New Dave Chappelle Special” The Closer” October 5th

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
I tried to read it with open ears and to give an honest listen to her viewpoint.

The title alone should make no person with common sense read it, but I tried.

I made it up until she used the Ray Rice joke as an example.

I don’t think a person could get Dave and his viewpoints more wrong if they tried. She’s truly an embarrassment and what’s makes it so sad, it’s that many are just as lost as her when it comes to Chappelle and his jokes and viewpoint. :smh:
Some people just want to run with a narrative and don't care about the facts.
Kind of like cacs being told numerous times exactly what Kap was kneeling for, but STILL insisted on saying he was kneeling against military veterans.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kind of like cacs being told numerous times exactly what Kap was kneeling for, but STILL insisted on saying he was kneeling against military veterans.

I feel you man 1000%!

But to say that Dave’s perspective is that Black men have it to roughest when he’s talking about Black people as a whole?

I’m literally dumbfounded. :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dave Chappelle's controversial Closer special among Producers Guild of America Awards nominations

King Richard, Dune, West Side Story, Belfast, The Power of the Dog, and Squid Game also showed up on the 2022 PGA noms list.

By Joey NolfiJanuary 27, 2022 at 11:15 AM EST

Hollywood's leading producers have named the best movies and TV shows of the last year, as the Producers Guild of America announced its annual awards nominations — including Netflix's Closer stand-up special that features comedian Dave Chappelle's headline-making controversial remarks about the transgender community.

Dave Chappelle in 'The Closer'

| CREDIT: MATHIEU BITTON/NETFLIX

The PGA Awards deemed the special as one of the best-produced projects of 2021 among its Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment, Variety, Sketch, Standup & Talk Television category after Chappelle drew ire from LGBTQ leaders.

ADVERTISING

"Dave stands by his Art. Both sides of the street are talking and Dave is listening," Chappelle's rep previously told PEOPLE after the star endured intense backlash for his comments, which even prompted several Netflix employees to stage a walkout. "At some point, when everyone is open, I'm sure our communities will come together."

Other popular TV projects like HBO's Succession, Netflix's Squid Game, VH1's RuPaul's Drag Race, and Disney+'s WandaVision hit big among the PGA Awards nominations list, while steadfast film contenders in the Oscars race showed up as well, including Dune, West Side Story, Belfast, The Power of the Dog, CODA, Don't Look Up, Licorice Pizza, Tick, Tick... Boom!, King Richard, and surprise nominee Being the Ricardos.

The 2022 PGA Awards nominations include 'Dune,' 'Succession, and 'West Side Story.'

| CREDIT: CHIABELLA JAMES/WARNER BROS.; MACALL POLAY/HBO; NIKO TAVERNISE/20TH CENTURY STUDIOS
As previously announced, West Side Story actress Rita Moreno, filmmaker George Lucas, prolific producer Kathleen Kennedy, and former Universal president Mary Parent will receive individual honors at the 33rd PGA ceremony.

Made up of roughly 7,000 film, TV, and new media producers, the PGA is — next to the Directors Guild of America and the Screen Actors Guild — considered to be one of the most influential and precursor voting bodies on the awards trail, with many of the PGA's members spilling over into the Academy's ranks.

The two groups' tastes routinely align. Since the PGA's first ceremony recognizing films released in 1989, all of the PGA's Best Theatrical Motion Picture winners have gone on to either win (22 titles, including last year's Nomadland) or be nominated (the remaining 11) for the Academy Award for Best Picture — including the 2013 Sandra Bullock blockbuster Gravity, which tied with eventual Best Picture winner 12 Years a Slave in 2014.
On top of sharing membership, the PGA has a similar voting method to the Academy's, as it has adopted the preferential ballot system. Since the Academy and the PGA both expanded their respective number of nomination slots in 2009, the PGA has typically recognized between seven and nine movies each year that end up competing among the Academy's Best Picture set.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^
Low key one of the best points made in here

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

Netflix is staying in the Dave Chappelle business with Chappelle's Home Team stand-up series

The controversial comic is producing four new comedy specials featuring performers he handpicked.

By Tyler AquilinaFebruary 18, 2022 at 04:32 PM EST

Netflix is quadrupling down on Dave Chappelle.
The controversial comedian will executive-produce a new series of stand-up comedy specials for the streaming service, featuring performers handpicked by Chappelle. The series will kick off with specials from comedians Earthquake and Donnell Rawlings, with the others to be announced at a later date.

"I've been doing this a long time and comedians like Quake and Donnell are not only friends but have inspired my own career," Chappelle said in a statement Friday. "Anyone in the comedy community knows these names and knows their time to shine is long overdue. I am proud to be a part of this moment." (You can see Chappelle announce the series alongside Earthquake in the video above.)

Earthquake's special, Legendary, will arrive Feb. 28. In it, the comedian will address such topics as "health as wealth, prostate exams, and disciplining kids," according to a news release. The title and release date for Rawlings' special have yet to be announced.

The news follows intense controversy last year over what was billed as the final chapter of Chappelle's Netflix specials, The Closer. In the special, the comedian again made numerous derogatory remarks about transgender people and spoke angrily about the response to his past jokes on the subject. A group of Netflix employees staged a walkout in protest of the special in October, and some called for the streamer to remove it.

Netflix co-CEO Ted Sarandos, however, defended the special in two separate memos to staff, stating that "content on screen doesn't directly translate to real-world harm," though he later said he had "screwed up those communications."
Chappelle, for his part, said through a representative that he was "listening" to "both sides of the street," and that "At some point, when everyone is open, I'm sure our communities will come together."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

Z2rL43.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
does this cross a line?

@1:58

No but if you familiar with his style of comedy there was nothing surprising

It was funny.

But if you not familiar with Cross or like that particular style of comedy I could understand damn near every thing he said after his opening joke was offensive to a lot of people

Which was the whole point.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It wasn’t funny.

Substitute the word nigga with any other slur and it still wouldn’t have been funny.

It sounds like he just wanted a reason to say nigga.

All this is subjective

Not the specific line but the set up and punches were funny for the premise of the joke

And the idea how horrible Americans are

I was a little surprised he went there buy again I'm very familiar with his brand of comedy.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Wtf???!!!

He's a habitual stabber. Attempted murder on a roommate and next attempts to tackle and slash Dave Chappelle.

"Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón announced Thursday that his office had filed an attempted murder charge against Isaiah Lee, 23, for allegedly stabbing his roommate at a transitional housing apartment during a fight in December. Gascón credited the attention surrounding the Chappelle attack with identifying Lee in the other case."

I wonder what this dispute with the roommate was over :idea:

Lover's quarrel? :oops: :lol:

But seriously, it will all come out in the wash.

Last edited:

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member