shouldn't be task and shit shouldn't be expected out of him?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
An amazing 5-0 on the west coast trip for the Sixers. Shit is almost unheard of. Playing very well. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: My bitch niggas still won't make it past the 2nd round though :smh: I'm no fool.

oh5kBG.jpg

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You have to explain it, because muthafuckas are sensitive as shit and start crying and whining every time their player is criticized. It doesn't matter how accurate it is. So everyone is supposed to just ignore the obvious and coddle these celebs?

What was hater about the Tamir Rice stuff?

The shit happen in Cleveland....he didn't say shit....and then said he needed to find out more about it.

He picks and chooses his battles, but then people want to put him on the same plane as Kareem, Jim Brown and Muhammad Ali.

Lebon checks boxes and has his whole career, because he's concerned about how people perceive him, it doesn't matter if it's accurate.

He made a whole marketing thing about Shut Up And Dribble, and he shouldn't be task and shit shouldn't be expected out of him?

I have my issues with Lebron and Bomani raised some good points about the player empowerment thing, but as playahaitian said it's about timing. Bomani could have also ripped him about how LeBron backtracked on China, but I will say, Lebron is the ambassador of the NBA, at present, other than Chris Paul, there doesn't seem to be any players that are leaders from a business standpoint that can take the reigns and lead the NBA into the future. Let's take a look at who we have that could step into that role

Kevin Durant - no, he doesn't want to be the leader on his own team
Giannis - great player, but no
Jokic, Doncic, and any of the European players - no
Jaylen Brown and/or Jason Tatum - no
Kyrie - had potential, but he's too much a loose cannon at this point

Steph is probably the only one that will take the mantle when Lebron retires and if they win ANOTHER championship, i'm not sure how much longer steph plays. Steph doesn't seem like the type of dude that will playing into his late 30s like Lebron.

My point is that the NBA has become more culturally aware because of the things that LeBron has done. Has he been perfect? Not at all, but I applaud for what he has done and i think on an individual level, he wanted to be better than Jordan off the court. (from a cultural sense)