<<{{Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread - the season returns July 31-October 12. }}>

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The dude is just trolling or too ignorant to comprehend.

Curry has clearly been more influential than Kobe or LeBron in terms of impact on basketball. That can be true without him being better than either.

Curry hasnt been more impactful than either on or off the court son. If he were, there would be people who thinks he's better.

His 4-5 years of influencing higher 3 point volume hasnt surpassed Kobe's 20 year approach to work ethic and winning. Kobe influenced multiple generations. And his whole "I wanna take the last second tough degree of difficulty shot" schtick carried the NBA longer than Curry's "greatest shooter" mantra.

Curry also hasnt surpassed Bron's 17 year impact on ALL players on the court now being expected to perform in all facets of the game and post trip dubs. Not just PGs like Magic and J Kidd. The Lukas, the KDs, the Kawhis, Giannis, all these dudes are products of the Bron era and having to be able to do multiple things. Before him if you scored 30 points on 40% shooting, 10 FTs, with 2 boards, and 3 assists people would say you were the best player. Now we expect much more production in all areas. Its been going on since 2003.

I guess you guys really do feel Steph is the greatest PG ever. Cuz yall talk like he could retire right now and be top 5. :lol:

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Curry hasnt been more impactful than either on or off the court son. If he were, there would be people who thinks he's better.

His 4-5 years of influencing higher 3 point volume hasnt surpassed Kobe's 20 year approach to work ethic and winning. Kobe influenced multiple generations. And his whole "I wanna take the last second tough degree of difficulty shot" schtick carried the NBA longer than Curry's "greatest shooter" mantra.

Curry also hasnt surpassed Bron's 17 year impact on ALL players on the court now being expected to perform in all facets of the game and post trip dubs. Not just PGs like Magic and J Kidd. The Lukas, the KDs, the Kawhis, Giannis, all these dudes are products of the Bron era and having to be able to do multiple things. Before him if you scored 30 points on 40% shooting, 10 FTs, with 2 boards, and 3 assists people would say you were the best player. Now we expect much more production in all areas. Its been going on since 2003.

"4-5 years of influencing higher 3 point volume"

My assessment is based on the projection that post-Curry Revolution, basketball will be different for decades, if not forever. I'm measuring impact, not how long it took a player to make that impact.

I guess you guys really do feel Steph is the greatest PG ever. Cuz yall talk like he could retire right now and be top 5. :lol:

Steph could retire right now and be a top 5 point guard-- That was the consensus. And he will definitely be on the PG Mt. Rushmore when all is said and done.

2019 Results:
  1. Magic Johnson
    124 vote(s)
    99.2%
  2. Isiah Thomas
    98 vote(s)
    78.4%
  3. Oscar Robertson
    69 vote(s)
    55.2%
  4. John Stockton
    49 vote(s)
    39.2%

And just outside:

2014 results for five year context:
  1. Magic Johnson
    108 vote(s)
    96.4%
  2. Isiah Thomas
    84 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Oscar Robertson
    81 vote(s)
    72.3%
  4. John Stockton
    72 vote(s)
    64.3%
And a distant fifth:
  1. Jason Kidd
    35 vote(s)
    31.3%

Johnson, Thomas, Robertson, Stockton. BGOL's 2014 and 2019 Mount Rushmore's are the same, but Steph Curry was not even thought of as an option five years ago (with no complaints) and was just barely edged out by Stockton with just over two percent difference.

I think if this poll is done again in five years, Curry is knocking Stockton off of the mountain easily.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

They gonna have to cancel it. Bucks are eastern conference champions and regular season champs. Lakers western conference champions. Bucks get rings for regular season champs having best overall record. That's all you can do. :dunno: Have the draft in June according to records when play stopped and get ready for next year in November. No summer league.

nuL64G.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
So the Snickers are unhappy with Randle

Ya'll wondered why the Lakers let him go before Lebron got there. :dunno:

Dude plays like a superstar, but isn't. Iso ball isn't in anymore where you pound the ball and your teammates watch. He has a 90's/early 2000 game.

He puts up stats, but they're empty. He's a 20 and 10 player, but it doesn't help wins and losses. Plus he doesn't play defense and isn't a shot blocker.

IMO he's more of a sixth man who can help the second unit.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
They gonna have to cancel it. Bucks are eastern conference champions and regular season champs. Lakers western conference champions. Bucks get rings for regular season champs having best overall record. That's all you can do. :dunno: Have the draft in June according to records when play stopped and get ready for next year in November. No summer league.

nuL64G.jpg

I don't even think the NBA season will start on time next season. They're saying we might have a vaccine by the middle of next year at the earliest.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I don't even think the NBA season will start on time next season. They're saying we might have a vaccine by the middle of next year at the earliest.

We aren't going to be stuck in the house until there's a vaccine, because there might not be.

Nothing cures or prevents the flu, common cold....there's just things to treat it. We deal with the seasonal flu and it's 30,000 deaths.

Plus who knows if it mutates

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
We aren't going to be stuck in the house until there's a vaccine, because there might not be.

Nothing cures or prevents the flu, common cold....there's just things to treat it. We deal with the seasonal flu and it's 30,000 deaths.

Plus who knows if it mutates

The reason,why we get the flu ever year is because the flu virus mutates every year,while this virus is mutating slowly. You can't tell people to go back to normal when they're trying to find a vaccine for a virus that's unknown...

The reason why experts are saying it will take 12-18 months because this is a new virus and plus they gotta find a vaccine,make sure it works and then get approval.

I rather them take their time to get a proper vaccine than rushing so folks can get back to their lives,catching the virus again,possibly making it mutate and making the situation even worse.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered

Are these people all white?

It's unacceptable that the NBA and WNBA both have white commissioners. At least Silver has been in basketball a long time, did you know the WNBA's commissioner is some white woman who ran a financial service company for 30 years?

The basketball leagues and the NFL are practicing apartheid.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Kevin Garnett not interested in retired T-wolves jersey: 'I don't do business with snakes'

Jason Owens
Yahoo Sports
April 7, 2020, 2:26 pm

Kevin Garnett’s beef with Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor is well documented. But with his pending enshrinement into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame has come renewed talk of having his jersey retired by the Timberwolves.

He’s not having it. At least as long as Taylor is still around.

‘I’m not entertaining it’

Garnett spoke about his induction into the Hall with The Athletic’s Shams Charania when the topic of retiring his Timberwolves jersey came up. Time has not thawed his relationship with team ownership.
“Glen knows where I’m at,” Garnett said. “I’m not entertaining it. First of all, it’s not genuine. Two, he’s getting pressure from a lot of fans and, I guess, the community there.”
Garnett’s No. 5 jersey with the Boston Celtics is scheduled to be raised to the rafters next season. But the No. 21 he wore in Minnesota is the jersey he donned when he made himself a Hall of Famer.

Easily the best player in the history of the franchise, Garnett played 13 of his 22 NBA seasons in Minnesota, where he earned 10 of his 15 career All-Star nods and won the 2004 MVP trophy.

Why is KG mad?

Garnett is upset with Taylor after he says the Timberwolves owner failed to honor a deal they had along with former general manager and head coach Flip Saunders. Garnett says that when he waived a no-trade clause to return to the Timberwolves from the Brooklyn Nets late in his career, it came with an understanding that he would join team ownership and play a front-office role after he retired.

He says Taylor backed out of that arrangement when Saunders died of Hodgkin lymphoma in 2015.
“Glen and I had an understanding before Flip died, and when Flip died, that understanding went with Flip,” Garnett said. “For that, I won’t forgive Glen. I won’t forgive him for that. I thought he was a straight-up person, straight-up business man, and when Flip died, everything went with him.”
‘I don’t do business with snakes’

If the Timberwolves want Garnett’s No. 21 in the rafters, they could conceivably retire it without his blessing. But a jersey retirement ceremony without Garnett’s presence would make for an awkward, bizarre scene.

It’s a shame for Timberwolves fans, whom Garnett makes clear he holds no ill-will with. He just doesn’t want to be in business with Taylor.
“I’ll always have a special place for the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota in my heart,” Garnett said. “But I don’t do business with snakes. I don’t do business with snake motherf------. I try not to do business with openly snakes or people who are snake-like.”

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

BGOL is Steph Curry in the same class as MJ, Kobe, and Bron?

Shit I think he actually would be ahead of the other Kobe and Lebron.....

Curry changed the deep shooting shit forever

Kobe mirrored Mike
Lebron changed the business and power side of it for players

now I’m go look at the story and see what we’re the guidelines they used for come up with the list....

Dirk actually coming to mind

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Kevin Garnett not interested in retired T-wolves jersey: 'I don't do business with snakes'

Jason Owens
Yahoo Sports
April 7, 2020, 2:26 pm

Kevin Garnett’s beef with Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor is well documented. But with his pending enshrinement into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame has come renewed talk of having his jersey retired by the Timberwolves.

He’s not having it. At least as long as Taylor is still around.

‘I’m not entertaining it’

Garnett spoke about his induction into the Hall with The Athletic’s Shams Charania when the topic of retiring his Timberwolves jersey came up. Time has not thawed his relationship with team ownership.

Garnett’s No. 5 jersey with the Boston Celtics is scheduled to be raised to the rafters next season. But the No. 21 he wore in Minnesota is the jersey he donned when he made himself a Hall of Famer.

Easily the best player in the history of the franchise, Garnett played 13 of his 22 NBA seasons in Minnesota, where he earned 10 of his 15 career All-Star nods and won the 2004 MVP trophy.

Why is KG mad?

Garnett is upset with Taylor after he says the Timberwolves owner failed to honor a deal they had along with former general manager and head coach Flip Saunders. Garnett says that when he waived a no-trade clause to return to the Timberwolves from the Brooklyn Nets late in his career, it came with an understanding that he would join team ownership and play a front-office role after he retired.

He says Taylor backed out of that arrangement when Saunders died of Hodgkin lymphoma in 2015.

‘I don’t do business with snakes’

If the Timberwolves want Garnett’s No. 21 in the rafters, they could conceivably retire it without his blessing. But a jersey retirement ceremony without Garnett’s presence would make for an awkward, bizarre scene.

It’s a shame for Timberwolves fans, whom Garnett makes clear he holds no ill-will with. He just doesn’t want to be in business with Taylor.
He must really think he’s an all time Celtic.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Shit I think he actually would be ahead of the other Kobe and Lebron.....

Curry changed the deep shooting shit forever

Kobe mirrored Mike
Lebron changed the business and power side of it for players

now I’m go look at the story and see what we’re the guidelines they used for come up with the list....

Dirk actually coming to mind

The shit you said makes no fuckin sense

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This right here is exactly what I mean in misleading numbers; people say numbers dont lie; that statement is a lie in itself; anyways it doesnt matter how much money they have been paid upfront; those players will still give back the money; so once the union and NBA agree to whatever percentage players have to give up; then these players are gonna have to give back that money; so this shit means absolutely nothing.......

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Utah Jazz's Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell's relationship 'doesn't appear salvageable' after coronavirus fallout: report
By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News
close

Fox News Flash top headlines for April 10
Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

Utah Jazz teammates Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell have both recovered after testing positive for coronavirus but, according to reports, the relationship between the two “doesn’t appear salvageable” following fallout from Gobert’s actions.

Gobert was the first player in the NBA to test positive for COVID-19 prompting the league to suspend the season on March 11. Mitchell tested positive the following day.
MAVERICKS’ OWNER MARK CUBAN HOPEFUL FOR EARLY JUNA NBA RETURN DATE: ‘IT’S NOT INCONCEIVABLE TO ME’
But nearly a month later, sources revealed to The Athletic that Mitchell, still frustrated with Gobert’s actions at the time, is not interested in mending the relationship with his teammate.
"It doesn't appear salvageable," the source told the publication.
Gobert came under fire last month after he mocked the NBA’s precautionary measures requiring members of the media to stand at least 6 feet away from players. He was criticized following one press conference with reporters after touching all the microphones on the table.
According to an ESPN report at the time, he also acted carelessly in the locker room, high-fiving teammates after games.
Gobert offered a public apology for his behavior a day after testing positive and while Mitchell acknowledged it at the time, it appears that he isn’t over it.
According to the report, the team has tried to mend the relationship, telling Mitchell there’s no way to know for sure who transmitted the virus to begin with.
CLICK HERE TO GET MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
If the season does resume in the coming weeks, it could spell trouble on the court, but their teammate Joe Ingles is confident that time will allow for the relationship to recover.
"I'm confident our team is going to be totally fine," Ingles told The Athletic. "... I have no doubt when we go back to training, or when our season starts again, our team is going to be what we have been and what we are. ... I'm confident our team will be completely fine. The chemistry will be fine."

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Utah Jazz's Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell's relationship 'doesn't appear salvageable' after coronavirus fallout: report
By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News
close

Fox News Flash top headlines for April 10
Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

Utah Jazz teammates Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell have both recovered after testing positive for coronavirus but, according to reports, the relationship between the two “doesn’t appear salvageable” following fallout from Gobert’s actions.

Gobert was the first player in the NBA to test positive for COVID-19 prompting the league to suspend the season on March 11. Mitchell tested positive the following day.
MAVERICKS’ OWNER MARK CUBAN HOPEFUL FOR EARLY JUNA NBA RETURN DATE: ‘IT’S NOT INCONCEIVABLE TO ME’
But nearly a month later, sources revealed to The Athletic that Mitchell, still frustrated with Gobert’s actions at the time, is not interested in mending the relationship with his teammate.
"It doesn't appear salvageable," the source told the publication.
Gobert came under fire last month after he mocked the NBA’s precautionary measures requiring members of the media to stand at least 6 feet away from players. He was criticized following one press conference with reporters after touching all the microphones on the table.
According to an ESPN report at the time, he also acted carelessly in the locker room, high-fiving teammates after games.
Gobert offered a public apology for his behavior a day after testing positive and while Mitchell acknowledged it at the time, it appears that he isn’t over it.
According to the report, the team has tried to mend the relationship, telling Mitchell there’s no way to know for sure who transmitted the virus to begin with.
CLICK HERE TO GET MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
If the season does resume in the coming weeks, it could spell trouble on the court, but their teammate Joe Ingles is confident that time will allow for the relationship to recover.
"I'm confident our team is going to be totally fine," Ingles told The Athletic. "... I have no doubt when we go back to training, or when our season starts again, our team is going to be what we have been and what we are. ... I'm confident our team will be completely fine. The chemistry will be fine."
Damn
I was wondering how other teams and players would react to Rudy, but if his own costar player ain't fucking wit him, then idk :itsawrap:
Rudy might end up getting that Magic Johnson return to the Lakers type treatment. Where no one but the fans really want him back.
I hope not. Rudy is one of the few big men who still remembers what it is to play defense and work down low.