{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The best thing about Russ is He dont give a fuck! He's gonna play his game...the worst thing about Russ is He dont give a fuck! He's gonna play his game :smh: To @4 Dimensional point, anyone can come down the lane out of control and throw up a wild shot. Shannon Sharpe said yesterday that Russ has played with all of these great players and has only gotten to the finals one time..

Other than KD and Bron, none of those other great players he played with has ever been to the finals.

Russ is who he is though. I think we are accustomed to seeing him out of control, but this time he isn't putting up triple-doubles, so there is nothing to cover what we already knew about him.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I’m late with this shit…

FfkSY3dWQAEChJi

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

It might be time to reinvest in league pass. There is no way we should be getting any battle of LA games on national tv again this year. There are so many teams that don't get TnT or ESPN games all season but every 0-11 Westbrick vs Clipper show is on national tv.

I personally don't want to see this match up ever again until we see it in the WCF. I think it scheduled for Neveruary 32nd.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It might be time to reinvest in league pass. There is no way we should be getting any battle of LA games on national tv again this year. There are so many teams that don't get TnT or ESPN games all season but every 0-11 Westbrick vs Clipper show is on national tv.

I personally don't want to see this match up ever again until we see it in the WCF. I think it scheduled for Neveruary 32nd.

They’ve already put these bums on TV twice. It needs to stop immediately.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Once LeBron retires they will not be on TV like that anymore
I'd like to think that but I vividly remember the dark age between Kobe & Lebron when the Lakers were still getting national TV games.
The LA tv market is what it is. I get that. I hate the game is so driven by money, but alas :dunno:

Never matter how good a team like Memphis gets or how the Pelicans can develop .... your average person isn't watching MEM / NO on a rainy Wednesday night. I'm convinced that most average 'sports' fans would rather have the Laker game on as background noise while the commentators mention all the days talking head stories.

Most people who watch the nba don't really WATCH basketball. And I'm not even mad. Games are long, come on late, and the season is TOO DAMN LONG. Most people have lives and can't devote time to actually a watching good basketball game every night. I love this game and I've only watched two games thus far :dunno:

My point being, as long as the Cowboys, Knicks, Lakers, etc. command large tv audiences of casuals who can drift off listening to the sounds of familiar names and narratives, I fear we will be forever doomed to suffer Cowboys/Eagles or Battle of LA on national TV every time it happens until the suns implodes.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The best thing about Russ is He dont give a fuck! He's gonna play his game...the worst thing about Russ is He dont give a fuck! He's gonna play his game :smh: To @4 Dimensional point, anyone can come down the lane out of control and throw up a wild shot. Shannon Sharpe said yesterday that Russ has played with all of these great players and has only gotten to the finals one time..

Actually Russell does care, a lot. Most can tell that it's getting to him.

In one of his recent interviews he talked about having a strong faith in God and a good solid core around him.

That sounds like a man leaning towards faith and others for strength.

Just my opinion

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor

Daughters of Jayson Williams denounce his St. John's HOF nod

The daughters of former NBA All-Star Jayson Williams have denounced St. John's for its decision to induct their father into the school's athletics hall of fame because of accusations of neglect in their lives following his role in the 2002 fatal shooting of a limousine driver.
Tryumph and Whizdom Williams wrote open lettersthat they planned to send to St. John's saying the school should be ashamed for his induction into the class during Saturday's homecoming weekend.
Williams, 54, served more than a year in prison for the accidental shotgun death of chauffeur Costas Christofi.
The sisters each accused Williams of neglect and emotional and verbal abuse and said the power forward, who once signed a six-year, $86 million deal with the New Jersey Nets, failed to provide adequate financial support.
Tryumph Jaye Williams, a 19-year-old studying theater at DePaul, detailed accusations that her sister was locked in a trash chute by Williams. Tryumph also lashed out at St. John's as "possibly, fools, misusing money to honor Jayson Williams."
"Why are you being honored and inducted into the hall of fame when I've always had to earn my survival, let alone my success, in spite of you? St. John's University -- you should be ashamed of yourself," she wrote.
Whizdom J Williams, an 18-year-old student at the Fashion Institute of Technology, accused her father of being an alcoholic and "a deadbeat father who lacks any sense of remorse."
St. John's and Williams did not immediately return requests for comment.
Williams killed Christofi with a 12-gauge shotgun while showing it to friends at his New Jersey mansion, having failed to check the weapon's safety mechanism before snapping the gun closed. Williams then wiped down the weapon and placed it in the chauffeur's hands, stripped off his own clothes, handed them to a friend and jumped into his pool, according to testimony. Williams' lawyers maintained that the shooting was an accident and that his actions were driven by panic.
He made a tearful apology to the victim's family when he was sentenced for the shooting in 2010. Williams, divorced from his daughters' mother, Tanya, had paid Christofi's family more than $2 million in 2003 to settle a wrongful death lawsuit.
Williams has since founded the addiction rehabilitation program the Rebound Institute in Florida, which has been promoted by St. John's as a success story.
But his daughters wrote that Williams never made amends with them.
"I knew that I couldn't change who my father was or the way he viewed and treated me," Whizdom wrote. "I knew that the contrition and apologies were never coming."
She also wrote a poem about her father and dedicated it: "To the weakest man I know, Jayson."

Williams averaged 7.3 points and 7.5 rebounds over nine seasons with the Philadelphia 76ers and Nets. The 6-foot-10 Williams was among the NBA's best rebounders when leg injuries led to his retirement from the Nets in 2000.
He played three seasons at St. John's under Hall of Fame coach Lou Carnesecca. A co-captain in 1989-90, Williams was part of a St. John's team that won 24 games and advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament. He was the 21st overall pick in the 1990 draft and finished with 3,472 points, 3,584 rebounds and 301 blocks during his pro career.
Williams is scheduled to join a seven-person class at St. John's induction ceremony that also includes 2016 Olympic high jumper Priscilla Frederick and 2016 Olympic fencing silver medalist Daryl Homer.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah man I feel you. As a Lakers fan I'm tired of them putting them niggas on tv to get blowed the fuck out! :lol:

But luckily they made it competitive last night because I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Why didn't they just fire Udoka :smh:

Saying they wouldn't oppose if another team offered him their job