New NBA Books: Scottie Pippen memoir throws some big Michael Jordan shade "I WAS THE REAL LEADER" & the Last Dance was disrespect UPDATE: Oh SH*T!

jae_one

Rising Star
Registered
All the players who played with them say Pip was the Leader... Jordan was just the best. Not even close in regards to who was the best player on the team, but... Pippen always will be underrated because of it. Pippen is in my top 20 All-Time, but others will stick to the top 50.... dude just did so much on both ends of the floor.

Last edited:

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All the players who played with them say Pip was the Leader... Jordan was just the best. Not even close in regards to who was the best player on the team, but... Pippen always will be underrated because of it. Pippen is in my top 20 All-Time, but others will stick to the top 5.... dude just did so much on both ends of the floor.
Pippen is overrated if anything. How can you be top 20 all-time when your whole career in the playoffs was either you getting bitched by Detroit or New York, you have “migraines” or a bad back? Plus, he holds grudges like a girl. He’s the most mentally fragile player in the Hall.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Pippen said MJ made that Last Dance doc because LEBRON was starting to overshadow him..

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I don't understand,why so many people defend Jordan but will kill others for calling him out on his bullshit.

Are there people jealous of Jordan,probably but I find it hard to believe all of them are. Jordan could kill someone's family member but people will blame the victim for their own death.

I don't blame Pippen for calling Jordan out. How are you gonna say there wouldnt be no Michael Jordan without Pippen and then throw Pippen under the bus in a documentary.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't understand,why so many people defend Jordan but will kill others for calling him out on his bullshit.

Are there people jealous of Jordan,probably but I find it hard to believe all of them are. Jordan could kill someone's family member but people will blame the victim for their own death.

I don't blame Pippen for calling Jordan out. How are you gonna say there wouldnt be no Michael Jordan without Pippen and then throw Pippen under the bus in a documentary.

Agreed.

My ONLY issue with Scottie is deliberately not sending condolences to MJ after his father death.

That is just..

Everything else?

Agree or disagree if anyone has the right to talk about MJ its Pip.

This MJ is perfect stuff is not gonna really help his legacy moving forward.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Agreed.

My ONLY issue with Scottie is deliberately not sending condolences to MJ after his father death.

That is just..

Everything else?

Agree or disagree if anyone has the right to talk about MJ its Pip.

This MJ is perfect stuff is not gonna really help his legacy moving forward.

Just,a few years ago,Craig Hodges called out Jordan and folks were saying he's jealous of Jordan. It made no sense. I don't understand,why Jordan can't be called out for his bullshit but others can.. :smh:

jae_one

Rising Star
Registered
Pippen is overrated if anything. How can you be top 20 all-time when your whole career in the playoffs was either you getting bitched by Detroit or New York, you have “migraines” or a bad back? Plus, he holds grudges like a girl. He’s the most mentally fragile player in the Hall.

Not many have had the skill set of Pippen before him or since. And, he won 6 rings after learning to win in some tough series with Detroit.
And I meant to say they will claim him as top 50... but I still have him in my top 20. MY top 20.... What can I say, I just loved his game... but I respect you not agreeing with me, most don't, so not trying to convince.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I ain’t a fan of “tough talkin” Scottie. Negro played himself on his NBA contract and mad at the world, let a Kim Kardashian wanna be ho finesse him and fuck niggas he gotta commentate on to make a living. All that shit while being church mouse quiet. Now he got all the smoke for Jordan? True or not this nigga is way late and Jordan’s legacy is solidified. All he’s adding to his legacy is second best teammate and CSNIC (chief salty nigga in charge). Check yo wack ass baby mama even one time before you start talking bout another dude.
Succa shit.

Last edited:

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
Nigga need to be directing this energy toward...

larsapippen-01.jpg

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Should have just did a 30 for 30 to tell his story like Rodman to compliment the Last Dance...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen May Never Be Friends Again After Pippen Admitted He Regrets Not Giving Jordan Condolences After His Father Was Murdered
by Ashish Mathur on November 10, 2021

In his memoir, Unguarded, Chicago Bulls legend Scottie Pippen admitted he didn’t offer Michael Jordan condolences when his father was murdered in 1993. James Jordan was killed while he slept in his car on the side of a North Carolina highway, and his body was found in a South Carolina creek.
ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith is one of the few media members who has a relationship with Jordan. After the excerpt of Pippen’s memoir in which he talked about not offering condolences to Jordan came out, Smith went on First Take and boldly stated that the Bulls icons may never be friends again.

Stephen A. Smith on Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen: “It’s over”

Smith said “it’s over” between Jordan and Pippen after what the latter revealed in his book about the former’s father’s passing. The veteran media talent spoke with Jordan on Nov. 2.
“His father passed away after the first three-peat,” Smith said. “So you had year one without Michael Jordan, year two. You had the three years you were with him for the second three-peat to express your condolences. You never did it. Michael Jordan never even thought about that until he saw it, and then he realized, ‘Wait a minute, you didn’t give me condolences on purpose. I didn’t even think about this.’ He’s (Pippen) crossed the line. Him and Jordan, it’s over. Take it from me. It’s over.”
Pippen takes a lot of shots at Jordan in his memoir. In response to Jordan calling him selfish in ESPN’s The Last Dance documentary for delaying a foot surgery and asking to be traded in 1997, Pippen fired back by calling MJ selfish as well.
Scottie Pippen on why he thinks Michael Jordan is selfish

Jordan retired in October 1993 after his father was killed in June. He was mentally and physically exhausted, and many people around the Bulls likely understood why he left the NBA. However, Pippen wasn’t one of them.
“You want to know what selfish is? Selfish is retiring right before the start of training camp when it is too late for the organization to sign free agents,” Pippen wrote in his book.
Pippen averaged 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, and 5.6 assists sans Jordan in 1993-94. He not only led the Bulls to 55 wins, but he also finished third in MVP voting and won the 1994 All-Star Game MVP. In his book, Pippen wrote, “For once, it was nice to win something of my own instead of watching Michael walk off with another trophy.”

It’s been shocking to watch Pippen bash Jordan ever since The Last Dance came out. He sounds bitter about his time with the Bulls despite winning six championships in the ’90s and becoming a global celebrity.
The Hall of Famer also looks like a merciless person. After all, he didn’t offer Jordan condolences after the shooting guard lost the most important male figure in his life.
Pip looks really bad

Pippen heard Jordan talk about his father’s death at his retirement press conference in 1993, watched him cry after the Bulls’ fourth championship on Father’s Day in 1996, and saw him get emotional in Episode 7 of The Last Dance when he spoke about the night his father’s body was found.
Despite all of that, Pippen never found it in his heart to offer condolences. That’s a bad look for the former small forward.
Jordan called Pippen his best teammate of all time in The Last Dance. The five-time MVP even thanked him during his Hall of Fame speech in 2009. The Last Dance must have really rubbed Pippen the wrong way because he even praised Jordan during his Hall of Fame ceremony in 2010.
It’s certainly been glaring to see Pippen write and say negative things about Jordan, especially for Bulls fans who watched the two legends dominate the ’90s and develop an impeccable rapport on the basketball court.
Apparently, that chemistry was only on the hardwood.

Last edited:

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Scottie, Scottie, Scottie.. I agree Jordan doesn't get two three peats without Da Pip, but you were the "real leader"??? C'mon. :rolleyes: