NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

DAHITMAN

Rising Star

The 2019-20 NBA season went on hiatus on March 11 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
On June 4, the NBA's Board of Governors approved a competitive format to restart the 2019-20 season with 22 teams returning to play and a tentative start date of July 31. The Board’s approval is the first formal step among many required to resume the season and the NBA is working to finalize a comprehensive season restart plan with the National Basketball Players Association.
The 2019-20 restart is contingent on an agreement with The Walt Disney Company to use Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Fla., as a single site for a campus for all games, practices and housing for the remainder of the season.
In anticipation of the return of the NBA, here are some common questions and answers about the restart of the 2019-20 season. Again, it's important to note that all of these dates are tentative.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I’ll watch the final, and Lebron. Other than that I’m ready to watch football, because I love the sport. I feel the skepticism on how the NFL is run. But there are positives to be taken from the NFL; that mostly involve the players.

Venom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does anyone have the 8 game Orl schedule for my Pels @Pels
?
I think we play the Kings 2x and the Orl slate is similar to the original late March slate. Technically Kings haven't ended 15 year playoff droughts and Spurs streak may end. Ant Man and Lakers sched too please. @Lakers

OUT THARE

It takes a nation of millions to keep us black
BGOL Investor
Yea ... more flopping, refs calling petty fouls, player crying over fouls that in 70’s-90’s wouldn’t be close to a foul, teams just launching 3 & no defense, resting player so they fresh for the play-offs, Chris Paul crying after ever play, James Harding hogging the ball for 40 min ever game, Can’t wait for the next All Star Game : ( the worst but I’ll just stop here

Last edited:

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would like to see Labron/Lakers compete for that chip. There is alot of parody in the league. Hearts will be broken. A champion must must come forth.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I would like to see Labron/Lakers compete for that chip. There is alot of parody in the league. Hearts will be broken. A champion must must come forth.

I feel bad for whoever does win the championship this year since I don't think it will be respected as normal due the interruption of the season and circumstances surrounding it.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I feel bad for whoever does win the championship this year since I don't think it will be respected as normal due the interruption of the season and circumstances surrounding it.

It only wont be respected if the Lakers win it. If the Bucks or Clips or some other team wins, it will be celebrated and those teams will be recognized as withstanding all this to still come together and win.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What I don't understand is this - why are the players agreeing to play in a state that has a high COVID-19 infection rate, where the governor opened up businesses too early so said rate increases quickly, and a governor who lied about the number of people who were infected? That should have been the bigger discussion instead of how they were going to protest.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
They should have just called the season.

I know there is a lot of money left on the table if they do but it's already summer.

Are they going to start the season in the fall like normal?

All sports that started last year should just cut their loses and come back in the fall.

Baseball minus whale call their season as well. Smh at a 60 game baseball season.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What I don't understand is this - why are the players agreeing to play in a state that has a high COVID-19 infection rate, where the governor opened up businesses too early so said rate increases quickly, and a governor who lied about the number of people who were infected? That should have been the bigger discussion instead of how they were going to protest.
The players becoming infected is basically impossible because the restrictions are severe. If a player leaves or even steps foot off the bubble they have to self quarantine for 14 days regardless

All of the Disney staff is locked down also

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I know there is a lot of money left on the table if they do but it's already summer.

All sports that started last year should just cut their loses and come back in the fall.

Baseball minus whale call their season as well. Smh at a 60 game baseball season.

Never

it's all about getting the rest of that tv money and trying to make sure the cba stays intact and finally that cap number next year.

So basically the answer to all your questions as always is simply money

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The players becoming infected is basically impossible because the restrictions are severe. If a player leaves or even steps foot off the bubble they have to self quarantine for 14 days regardless

All of the Disney staff is locked down also

I don't like the fact that a bunch of (mostly) Black men being put in a bubble for entertainment purposes. Doesn't that sound a little disconcerting?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Said they will start new season Christmas. I'm okay with that.

MbB3dq.jpg

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't like the fact that a bunch of (mostly) Black men being put in a bubble for entertainment purposes. Doesn't that sound a little disconcerting?
They just doing their jobs. Not going to work will cost them over a billion in salary next season.

Basically enjoy the luxury accommodations and get paid and relax for two months

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

Florida's official numbers weren't high when they chose Orlando. Plus most states were telling them no, whereas Florida was welcoming them with open arms.

We opened up around the same time as everyone else, actually later than some places. The real issue was how long it took us to shutdown in the first place.

Desantis is lying his ass off and this is not a good place to play right now, but I don't think they had an alternative other than not playing at all.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

According, to Coon Smith as long as the superstar players don't bail there's nothing to worry about....Don't he realize role players are important to winning a championship too......

I want to hit him with a fucking chair.....

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Like,I said earlier in the thread,when there were rumors about them wanting to play in Florida around April. I said,there's no way the league should be there because the governor is repressing the numbers to make the state look good...And,he still repressing the numbers...lol

Hell,there was articles about it around that time and the league still went there..

And,what even more egregious the NBA don't have a plan B. It's Florida or bust....

It's going to take a player to die for the league to get cancelled. Even,then I'm not sure about that..

These leagues are so determine to move forward so they can make money they don't care about people's lives.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Florida's official numbers weren't high when they chose Orlando. Plus most states were telling them no, whereas Florida was welcoming them with open arms.

We opened up around the same time as everyone else, actually later than some places. The real issue was how long it took us to shutdown in the first place.

Desantis is lying his ass off and this is not a good place to play right now, but I don't think they had an alternative other than not playing at all.

Florida's numbers wasn't high because the governor was repressing the numbers so he can open up the state.

You would think the league would watch the news about it but the league don't care as long as it finishes up the season...

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Starting the season is one thing, finishing the season is what matters.

I'm betting we don't see any season completed. The numbers of people presently getting infected the numbers are almost as high as they were in March.

I do hope I'm wrong but its hard to ignore how this virus was allowed to spread across this country without an iota of resistance. :smh:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

Lolz Florida just released news that it saw a single day surge of 5511 new cases of COVID-19 just a few minutes ago.