Netfix: OZARK Season 4 Discussion Thread (spoilers) (season 4 trailer!!) (drops 1/21/2022)

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Btw somebody told me Netflix not gonna release all the episodes at once for their shows they thinking about doing 2 to 4 at a time idk if it's true but heard it on a few podcasts

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Btw somebody told me Netflix not gonna release all the episodes at once for their shows they thinking about doing 2 to 4 at a time idk if it's true but heard it on a few podcasts

Interesting. Definitely has its pros and cons. People are used to the binge factor when platforms release whole seasons at once. Though the build-up and anticipation of one episode (or 2 - 4 at a time) can have its benefits too. I think the tricky thing with the current top-shelf series is that there's that long wait between seasons. A year or longer, hence people wanting them to hurry up & get the content out there. Especially when series are shorter at 8 - 10 episodes, and not the formulaic sitcoms/dramas on major networks that often run 20 - 24 episodes each time around.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Interesting. Definitely has its pros and cons. People are used to the binge factor when platforms release whole seasons at once. Though the build-up and anticipation of one episode (or 2 - 4 at a time) can have its benefits too. I think the tricky thing with the current top-shelf series is that there's that long wait between seasons. A year or longer, hence people wanting them to hurry up & get the content out there. Especially when series are shorter at 8 - 10 episodes, and not the formulaic sitcoms/dramas on major networks that often run 20 - 24 episodes each time around.
Fuck that. Release the season and let me dictate how I want to watch. They hit the ball out the park with the binge-watch mode shit. And there is enough released with other shows to wait for the annual show.

With weekly releases, I find myself waiting until I can download at least 4 episodes.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Fuck that. Release the season and let me dictate how I want to watch. They hit the ball out the park with the binge-watch mode shit. And there is enough released with other shows to wait for the annual show.

With weekly releases, I find myself waiting until I can download at least 4 episodes.

True. I prefer the all-at-once variety as well. I usually just DVR or download most series to skip all ads as is. So when getting together with friends or fam' we have an assortment of stuff to check out. Or being able to save a season, and transfer it to a flash drive for them soon thereafter.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Inverse - "As of this writing, Netflix has already released the list of shows and movies coming to the platform in October, and Ozark Season 3 is not included. Netflix usually releases these lists on the third Wednesday of every month, so if the release date is in November, then we should get confirmation on or around October 16."

Thanks Helico-pterFunk! :cool:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

But why tho....?

Netflix doesn't have ads. They haveaa strong proven repeat subscriber base.... What do they have to gain by making people wait 2 - 4 weeks or more to finish a series?

Unless they are gonna start introducing ads and a new subscription package.......

Hulu it makes sense pay $X you get to watch shows with ads, pay $Y you watch shows ad free.

Cbs all access is similar as well, I believe....

But to open the pandora's box of all at once bingeing and completely change the paradigm of show watching.... And now to try to go back to the old way..... Nah fam

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
But why tho....?

Netflix doesn't have ads. They haveaa strong proven repeat subscriber base.... What do they have to gain by making people wait 2 - 4 weeks or more to finish a series?

Unless they are gonna start introducing ads and a new subscription package.......

Hulu it makes sense pay $X you get to watch shows with ads, pay $Y you watch shows ad free.

Cbs all access is similar as well, I believe....

But to open the pandora's box of all at once bingeing and completely change the paradigm of show watching.... And now to try to go back to the old way..... Nah fam
This is their strategy to compete with Disney releasing their service to retain more subscribers.

I really don't see Disney as being any real competition to Netflix. No service is messing with Netflix right now, not for the foreseeable future. I've seen Disney ads of what's coming.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This is their strategy to compete with Disney releasing their service to retain more subscribers.

I really don't see Disney as being any real competition to Netflix. No service is messing with Netflix right now, not for the foreseeable future. I've seen Disney ads of what's coming.
none of these companies are giving netflix content in future -
within a few years - no new hollywood boxoffice movies only indy and b movies
popular network shows will be leaving too

Disney EsPN Hulu bundle for less than netflix.... is a real threat

HBOMax... will have better curated content and MORE content when it launches than Netflix ever had

both Disney and WB easily have more content to release than Netflix

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
none of these companies are giving netflix content in future -
within a few years - no new hollywood boxoffice movies only indy and b movies
popular network shows will be leaving too

Disney EsPN Hulu bundle for less than netflix.... is a real threat

HBOMax... will have better curated content and MORE content when it launches than Netflix ever had

both Disney and WB easily have more content to release than Netflix
I thought Netflix is producing their own stuff. Even though Marvel left, when I saw the Disney trailer promoting the channel, they were showing mostly cartoons, animations and Marvel. For me personally, that's not for me. I watch Marvel, but can grab that off of the "apps" on my FireTV. Unless I see some solid stuff from all those production houses like they said Spielberg, Oprah and the others, they have a lot of tailwind to catch up to how Netflix is dropping original productions. They are killing it right now.

Got knows what HBO can make to compare constantly to Netflix. But we'll see

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I thought Netflix is producing their own stuff. Even though Marvel left, when I saw the Disney trailer promoting the channel, they were showing mostly cartoons, animations and Marvel. For me personally, that's not for me. I watch Marvel, but can grab that off of the "apps" on my FireTV. Unless I see some solid stuff from all those production houses like they said Spielberg, Oprah and the others, they have a lot of tailwind to catch up to how Netflix is dropping original productions. They are killing it right now.

Got knows what HBO can make to compare constantly to Netflix. But we'll see
Hulu is also Disney
Netflix will be doing originals but the good old days of network and series reruns on Netflix from most cable and all networks are over
along with the recently released box office movies

do you realize that HBO / Cinemax already puts out more original series annually than Netflix?
and I would argue that HBO Cinemax shows are more talked about in culture and impactful than Netflix originals
WB studios releases more box office and b movies annually than Netflix can license or make? thats not including distribution of indy films

Disney / Buena Vista TV? :itsawrap:

HBOMax will be pulling from the entire WB New Line Castle Rock etc catalogs and time warner TV and cable catalogs in addition to everything HBO n Cinemax -

its going to go toe to toe with Disney sans espn and like Disney they have multiple divisions and subsidiaries churning out new content

Netflix has much less help, and they will now be competing against Disney n WB to get after market indy content

Netflix will be in a fight for its life

Last edited:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Hulu is also Disney
Netflix will be doing originals but the good old days of network and series reruns on Netflix from most cable and all networks are over
along with the recently released box office movies

do you realize that HBO / Cinemax already puts out more original series annually than Netflix?
and I would argue that HBO Cinemax shows are more talked about in culture and impactful than Netflix originals
WB studios releases more box office and b movies annually than Netflix can license or make? thats not including distribution of indy films

Disney / Buena Vista TV? :itsawrap:

HBOMax will be pulling from the entire WB New Line Castle Rock etc catalogs and time warner TV and cable catalogs in addition to everything HBO n Cinemax -

its going to go toe to toe with Disney sans espn and like Disney they have multiple divisions and subsidiaries churning out new content

Netflix has much less help, and they will now be competing against Disney n WB to get after market indy content

Netflix will be in a fight for its life

Consumer is going to be spending more now than they did with cable. :eek: It's fucked up. If it weren't for greed, everyone would be eating off Netflix. I seen the shit was going to get ugly when they started running netflix pockets for content. We cut the cord in 2010, a couple years later, knew that we'd eventually have to cut the cutting of the cord.

Seedbox > these greedy fucks.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Consumer is going to be spending more now than they did with cable. :eek: It's fucked up. If it weren't for greed, everyone would be eating off Netflix. I seen the shit was going to get ugly when they started running netflix pockets for content. We cut the cord in 2010, a couple years later, knew that we'd eventually have to cut the cutting of the cord.

Seedbox > these greedy fucks.
people were paying +$100 on cable

now they can stream Amazon Netflix Disney Hulu Espn HBOmax for less than $50

price drastically drops down to $10 if everyone does "friends and family" type sharing

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

price drastically drops down to $10 if everyone does "friends and family" type sharing
Give it time man. I'm old enough to remember the early days of basic cable in the 80s. Shit was cheap. By the 90s, it was getting crazy. I remember having all the content with Netflix for $7. Just like they pimped cable, they will pimp streaming. They just loosening the belt buckles now. Already got folks paying $50 for what was just $7.

Shit always starts cheap. Get people hooked.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
All this streaming shit, I have to watch my data caps with Xfinity. We have a 1TB a month cap, and I watch my data usage daily. Usually at 30gb a day, smh.

If I was spending roughly $50 on streaming apps a month, I would have to pay the additional $50 a month for unlimited internets. So makes no sense for me to cut the cord at the moment.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
All this streaming shit, I have to watch my data caps with Xfinity. We have a 1TB a month cap, and I watch my data usage daily. Usually at 30gb a day, smh.
:scared:
wow - if I was religious I would thank white jesus every day for Fios

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah but that was cable with basic internet in the early 00's and 2010's....now these ISPs are charging $50+ just for internet. So you've gotta pay extra for higher speed / data capped internet ($70+) so that your streams / gaming is flawless plus the $50 for the streaming services....

So where's the savings?

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Back to the original subject....

Anybody have any favorite quotes or scenes from Ozark?

"More tea Darlene" and that whole Redneck vs Hillbilly on the porch scene is definitely one of my top 5

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah but that was cable with basic internet in the early 00's and 2010's....now these ISPs are charging $50+ just for internet. So you've gotta pay extra for higher speed / data capped internet ($70+) so that your streams / gaming is flawless plus the $50 for the streaming services....

So where's the savings?
I'm lucky to live in nyc
I get unlimited data via Fios or cable isp at +100mbps cable to 250mbps on Fios for prices ranging from $48 to $75

in my case I no longer pay for cable -only get data - thats +$130 saved

I have Prime and through that pay maybe $30 to stream Starz HBO Showtime Cinemax PBS
there are my net savings of +$100

for others? many people share Netflix and Hulu accounts...
in any case when they start raising prices to cable levels - I have no problem returning to a life of entertainment piracy

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I got titanium and I don't even half know what channel shit be coming on because literally everything is on it

Netflix on my chicks account

Prime video because I got prime

I see EVERYTHING and basically pay nothing

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm firestick all day don't pay for shit but internet

Well my wife pays it and she has prime but I've never watched anything off that shit but my daughter watch cartoons from there

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

23166878-0-image-a-34_1578520690058.jpg

23166872-0-image-a-35_1578520695889.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Netflix has a bunch of existing and new series debuting in March along with new movies.

Disney+ has just the final season of Clone Wars debuting in March.

NBC/Universal is debuting their Peacock service in April. Their flagship show is a new version of “Battlestar Galatica” being produced by Sam Esmail (Mr. Robot). Not much info on the series at this time.

And Netflix has a bunch of premiers in April to compete against NBC Peacock service.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Netflix has a bunch of existing and new series debuting in March along with new movies.

Disney+ has just the final season of Clone Wars debuting in March.

NBC/Universal is debuting their Peacock service in April. Their flagship show is a new version of “Battlestar Galatica” being produced by Sam Esmail (Mr. Robot). Not much info on the series at this time.

And Netflix has a bunch of premiers in April to compete against NBC Peacock service.

Peacock Service?...... Fam this shit is getting out of hand.... I'm definitely NOT interested