New 2nd Stimulus Package Updates

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you think it is weird that the nations capital is not in any state in the united states?

The capital is definately a part of the United States.

QUOTE="Mrfreddygoodbud, post: 21502479, member: 20117"]
what da hell is this gibberish... ok lets bypass this feeble

attempt at serving red herrings just to avoid fact you dont want to deal with..

serious question tho, you dont think its weird that our nations capital is not part of the united states???
[/QUOTE]

Really??

who told you that??

Its not part of any state bruh, weve been dumbded

down in the nation, to not realize the whole govt is

corrupt and criminal...

Our republic was stolen in place of a democracy,

and that democracy was taken over. and if you even talk

about it

they mind fucked the public into categorizing people

who understand civics, as conspiracy theorist.

when they simpy understand how goverments work

to tell when one is criminal and when one is not.

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro. I am asking questions so I don't go assuming. However you aren't trying to answer the questions so we can have a dialogue.

I do not understand where you are going with this.

Washington DC is not one of the 50 states. However it is definitely a part of the United States. It is a territory.

If you want to know WHY. I can tell you but it seems like you already know why.

What is your point about it? Why is it weird to you? You said it was weird.

Really??

who told you that??
[/QUOTE]

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Kinda get what you are saying but none of us are involved in making this decision. You know that right?

So who played themselves? No matter what we are getting played.

Some people voted these people in office and they are making these decisions for all of us no matter what we think about.

So your post is just confusing.
Yes, "these people" make decisions for us. However, many on this board 100% supported their actions and decision making despite how illogical.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Really??

who told you that??

Its not part of any state bruh, weve been dumbded

down in the nation, to not realize the whole govt is

corrupt and criminal...

Our republic was stolen in place of a democracy,

and that democracy was taken over. and if you even talk

about it

they mind fucked the public into categorizing people

who understand civics, as conspiracy theorist.

when they simpy understand how goverments work

to tell when one is criminal and when one is not.
[/QUOTE]

Oh its a terroritory, so its located IN the united states

but its NOT a part of the united states and yet its that capital of the united states.. bruh u dont find

that fuckin weird...weird enough to question??

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You get what I am saying though?

But ok. You being super hypothetical to make a point. I will let you have that.

But they didn't play themselves because they had no influence in the matter.

Yes, "these people" make decisions for us. However, many on this board 100% supported their actions and decision making despite how illogical.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My brother, if the vaccine is released and administered, the stimulus is a wrap. GOP majority or not.

People really need to start coming to terms with this and figuring out their next moves.

Getting a new job.
Getting retrained.
Getting an education.

All are realistic options.
Dude, FOH with that B.S. You act like people haven't spent years in their CAREERS. Not everybody is/was a fry cook at a burger joint. When things shut down, it shut down whole industries. You're trying to flip this B.S. back onto the people when its the fucktards in Washington screwing everything up? Come on, man. This has been a direct shot to the middle class as well as the poor. There are people with decades invested in their careers and they are supposed to start over?
The vaccines are around the corner. If...and its a big if, but IF Georgia pulls off a democratic win, the republicans will be powerless. Do you really think Nancy is just gonna sit back and not pass anything or do you thing she will take that opportunity to try to look like a savior?
I already know what the answer is. She'll be tossing money like :money:
There's no way in hell she would skip out on the opportunity to rub Mitch's nose in it. She doesn't care about the people but she does care about shitting on Mitch McConnell. We can count on that.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Same shitty deal they offered before - underfunded non-retroactive UE, 5 year protection against lawsuits directly OR INDIRECTLY related to covid, and NO STIMULUS CHECKS attached.
That shit ain't going nowhere.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Same shitty deal they offered before - underfunded non-retroactive UE, 5 year protection against lawsuits directly OR INDIRECTLY related to covid, and NO STIMULUS CHECKS attached.
That shit ain't going nowhere.

Here's McConnel's new offer, he just released. it doesn't even go a quarter of the way the "bipartisan" deal.

- no state & local aid; - only 1 additional month in PUA & PEUC for jobless Americans; - no additional stimulus checks; - Sen. Cornyny's proposed liability shield; - no money for transit agencies

just fucking garbage, man

Niggas love talking shit about Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell doesn't get anywhere near the amount of smoke she does.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
IF Georgia pulls off a democratic win, the republicans will be powerless. Do you really think Nancy is just gonna sit back and not pass anything or do you thing she will take that opportunity to try to look like a savior?
There's no way in hell she would skip out on the opportunity to rub Mitch's nose in it. She doesn't care about the people but she does care about shitting on Mitch McConnell. We can count on that.

I hear ya but damn. Since Pelosi is playing the long game and wants a bigger deal..
It'll be Feburary before those Dem Senators (if they win) are seated and President Biden starts to do anything.

That's a LONG time to wait if your hurtin. :(

Last edited:

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hear ya but damn. Since Pelosi is playing the long game and wants a bigger deal..
It'll be Feburary before those Dem Senators (if they win) are seated and President Biden starts to do anything.

That's a LONG time to wait if your hurtin. :(
It is. Its fucked up. I'm sure there are people that go to bed at night and pray that Mitch and Nancy don't wake up in the morning.
I think they both need to be removed. If they were out of the way, something could get done. Unfortunately, the Dems willing to play ball are the weak ones who will say "how high" when republican Senators say jump. There is a deal to be made in there but every economist in the country is saying that it has to be substantial. These politicians ignore math when it comes to the economy and ignore science when it comes to the pandemic and the environment. If this were France, they would all look like Gaddafi on his last day. The problem is America is too concerned with bullshit in-fighting to put these politicians in check.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
It is. Its fucked up. I'm sure there are people that go to bed at night and pray that Mitch and Nancy don't wake up in the morning.
I think they both need to be removed. If they were out of the way, something could get done. Unfortunately, the Dems willing to play ball are the weak ones who will say "how high" when republican Senators say jump. There is a deal to be made in there but every economist in the country is saying that it has to be substantial. These politicians ignore math when it comes to the economy and ignore science when it comes to the pandemic and the environment. If this were France, they would all look like Gaddafi on his last day. The problem is America is too concerned with bullshit in-fighting to put these politicians in check.
Amen. Along with a hand full of other politicians.
Dude, FOH with that B.S. You act like people haven't spent years in their CAREERS. Not everybody is/was a fry cook at a burger joint. When things shut down, it shut down whole industries. You're trying to flip this B.S. back onto the people when its the fucktards in Washington screwing everything up? Come on, man. This has been a direct shot to the middle class as well as the poor. There are people with decades invested in their careers and they are supposed to start over?
The vaccines are around the corner. If...and its a big if, but IF Georgia pulls off a democratic win, the republicans will be powerless. Do you really think Nancy is just gonna sit back and not pass anything or do you thing she will take that opportunity to try to look like a savior?
My brother, I fully understand that many have lost their careers. But, the fact remains, people have to figure out their next moves and not wait on government to save them.

I have two really good friends who lost their job due to the pandemic. I convinced them to enroll at the community college into the EMT program. Using the Pell Grant, they paid nothing out of pocket. The program is only a few weeks, he finished and started working immediately making $40 hour.

There are plenty of opportunities. People have to tighten up and make it happen.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member

My brother, I fully understand that many have lost their careers. But, the fact remains, people have to figure out their next moves and not wait on government to save them.

I have two really good friends who lost their job due to the pandemic. I convinced them to enroll at the community college into the EMT program. Using the Pell Grant, they paid nothing out of pocket. The program is only a few weeks, he finished and started working immediately making $40 hour.

There are plenty of opportunities. People have to tighten up and make it happen.
I agree that people have to do whatever they have to do to eat and keep the heat on.
I don't know about your state but mine is shut down. There are more people out of work than there are jobs.
Its not good.
If this keeps up, it won't be safe, either.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Here's McConnel's new offer, he just released. it doesn't even go a quarter of the way the "bipartisan" deal.

- no state & local aid; - only 1 additional month in PUA & PEUC for jobless Americans; - no additional stimulus checks; - Sen. Cornyny's proposed liability shield; - no money for transit agencies

just fucking garbage, man

Niggas love talking shit about Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell doesn't get anywhere near the amount of smoke she does.

The crazy thing is that both the republicans and democrats wrote this proposal.

No $1200 check
No weekly bonus unemployment pay

But, those currently on unemployment or who had benefits expire will be able to have their regular benefits extended.

illlit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What city is that in? That's definitely not my city...
EMT Basic jobs pay a year? ... with top earners (90th percentile) making $40,435 annually in Chicago. That's basically $17 to $19 an hr here.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
What city is that in? That's definitely not my city...
EMT Basic jobs pay a year? ... with top earners (90th percentile) making $40,435 annually in Chicago. That's basically $17 to $19 an hr here.
Yep, you are correct. It's $40k a year. This is still great. Especially with only a few weeks of training and coming from being unemployed. They both get all the overtime they want.

Against my advice, one of them just bought a 2018 Charger.

:hithead:

Additionally, I'm helping a few people get into ADN nursing programs. ADN and BSN both allow candidates to become RNs. The ADN is two years the BSN is 4. The pay is the same at 90% of health systems, including mine.

There are a couple of hybrid ADN programs where you can do the coursework online and only need to show up for clinicals.

One of the most needed jobs is auto mechanic. In the US, you can do a 6 month online course take the test and get certified. Afterwards, you can work full-time if you are comfortable or do an apprenticeship to get more comfortable. Either way, you get paid good money.

Lots of options out there. People just have to break out of their comfort zone and do what needs to be done.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And if one of them didn't want to be an EMT? then what?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
And if one of them didn't want to be an EMT? then what?
There are several other options. When I advise people on careers, I also ask, "what do you like to do?" "What professions do you respect?" "What type of lifestyle do you want to live?" "How much time do you want to spend getting to your goal?" "How much education do you currently have?" "Did you struggle with math and science in high school?" Etc.

Admittedly, I am partial to STEM and healthcare professions. I am also pragmatic. Sometimes you need to do what needs to get done to survive.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are several other options. When I advise people on careers, I also ask, "what do you like to do?" "What professions do you respect?" "What type of lifestyle do you want to live?" "How much time do you want to spend getting to your goal?" "How much education do you currently have?" "Did you struggle with math and science in high school?" Etc.

Admittedly, I am partial to STEM and healthcare professions. I am also pragmatic. Sometimes you need to do what needs to get done to survive.
EMT, Nursing, Police, Firefighte, etc...careers like these are dealing with people under extreme stress and at their absolute most vulnerable. People should take those jobs and careers because they truly want to help people not because they need a job. I'm sure most people don't want to leave a loved one in the care of someone who's just doing it because they need they money.

You can do that with a street sweeper or burger fryer or some kind of service job like that...not taking care of elderly people or seriously ill or handicapped who need help.

I've had personal episodes with that with my mother who suffered from severe dementia and had nursing care and I ended up taking care of her myself because I didn't trust it.

Encouraging people take those kinds of jobs just for the check isn't the best advice homie.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
EMT, Nursing, Police, Firefighte, etc...careers like these are dealing with people under extreme stress and at their absolute most vulnerable. People should take those jobs and careers because they truly want to help people not because they need a job. I'm sure most people don't want to leave a loved one in the care of someone who's just doing it because they need they money.

You can do that with a street sweeper or burger fryer or some kind of service job like that...not taking care of elderly people or seriously ill or handicapped who need help.

I've had personal episodes with that with my mother who suffered from severe dementia and had nursing care and I ended up taking care of her myself because I didn't trust it.

Encouraging people take those kinds of jobs just for the check isn't the best advice homie.
Brother, literally the first question I shared that I ask is "what do you like to do?" "What professions do you respect?"

Additionally, I do feel that we need to "push" more of our people into these fields. Our kids shouldn't have the option to major in nothing but STEM.

Right now, it's eat or starve. If I can direct a brother or sister to a profession that will change their life, I will. Because many times, it's far better than the alternative.

Lastly, here is a sad truth, many people in healthcare, particularly physicians and nurses hate their job and do it because of the money.

I know too many nurses and physicians that I personally had to reprimand for being jerks to patients. Healthcare is far from what it seems.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brother, literally the first question I shared that I ask is "what do you like to do?" "What professions do you respect?"

Additionally, I do feel that we need to "push" more of our people into these fields. Our kids shouldn't have the option to major in nothing but STEM.

Right now, it's eat or starve. If I can direct a brother or sister to a profession that will change their life, I will. Because many times, it's far better than the alternative.

Lastly, here is a sad truth, many people in healthcare, particularly physicians and nurses hate their job and do it because of the money.

I know too many nurses and physicians that I personally had to reprimand for being jerks to patients. Healthcare is far from what it seems.
this is why the black community doesn't trust people in these fields. Eat or starve isn't a good enough excuse when its you or you loved one in the hot seat of that shit.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
this is why the black community doesn't trust people in these fields. Eat or starve isn't a good enough excuse when its you or you loved one in the hot seat of that shit.
I would argue that there are several other reasons why the black community has a distrust of healthcare, science, and research.

I am truly sorry you and your family had to endure unprofessional behavior of the home health aide.

Nonetheless, I still believe that black folk need to enter these fields without any hesitation.

illlit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep, you are correct. It's $40k a year. This is still great. Especially with only a few weeks of training and coming from being unemployed. They both get all the overtime they want.

Against my advice, one of them just bought a 2018 Charger.

:hithead:

Additionally, I'm helping a few people get into ADN nursing programs. ADN and BSN both allow candidates to become RNs. The ADN is two years the BSN is 4. The pay is the same at 90% of health systems, including mine.

There are a couple of hybrid ADN programs where you can do the coursework online and only need to show up for clinicals.

One of the most needed jobs is auto mechanic. In the US, you can do a 6 month online course take the test and get certified. Afterwards, you can work full-time if you are comfortable or do an apprenticeship to get more comfortable. Either way, you get paid good money.

Lots of options out there. People just have to break out of their comfort zone and do what needs to be done.

I find myself in the same boat after loosing my job back in late July. I've had at least 8 interviews from August to Oct and none of them have called me back then everything went dry since mid Oct ...the sad part is all of the interviewers stated I was exactly what they're looking for.
The jobless market is so oversaturated that people are taking jobs at lower wages making a person like myself worth $60k to $80k of what I would normally get lose out to someone asking for waaaaay less like $35k to $40k.
So now I'm studying to take the C++ so I can get a Desktop support gig. At least I know starting out I can make $55k to $65k and work my way up to $100k through promotions while doing something not so demanding and will allow freedom at the same time. I have to make something happen quick. My unemployment runs out in mid January and my lease is up in Feb! It's about to get really real really fast. I do not want to dip in the 401K
I rather buy a brick with that if I have too.

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I find myself in the same boat after loosing my job back in late July. I've had at least 8 interviews from August to Oct and none of them have called me back then everything went dry since mid Oct ...the sad part is all of the interviewers stated I was exactly what they're looking for.
The jobless market is so oversaturated that people are taking jobs at lower wages making a person like myself worth $60k to $80k of what I would normally get lose out to someone asking for waaaaay less like $35k to $40k.
So now I'm studying to take the C++ so I can get a Desktop support gig. At least I know starting out I can make $55k to $65k and work my way up to $100k through promotions while doing something not so demanding and will allow freedom at the same time. I have to make something happen quick. My unemployment runs out in mid January and my lease is up in Feb! It's about to get really real really fast. I do not want to dip in the 401K

definitely up your game bruh you doin the right thing,

waaay too much free info out there for you to be

able to get all them certs, sheeeet you can get shitloads

of info right here on this site, too many bruhs will be willing

to answer any questions you may have...

get them certs bruh shit is changing so fast that, if you dont

catch up, its gonna leave you behind...

they got these young heads taking up computer science

before they even get to high school,

back in my day that shit was for honor students and college courses only..

its a different world fo real, and kniggas gotta be ready

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
So these folks rush a vaccine so they don’t have to give out money...
I guess Da Boot gonna have Mardi Gras after all
Ain't that some shit. :smh:

ZLAtJI.jpg

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
You are on the right track. Keep applying. Set a goal of a number of applications to submit. Increase your travel distance. Consider applying for slightly lower jobs with companies you are interested in. Once hired, go speak with HR about other available positions. It's always easier to get a job internally. Always!!

Here's a jewel I share with me mentors. Reach out to the people that you interviewed with. Ask them if them could share some things that would make you a stronger candidate. It may be somethings in your interviews that you have said that you didn't realize. Not always the case though.

Answer the salary question with "I'm confident that you company will compensate me fairly based upon my experience and qualifications."

Since you have coding experience, I strongly suggest you strengthen your analytic skills. This is in high demand. These jobs also allow you to work remotely in many cases.

Tools such as SAS, SPSS, Python, Tableau, advanced Excel with visuals and SQL are a few of the key tools some hiring managers are looking for.

Lastly, if you like me to look over your resume, I would do so. The formatting of your resume is super important as well.

Good luck bro. Keep trying and do not quit.

Last edited:

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad to hear, but a reminder..

In October, President Donald Trump's negotiators raised their compromise offer to $1.8 trillion after House Democrats had approved a $2.2 trillion package. But Pelosi opposed the White House compromise, arguing that it did not go far enough and that the language regarding the government health care response to the pandemic was not sufficient.

--- Those negotiations resulted in a stalemate. ---
https://www.newsweek.com/pelosi-now...t-white-house-offered-before-election-1551890

----------------

In a Wednesday statement with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she supports a $908 billion economic relief measure presented by a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Tuesday. The bipartisan bill is roughly half the amount offered by the White House during negotiations with Pelosi before the election.

Last edited:

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member

In October, President Donald Trump's negotiators raised their compromise offer to $1.8 trillion after House Democrats had approved a $2.2 trillion package. But Pelosi opposed the White House compromise, arguing that it did not go far enough and that the language regarding the government health care response to the pandemic was not sufficient.

https://www.newsweek.com/pelosi-now...t-white-house-offered-before-election-1551890

----------------

In a Wednesday statement with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she supports a $908 billion economic relief measure presented by a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Tuesday. The bipartisan bill is roughly half the amount offered by the White House during negotiations with Pelosi before the election.
Fuck that $1.8B if Trump stayed in office. She made the right move.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered

----------------

Lol the master negotiator

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lol the master negotiator
So you are down with McConnell and in favor of less money for the people and no direct stimulus payments? Yes?

At this point, people may as well forget about it until after the Georgia election. Once Georgia is blue, the Dems can write big checks without McConnell and Co. blocking them and maybe it will save some people or at least give them a new start.
There are only 8 more days left until the House goes on VACATION for the year. Senate will make sure nothing gets done before then.
This may very well be the biggest hustle the government has pulled on the people this century.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They say the have been working day and night "for the people" :rolleyes:
Remember that in the eyes of the law, corporations are "people", so technically, they are not lying.