NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lolz Florida just released news that it saw a single day surge of 5511 new cases of COVID-19 just a few minutes ago.

I think I know why. In addition to the protests and things opening up, it's hot as fuck outside. It was hard to breathe with my mask on. Most of the people in the store weren't wearing one. :smh:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Everyone considers the Christmas games the start of NBA season anyways....
Yup. I always felt the season started too early anyways. No need to Start end of October.

EL3TbH.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Florida's numbers wasn't high because the governor was repressing the numbers so he can open up the state.

You would think the league would watch the news about it but the league don't care as long as it finishes up the season...
Yeah I think he was lying about the numbers too. He's a real piece of shit and needs to be voted the fuck out!!!

jD8x5C.jpg

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Would it be possible to just pick up the season in 2021 where it left off in 2020?
Technically they can do that but it makes no sense......they just need to start a new season next year and just cancel this season

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
They should have just called the season.

I know there is a lot of money left on the table if they do but it's already summer.

Are they going to start the season in the fall like normal?

All sports that started last year should just cut their loses and come back in the fall.

Baseball minus whale call their season as well. Smh at a 60 game baseball season.

On the player's part, that's more reason to move forward.

No season means no collective bargaining agreement, which would be a disaster with next season so uncertain. The players need this more than the owners.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
The players becoming infected is basically impossible because the restrictions are severe. If a player leaves or even steps foot off the bubble they have to self quarantine for 14 days regardless

All of the Disney staff is locked down also

Since when is Disney staff locked down?

Three days ago: https://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-players-worried-disney-staff-break-bubble/

Today: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/24/nba-disney-world-return-basketball-coronavirus-florida
While the players and staffers will be expected to stay within the bubble, the employees at Disney World (they are called “cast members”) obviously won’t be under such restrictions, and will be entering the NBA campus from a state where Covid-19 is currently on the rise.​

They should have offered the staff a salary for the period and had them locked down, this is what is going to fuck up the season. I don't believe we will have an NBA champion.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered

According, to Coon Smith as long as the superstar players don't bail there's nothing to worry about....Don't he realize role players are important to winning a championship too......

I want to hit him with a fucking chair.....

This is a very very bad idea especially in a state like Florida where the virus is going nuts right now.
Florida's numbers wasn't high because the governor was repressing the numbers so he can open up the state.

You would think the league would watch the news about it but the league don't care as long as it finishes up the season...
Lolz Florida just released news that it saw a single day surge of 5511 new cases of COVID-19 just a few minutes ago.

:eek2:

Infections up 380% since June 1.

Before the "overnight crushing previous record" development. :smh:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The way cats are popping up with that shit, if im a premier player of good health, id venture and try to expose myself to the virus and get it over with before the season resumes. The last thing you wanna do is be a series away from a ring and catch that shit and have to sit down. Gimme my rona now dammit.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I can't imagine that would work. If you stretch a season over two years, the players only get paid for one season. Not even that, just the rest of this one. They basically would forfeit a year's pay.

Despite their plans to finish out the season, I just don't see them playing this year, so they're going to lose money anyway (if their contracts would allow for that). I guess it isn't feasible to just pick things up next year because you'd have to deal with draft picks being on the roster.

I don't see them playing again until January/February.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
The way cats are popping up with that shit, if im a premier player of good health, id venture and try to expose myself to the virus and get it over with before the season resumes. The last thing you wanna do is be a series away from a ring and catch that shit and have to sit down. Gimme my rona now dammit.

That's not smart without knowing the long-term effects. An athlete coming out of this with an impaired respiratory system could be fucked.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Despite their plans to finish out the season, I just don't see them playing this year, so they're going to lose money anyway (if their contracts would allow for that). I guess it isn't feasible to just pick things up next year because you'd have to deal with draft picks being on the roster.

I don't see them playing again until January/February.

I don't know this for sure but I think if they just make it to the postseason (which if course literally means after the season), they get credit for this season and the CBA stays in tact.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member

And that may be the last thing you get.

I understand that money is important, but this is about life! People seem to be ignoring that! There are people saying, "It won't happen to me," even they know someone who got sick or died. This is crazy.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And that may be the last thing you get.

I understand that money is important, but this is about life! People seem to be ignoring that! There are people saying, "It won't happen to me," even they know someone who got sick or died. This is crazy.
That's not smart without knowing the long-term effects. An athlete coming out of this with an impaired respiratory system could be fucked.
Thats true. I just think its inevitable that most will get it at some point and the available research shows that those in stellar health will make full recovery. Those things considered, it would be best to get it sooner rather than later as it pertains to potential downside for those participating in playoff tourney.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
LeBron don’t do it they need to cancel the season
Shit's crazy. They need to cancel it.

We are still keeping our distance but somewhat opened up a little, receiving my brother and his family over a few times over the last few weeks.

We're about to shut shit down again in our home.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Shit's crazy. They need to cancel it.

We are still keeping our distance but somewhat opened up a little, receiving my brother and his family over a few times over the last few weeks.

We're about to shut shit down again in our home.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
A competent candidate needs to emerge for for the 2022 Governors race here in FL.

Silver lining for the whole Coronavirus ordeal is, it may help push Chump out, and if his incompetence continues, it should be what does DeSantis in.

Dems need to start planting seeds for the 2022 election.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
A competent candidate needs to emerge for for the 2022 Governors race here in FL.

Silver lining for the whole Coronavirus ordeal is, it may help push Chump out, and if his incompetence continues, it should be what does DeSantis in.

Dems need to start planting seeds for the 2022 election.
At the top of the list will be Gwen Graham the daughter of Bob Graham

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
Sad thing is...people in FL continue act like things are back to normal. I see a small percentage of people wearing masks in public. And the RNC is coming to Jacksonville with no health restrictions. FL about to become the new epicenter. Cac DeSantis deserves all the heat he about to catch for being tangerine’s bitch.