New Dave Chappelle Special” The Closer” October 5th

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Memo: HR style meeting today. An LGBT person didn’t like something that was said in their presence. Not to them, they overhead. Word is someone did the gay guy voice (extra hissing) and may get fired. It was also hinted through the grapevine that we may be asked to stop saying “Ladies & Gentlemen” when addressing a room. Trans have been saying it’s excluding those who dont identify as either or are unsure. :smh: It’s over for society. No coming back from this.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Memo: HR style meeting today. An LGBT person didn’t like something that was said in their presence. Not to them, they overhead. Word is someone did the gay guy voice (extra hissing) and may get fired. It was also hinted through the grapevine that we may be asked to stop saying “Ladies & Gentlemen” when addressing a room. Trans have been saying it’s excluding those who dont identify as either or are unsure. :smh: It’s over for society. No coming back from this.

:roflmao:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
:smh: Now the cool kids are saying Dave Chappelle had 'mixed' reactions at this old high school and kids called him childish. Once folks run afoul of the rainbow hipsters, the fuckery never stops. 2 fucking kids gave him shit in the Q&A and the entire thing is then labeled 'mixed reactions.' :hmm:

They are going to keep trying to punish him. MSM is full of shit and is basically a propaganda arm for these folks. He is getting the JK Rowling treatment.

I used to not even care about these folks. Live let live. But now I am starting to hate them and anyone who enables this intolerant bullshit.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I knew this fucking idiot would say something stupid....

Black people are not disassociating the gay community.

Black people don't have no type of privileges.

Let me get this straight it's okay to joke about Black people but no okay to joke about gay people. Other communities can joke about us but we can't make fun of other communities. Gary Owens made a fucking career making fun of black people... :smh:

To say,we don't feel for other communities is even more ridiculous...lol

Yeah,a false equivalency that the gay community gets what they want but when black people ask for something like reparations,hold white supremacists accountable, better health care and etc. We get told to stop crying and vote for a political group that doesn't do nothing for us.

Chappelle was very specific in his special. He said the problem was white people. To say you can't talk about the gay community without black people is retarded. Especially,when Chappelle was very specific...lol

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I hate when people try to make black people particular black men be the face of the anti-gay movement when you have white people making anti-gay laws....

It's funny,how all these people that's sticking up for the gay community says nothing about the racism that goes on. Hell,most of them didn't say a fucking word when Ed Buck had two gay black men in his house but want to say something about Chappelle...

I've said this many times,the gay community now would hate James Baldwin because he always put his people first ahead of his sexual orientation.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

Dave Chappelle Set for ‘Netflix Is a Joke Festival’ After Being ‘Cancelled’
Larisha Paul
Mon, December 6, 2021, 1:09 PM·2 min read

Netflix has announced that Dave Chappelle will be headlining a show at the Hollywood Bowl next year as part of the Netflix Is a Joke Festival, an 11-day comedy fest with over 130 artists performing at 25 venues across Los Angeles from April 28 through May 8.

The event marks the comedian’s latest partnership with the streaming service since September’s controversial stand-up special The Closer, which sparked walkouts and internal turmoil at Netflix over what many said were transphobic jokes — and earned the support of the likes of Joe Rogan.

Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos responded to the special’s fallout by admitting to fumbling communication within a leaked staff memo where he wrote that Chappelle’s “content on screen doesn’t directly translate to real-world harm.” He says he should have led with “more humanity,” although he stands by the special as being essentially harmless.

On the same festival lineup that offers Chappelle a prime slot is the Greek Theatre-hosted STAND OUT: An LGBTQ+ Celebration with Bob the Drag Queen, Eddie Izzard, Fortune Feimster, Gina Yashere, Guy Branum, James Adomian, Joel Kim Booster, Judy Gold, Mae Martin, Margaret Cho, Marsha Warfield, Matteo Lane, Patti Harrison, River Butcher, Sam Jay, Sandra Bernhard, Scott Thompson, Solomon Georgio, Tig Notaro, Trixie Mattel, Wanda Sykes and more.

The schedule for the event is mostly finalized, with additional show details from select performers awaiting confirmation to be announced ahead of the festival. Some shows will be recorded and released on Netflix in full at a later date; Chappelle’s will not be recorded.

Back in October, Chappelle made a return to the stage with none other than Rogan for a sold-out arena show in New Orleans. During the set, the comedian cracked jokes about cancellation and “PC culture,” receiving a standing ovation from a crowd of 17,000 fans. Between the individual scale of his own shows and his work with Netflix, the funniest joke may be expecting any accountability to come with the notion of being cancelled.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

‘He Will End Up Canceling Himself If He Feels Like Nobody Can Cancel Him’: Cedric the Entertainer Weighs In on Dave Chappelle and Cancel Culture

Cedric The Entertainercautions Dave Chappelle that his response to the scrutiny he’s facing for controversial LGBTQ comments he made during his latest Netflix standup special, “The Closer,” might not be the best approach in the long run.

During a recent appearance on “The Domenick Nati Show,” the 57-year-old was asked his thoughts on the “Half Baked” star and his battle against cancel culture, to which Cedric said Chappelle may very well cancel himself if others don’t do it first.

“I think that you just gotta be watching. Once you feel you’re un-cancellable, and you think that that’s what you’re fighting for, that’s the wrong approach to take to say something that you really wanna say,” the funnyman explained. “Not in the sense that ‘Oh, can’t nobody cancel me, so I’mma say what I wanna say.’ You can find out. People will cancel your ass.”

Elsewhere, the “Johnson Family Vacation” star reiterated how Chappelle “will end up canceling himself if he feels like nobody can cancel him.”

Cedric said if the Grammy keeps up his seemingly nonchalant attitude towards the severe backlash he’s facing over what some are calling his transphobia, he will reach a certain point where “you end up getting in people’s head in a way to where they turn you off.”

“And it ain’t so much about everybody else turning you off,” the veteran comedian noted. “It’s people just deciding like ‘Dog, if you think you’re bigger and better than everybody, and you literally start believing that, then people start to go like, ‘Well, f- -k you.’”

Yet, Cedric faced his own criticisms almost immediately after the interview was posted.

Many people in the comments section of a YouTube post of the clip called out Cedric for what they they saw as slamming Chappelle and later praising Louis C.K. when asked if the controversial white comedian should be re-embraced following several scandals, including allegations of sexual misconduct.

:idea:

“Notice after taking shots at Dave, Cedric The Hater turns right around next topic at 1:24 and praises Louie CK, calls him a great comedian, and that he should be forgiven. Where is this empathy for Dave?” questioned one user.

Another commented, “Cedric should have never said what he said. Obviously, Cedric feels a certain way about Dave’s dominance in comedy right now, a dominance he earned by being courageous. Hey Cedric, Dave is the biggest and best comedian right now.”

:idea:

@largebillsonlyplease @ViCiouS

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So ummmm anyone got a link to Dave’s movie?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f447232496e573930374871626d773d3d2d3730303233313236392e313538366433613536393335653462343334393938353937323135322e676966

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

@ViCiouS @largebillsonlyplease

Hmmmmmm

I do not know if you can pull this off as a friend.
he said he disagrees with dave on trans rights... I don't ever remember dave saying the trans community shouldn't have any rights.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Did he have to do so publicly?

What did you think of his reasoning?

He deleted negative comments on the post too...

I don't know it just seems very muddled.

His reasoning is whatever
it comes down to public appearance he can't appear to be aligned with the views so he said what he said.

I don't like the disassociation people try and put on folks
its his friend he can be friends with him

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
His reasoning is whatever
it comes down to public appearance he can't appear to be aligned with the views so he said what he said.

I don't like the disassociation people try and put on folks
its his friend he can be friends with him

I completely agree with that part.

It just seemed for someone that many consider a wordsmith?

That response was just all over the place.

And I think the actual scattershot mea culpa probably pissed off the exact people he was trying to NOT offend.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I completely agree with that part.

It just seemed for someone that many consider a wordsmith?

That response was just all over the place.

And I think the actual scattershot mea culpa probably pissed off the exact people he was trying to NOT offend.

It should've been short.
This has been my friend for 34 years we haven't always agreed on everything and I don't agree with him on this.
I'll continue to express my disagreement to him while remaining friends because not offering alternative viewpoints won't help with changing views on issues.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It should've been short.
This has been my friend for 34 years we haven't always agreed on everything and I don't agree with him on this.
I'll continue to express my disagreement to him while remaining friends because not offering alternative viewpoints won't help with changing views on issues.
even shorter and truly candid:

"mind ya business"
or
"kiss my ass"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It should've been short.

Good gawd cuz.

you realize you were able to be more sincere succinct direct and fair minded than a seasoned award winning comedic veteran?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think some time in the future dave will walk back SOME of things he said about trans people.....not everything but somethings

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Really bitch?

I tried to read it with open ears and to give an honest listen to her viewpoint.

The title alone should make no person with common sense read it, but I tried.

I made it up until she used the Ray Rice joke as an example.

I don’t think a person could get Dave and his viewpoints more wrong if they tried. She’s truly an embarrassment and what’s makes it so sad, it’s that many are just as lost as her when it comes to Chappelle and his jokes and viewpoint. :smh: