New 2nd Stimulus Package Updates

wedrinkandscrew

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad to hear, but a reminder..

In October, President Donald Trump's negotiators raised their compromise offer to $1.8 trillion after House Democrats had approved a $2.2 trillion package. But Pelosi opposed the White House compromise, arguing that it did not go far enough and that the language regarding the government health care response to the pandemic was not sufficient.

--- Those negotiations resulted in a stalemate. ---
https://www.newsweek.com/pelosi-now...t-white-house-offered-before-election-1551890

----------------

In a Wednesday statement with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she supports a $908 billion economic relief measure presented by a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Tuesday. The bipartisan bill is roughly half the amount offered by the White House during negotiations with Pelosi before the election.
In October it was looking like a Blue Tsunami was bout to happen...Nancy is actually in a way weaker position now. Now if Georgia turn blue, then its game on, but I think thats a long shot. You already got over 300 million pouring in and I bet most of that is republican $$.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bipartisan means it comes from a Democrat who has voted with Trump more often than he has voted against him.

Democratic Leaders Embrace Bipartisan COVID-19 Relief Deal Framework
For the first time in months, top lawmakers seem to be in a compromising mood.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Congress should craft its next response to the coronavirus pandemic based on the framework that a bipartisan working group unveiled Tuesday.

The Democratic leaders said in a joint statement Wednesday that “in the spirit of compromise we believe the bipartisan framework introduced by senators yesterday should be used as the basis for immediate bipartisan, bicameral negotiations.”

That proposal, crafted by a group of moderates and centrists like Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Mitt Romney (R-Utah), would provide hundreds of billions for state budget gaps, enhanced unemployment benefits and support for small businesses. The rough outline also called for tens of billions for renters, nutrition assistance and vaccine development.

The state aid is more than most Senate Republicans have been willing to accept, but the framework also includes a temporary ban on coronavirus-related lawsuits, an issue that has been their top priority. The liability component is one of the major obstacles to a deal because of opposition from Democrats and the labor community.
“Of course, we and others will offer improvements, but the need to act is immediate and we believe that with good-faith negotiations we could come to an agreement,” the Democrats said in their joint statement. “With the imminent availability of the vaccine, it is important for there to be additional funding for distribution to take the vaccine to vaccination.”

Manchin said Wednesday that Schumer had been very receptive to the framework. “He said, ‘Guys try to make something work,’” Manchin said.

Both Manchin and Romney told HuffPost on Wednesday they hadn’t heard from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who quickly released his own slimmed-down version of a coronavirus relief package on Tuesday after the ad-hoc group of senators debuted theirs.

More than 10 Senate Republicans had endorsed the bipartisan framework since Tuesday, Manchin said. “I think enough of his colleagues on his side of his caucus have seen the need,” he said of McConnell.

McConnell declined to answer questions from reporters about the bipartisan proposal on Tuesday. Earlier in the day, in a speech on the Senate floor, the Kentucky Republican acknowledged Democrats’ “new willingness to engage in good faith.” But he seemed to throw cold water on the bipartisan proposal by saying that a deal will require the signature of President Donald Trump, who had endorsed McConnell’s slimmer bill.

Romney, meanwhile, noted that bipartisan support is needed to get across the finish line.

“There are messaging bills and then there are bills that can actually pass …anything else that can’t pass is obviously an important message but not something that will change the lives of Americans,” he said when asked about McConnell’s slimmed-down package.

Democrats have pushed to reauthorize unemployment programs expiring this month and also to restore a $600 weekly supplement that expired in July after Congress created it in March to help laid-off workers survive the pandemic. The bipartisan bill would bring back the federal supplement, but at $300 instead of $600.

Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), the Democratic author of the pandemic unemployment programs, hailed the compromise but said that despite an agreement on a dollar figure for supplemental benefits, there will be a lot of other provisions to sort out.

“For example, there are several pieces to address on unemployment benefits: reinstating a weekly boost, extending the additional weeks of benefits and program for gig and freelance workers, and ensuring workers experiencing long-term unemployment remain eligible for benefits,” Wyden said. He added that McConnell’s latest bill offered stingier benefits and that the majority leader will likely be a “roadblock” to a final agreement.

Unlike the earlier Democratic proposals, the compromise bill omits another round of direct payments to households.

Lawmakers are working on an extremely tight deadline. They must pass a bill by Dec. 11 to avoid a partial shutdown of the federal government. They also face the expiration of key coronavirus relief programs at the end of the month, including federal unemployment programs supporting 12 million workers.

Some members on both sides of the aisle are hoping to tie McConnell’s bill and the bipartisan bill together, along with another stimulus measure, in a massive funding package before Congress adjourns for the year. But with party leaders still not on the same page and no legislative text drafted for either proposal, they’ll need a miracle to get it to Trump’s desk in time.

Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) said Democrats were previously unreasonable.

“They’ve gotten reasonable and I think that could help us get to a solution,” Thune said. “I think there’s still time — although it’s short — to put a deal together.”

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the fact that lil steve munchkin or whatever the fuck his name is, could be soo fuckin arrogant.

is because that pussy KNOWS anybody with any political

power that could do anything to him is pussy to..

if real men ran that show...

they wouldve just kick that lil faggot in his chest and send

him to the store...

the bankers got real people speakin for them.

we just get fucking actors, anybody that would really

fight for the people would never make it to capital hill...

banks and air lines always get their bail out..

but the people always have to fuckin wait...

first we must audit the IRS..

I bet once we see how much they literally parasite off

the people.. we wont even need a bail out..

just take that fuckin money back....

there is something to unify for...

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
They bullshittin'.
I hope those in need can hang on until February.
Nothing is gonna get done this week.
They are still barking the same talking points they have been doing since July.
These two old coots need to be taken out back.
I disagree about February. Shit is toast if nothing is done now. Now they expect 100 million to be vaccinated by February. Any fucking money given out now should be seen as a win. Period.

Funny that those of us who said Pelosi was either playing politics OR just out-of-touch were proven right yesterday when they agreed that 900 fucking million was a starting point and that the bill they sent over was 1.2 trillion. All the fanboy apologists around here can stfu. Americans a special kind of stupid allowing her to play pretend. They also a special kind of stupid voting for these GOP politicians after the GOP showed from July to Nov just how much they hate citizens.

Mitch is just a special kind of evil. Swear people who voted for him should be purged from reality. Cocksucker Mitch wasn't even responding to people about this yesterday. Crazy that one guy from a piece of shit state is fucking over millions of people.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
that bipartisan $900 billion bill won't even get close to passing.
the main reason is because it doesnt include any money in the form of stimulus checks for out of work people.

Don't doubt it.

The Senate will pass their version soon. Pelosi said yesterday that the house is drafting their version based off of the Senate Bill.

According to congress, the public does not need direct payments anymore. So that is a wrap. Right now, it's all about protection for businesses.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't doubt it.

The Senate will pass their version soon. Pelosi said yesterday that the house is drafting their version based off of the Senate Bill.

According to congress, the public does not need direct payments anymore. So that is a wrap. Right now, it's all about protection for businesses.
shit still not gonna get passed until after Jan. 20th
they might try to add bits and pieces to the bill that is due in a couple weeks to prevent a govt shutdown,
but i think that it might hit a brick wall as well with Trump's veto threats for the shit he's throwing a tantrum about and whatnot.
its just a shit show at this point.................gonna be a cold, dark Christmas for everybody.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that bipartisan $900 billion bill won't even get close to passing.
the main reason is because it doesnt include any money in the form of stimulus checks for out of work people.

Seems like it has a decent chance of passing if it ever gets to a vote.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Protection of businesses? So the rich get richer. Businesses are just gonna cash out and then close down.

Don't doubt it.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Protection of businesses? So the rich get richer. Businesses are just gonna cash out and then close down.
Yeah, it's pretty messed up and self serving.

Business owners are winning. Small ones as well. If you used 60% of the money for salaries, then the loan is forgiven. I know at least 5 people who received over $1.5 million. That's at least $600K in pocket.

Two of them put the money into their investment accounts and went ham with Tesla. Needless to say, they more than doubled the money.

Politics favors the rich and businesses. We all know this.
:itsawrap:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah sounds like something else just for you homie. Ain't no stimuluses and that isn't the stimulus amount.

@TENT

you laff but i was serious..this morning in the mail was a check for 1292 bucks...I'm not sure if its an old tax return or what that's why I asked if anyone else got something.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Don't doubt it.

Biden agrees to the $908B stimulus.
I know Americans who wanted /needed money are like :D "Please make the win stop!!!"

The 'good guys' are now pleading for UE -- the 300 not the 'crush the virus' 600 -- to be retro to October. Pelosi will be fucking lucky to get retro back to December 1. Stimulus checks ain't happening. Ain't nothing going to the peasants unless Mitch get his liability protections. If that bitch don't stfu about state and local and take the scraps, people might not even get shit.

Mitch took Pelosi out to the woodshed and owned that bitch on a level I didn't think it was fucking possible to get owned on. I been saying all along shit was a clownshow, but this is bad bad. Where her interns at? How do you guys spin this? :popcorn:

People worried about the fucking electoral college. Meanwhile, our system allowed an evil fuck from fucking Kentucky to dictate the fate of millions.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Biden agrees to the $908B stimulus.
Yo, I know many of y'all think I'm too hard on democrats. But, damn man. This is crazy!!??

We agree the current republican establishment had no real intension to provide a second Stimulus that directly benefited the people. They presented a plan that challenged Pelosi and when she didn't take it, they were jumping for joy because they really didn't want to do it anyway, but they had to. Now that the entire landscape has changed, it's back to business as usual, businesses and the wealthy first.

I assume Biden believes that supporting business is better for the public so that people can at least keep working.

Nonetheless, we all agree that the American people are getting the short end of the stick and have been thoroughly screwed by both parties.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically telling those people who are out of work that they need to suffer a little while longer

It should note that Pelosi and Schumer supports the $908 bill as a starting point.

direct payments would be nice, but I think the far biggest issue is getting enhanced unemployment retroactive to September to take care of the long term unemployment.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From 1.2 trill to 1.5 trill to 1.9 trill to now 900 billion....so this is the Dems negotiating strategy...and the Dems are supposed to have our best intention at heart??? Yea right. Pelosi could've accepted the Republicans counter offer back in July or even before the election in Sept-Oct when the Repub gave the offer of 1.9 trillion w/ stand alone bills for additional funding. It's not even worth complaining about anymore. I just hope the American ppl get something at this point. GA Runoffs will be a likely factor as far as what will really happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off until the 2nd week of January after the Runoffs for Senate to pass the stimulus pkg

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
It should note that Pelosi and Schumer supports the $908 bill as a starting point.

direct payments would be nice, but I think the far biggest issue is getting enhanced unemployment retroactive to September to take care of the long term unemployment.
September ain't even on the table no more. It's starting with October. :smh: It's funny as fuck that just 2 months ago 1200 direct payments were for peasants who wanted to settle now the democrats acting like just getting that shit is a win.

Truth is Mitch is pissed that the 908 bill had retro to December. That bitch don't even want an extra 300 from end dec to january.

If they manage to get shit retro to october, those liability protections are going to be fucking epic.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From 1.2 trill to 1.5 trill to 1.9 trill to now 900 billion....so this is the Dems negotiating strategy...and the Dems are supposed to have our best intention at heart??? Yea right. Pelosi could've accepted the Republicans counter offer back in July or even before the election in Sept-Oct when the Repub gave the offer of 1.9 trillion w/ stand alone bills for additional funding. It's not even worth complaining about anymore. I just hope the American ppl get something at this point. GA Runoffs will be a likely factor as far as what will really happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off until the 2nd week of January after the Runoffs for Senate to pass the stimulus pkg
i heard that there are 22 GOP senators that dont even like this bill and are against it.
at this point, Nancy is like fuck it, since she knows she's not running for Congress again after this term.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
September ain't even on the table no more. It's starting with October. :smh: It's funny as fuck that just 2 months ago 1200 direct payments were for peasants who wanted to settle now the democrats acting like just getting that shit is a win.

Truth is Mitch is pissed that the 908 bill had retro to December. That bitch don't even want an extra 300 from end dec to january.

If they manage to get shit retro to october, those liability protections are going to be fucking epic.
Facts!! It's gonna be a situation where if you refuse to go to work, you can be fired and not get unemployment. Or if you are at a job and an outbreak happens there, you can be forced to work and can't due if you get sick.

Cot damn, bro. Messed up all the way around.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Lol, it's clear that Nancy Pelosi's strategy was to drag out negotiations to prevent Donald Trump from getting a political win right before the election. When you look at how close the election was in swings states, you could say her strategy paid off.

I mean I can't believe you think that she would allow another round of stimulus checks with his ugly ass signatures to go out right before the election

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Facts!! It's gonna be a situation where if you refuse to go to work, you can be fired and not get unemployment. Or if you are at a job and an outbreak happens there, you can be forced to work and can't due if you get sick.

Cot damn, bro. Messed up all the way around.
I think it might be deeper. Employers can force employees to vaccinate or be terminated. If anything is wrong with the vaccine, kick rocks. I don't think it's a coincidence that an inhuman like Mitch is worried about vaccine money. It's a win for big pharma and corporations with whatever lawsuit protections he puts in.

Pelosi getting bossed. :smh: Yo, do you remember when they rightfully called out the CARES act and she told I think Trapper to 'calm down, it's coming'. That was back in March. She threw Americans under the bus and barely won the election, got hosed in the senate, and lost house seats. Bitch needs to be playing bingo. Mitch needs to be playing bingo in hell.