NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It would be AD but he's gonna replace him anyway but if not AD, Chris Paul
But we awarding winning right? How you gonna have Paul in but no Booker?

Because CP’s the PG and is the general\leader of the team and he’s credited with leading that team to a better record than in the past.

No argument from me, I just can understand why CP’s bitchass is there :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Carbon Copy’ Larry & Luka
By Marc Stein

Cedric Maxwell played for six seasons and won two N.B.A. championships alongside Larry Bird in Boston. He was named the most valuable player of the finals in 1981. So you listen intently when someone like Maxwell refers to Bird in assessing the Dallas Mavericks’ Luka Doncic.

“You can quote me: This is Larry Bird reincarnated,” Maxwell said.

Maxwell told me this last August, after watching Doncic beat the Los Angeles Clippers in the playoffs with an icy 3-pointer at the overtime buzzer that has been replayed over and over, and he said it again as he prepared for a radio broadcast of the Celtics’ game on Tuesday at Dallas.

“This would be Larry Bird of the 2020s,” Maxwell said, “exactly how he would play now.”

Maxwell’s latter statement has been my go-to linkage between these two whenever the subject comes up. Bird was a true forward in a different era, joined in the Boston frontcourt by the larger Kevin McHale and Robert Parish. While Doncic, at 6-foot-7 and 230 pounds, is built similarly to Bird (6-9, 220 pounds), he has been a triple-double-stacking point guard almost from the minute he set foot in the Mavericks’ practice facility in September 2018.

As a child of the 1970s and ’80s who romanticizes those days above all others in N.B.A. history, I like to imagine what it would be like to watch Bird playing Doncic-style — with the ball in his hands so much more to probe and create, and the freedom to shoot 10 3-pointers per game. In his 13 seasons with the Celtics, Bird averaged at least three 3-point attempts per game just three times.

The problem: As frequently as white players are measured against Bird, comparing on-the-rise prospects and even emerging greats like Doncic to one of the game’s icons is invariably tricky. Making such comparisons is one of the most instinctual aspects of basketball fandom and, at the same time, that reflex can put too much focus on the immeasurable. For all the similarities you can see in their ability to pass, rebound, shoot from distance and control the game, Doncic and Bird are limited edition, one-of-one originals.

White N.B.A. players are often compared to Larry Bird, but Luka Doncic does share some of Bird’s do-it-all talent.Dave Tenenbaum/Associated Press
Yet that’s what made the chats with Maxwell so entertaining. I am stubbornly measured. He’s no holds barred. Maxwell leaned into the notion that Doncic “is a carbon copy of Larry.” After an association with the N.B.A. that has spanned more than 40 years, he maintains that “comparison is good” — daunting (and downright damaging) as it has been for too many failed Next Jordans to list.

“Luka is better than Larry was at that age,” Maxwell said of Doncic, who turns 22 on Sunday. “The biggest thing is that there’s an arrogance, a cockiness, that Luka has that is directly out of the bloodstream of Larry Bird.”

Doncic turned pro at 16 with the Spanish power Real Madrid, where he developed a maturity beyond his years. Bird was 22 when he scored 14 points in his N.B.A. debut.

Another key contrast: Doncic didn’t land with a franchise as close to title contention as Bird and, in Year 3, finds himself in his most challenging stretch since he reached the N.B.A.

After the buzzer-beater that toppled the Clippers and so much more from Doncic in last summer’s bubble at Walt Disney World, he began the season among the favorites for Most Valuable Player Award honors, with Dallas similarly expected to push for a top-four seed in the West. At 14-15 entering Tuesday’s play, Doncic’s Mavericks would probably be branded the league’s most disappointing team if not for the Celtics, who are just 15-15 after blowing a 24-point lead on Sunday in New Orleans.

Doncic remains as brilliant as ever, averaging 28.8 points, 8.6 rebounds and 9.3 assists per game, but numerous issues recently dragged the Mavericks into a 3-10 funk. They made improvement on defense an off-season priority but have tumbled to 25th in the league in defensive efficiency. They have slumped to 25th in 3-point shooting. There have been numerous coronavirus-related lineup disruptions: Four key rotation players not named Doncic (Kristaps Porzingis, Josh Richardson, Dorian Finney-Smith and Maxi Kleber) have missed at least nine games each. Porzingis’s mobility after off-season knee surgery has been slow to reload, especially defensively, and the team misses the chemistry influence of the veteran J.J. Barea, who now plays in Spain.

At the Mavericks’ low point, they had lost 12 consecutive one-possession games before Doncic and Golden State’s Stephen Curry staged an irresistible duel on Feb. 6 from which Dallas escaped with a 134-132 victory. Doncic said afterward that it was the first time in a long time that he played with sufficient joy and said he needed “to have more fun playing the game to be who I was before.” The win launched a promising 4-1 surge before the Mavericks were forced into a week off by a horrendous winter storm that ravaged Texas for days.

Doncic’s body language and complaints to referees have been talking points all season. He acknowledged in a recent interview with ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith that he has to improve his deportment with officials, saying that losing “makes you do things you don’t want to do.” Doncic said last week that Portland’s Damian Lillard, whose team has exceeded expectations despite key injuries, deserved a starting spot in the All-Star Game “more than me.”

The onus is on Dallas management to put the right pieces around Doncic. McHale and Parish arrived in Bird’s second season, giving the Celtics a Hall of Fame threesome that provided the backbone for teams that won three championships and made five trips to the N.B.A. finals in seven seasons. The Mavericks’ quest is moving slower.

Yet even if they get it right, that will demand more from their centerpiece.

“Larry had another gear that I’m waiting to see Luka come up with, and that’s the leadership role,” Maxwell said.

Doncic still has room to grow as an on-court leader for a Dallas team still finding its way. He has been criticized at times for his body language.Kevin Jairaj/USA Today Sports, via Reuters
Doncic, of course, is not even the first Maverick from Europe to be relentlessly compared to Bird. Dirk Nowitzki, who changed the power forward position forever with his ability to face the basket, shoot the 3-pointer with ease and draw big men out of the paint, was described for two decades as a 7-foot Bird.

“I was always super humbled and honored to be compared to Larry Legend, but I never tried to think about it that much,” Nowitzki said Monday. “I never tried to live up to his career and put pressure on myself that way. I tried to focus more on paving my own way and finding what works for me.”

Doncic is equally modest when reporters bring up Bird or other well-known players he has passed on his way to tie for No. 12 in career triple-doubles (32). But this is basketball. Resistance is futile because comparisons are what we do — constantly.

The season was one game old when Maxwell got swept up in Luka mania. After a cheeky Doncic assist in the paint to Finney-Smith that flummoxed Phoenix’s Deandre Ayton and the rest of the Suns’ defense, Maxwell tweeted: “Hello Larry Joe Bird. Wow. I received one or two of those passes in my day.”

Any such commentary on Tuesday night will come from afar. Because of travel restrictions for N.B.A. broadcasters during the coronavirus pandemic, Maxwell and Sean Grande will be calling the game from a studio in Boston rather than in American Airlines Center in Dallas.

“When you go by one name, that tells you who you are in this league,” Maxwell said. “All you’ve got to say is Luka.”

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Supposedly they are signing them back to 10 day contracts but I think they'll keep Robinson and Iman...

Vonleh is probably gone once Drummond, Blake and Whiteside get bought out....

Doubt we got after any of those bigs. We just signed this kid Tyler Cook to a ten day and our young big Claxton just made his season debut after a knee issue kept him out. We like playing small

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Doubt we got after any of those bigs. We just signed this kid Tyler Cook to a ten day and our young big Claxton just made his season debut after a knee issue kept him out. We like playing small

Just looked at some G-Leauge highlights...

I can see how he can fit with the way the Nets play...

Nets have a good track record of developing young talent...

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Can we talk about how Trae Young gets the most bullshit calls in the league..You breath on him it's a fucking foul.

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
I wanna punch that little muthafucka right in his kidneys .:angry::angry::angry:

V9PZiw.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Houston Rockets waive DeMarcus Cousins

The Houston Rockets waived center DeMarcus Cousins on Tuesday.

The move came after a mutual decision was made between the team and the big man to part ways, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Cousins, whose veterans minimum salary of $2.3 million was guaranteed by the Rockets last week as a token of gratitude, will explore interest from other teams.

Cousins, 30, a four-time All-Star attempting to resuscitate his career after a series of serious injuries, averaged 9.6 points and 7.6 rebounds while shooting only 37.6% from the floor in 25 games with the Rockets.

Sources said Cousins was not happy with his role as a backup center behind Christian Wood, wanting more playing time. Rockets coach Stephen Silas did not consider playing Wood and Cousins together, as he wants to use Wood solely as a center.

The Rockets have lost their past eight games after Wood, Houston's leading scorer and rebounder, went down with a sprained right ankle. Cousins, whose defensive limitations were an issue, averaged 12.1 points and 9.0 rebounds during the stretch before sitting out Monday's loss to the Chicago Bulls due to a heel injury.

Cousins has bounced around the league the past few seasons after rupturing his Achilles tendon during the 2017-18 season while with the New Orleans Pelicans. He then signed with the Golden State Warriors but tore his quadriceps muscle in the 2018-19 season. Cousins joined the Los Angeles Lakers for the 2019-20 campaign but tore his ACL before ever suiting up for the team.

He has averaged 20.8 points and 10.7 rebounds for his career since being drafted by the Sacramento Kings with the No. 5 pick in the 2010 draft.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just looked at some G-Leauge highlights...

I can see how he can fit with the way the Nets play...

Nets have a good track record of developing young talent...

Yeah the potential is there but I'm not expecting him to even see the floor unless it's a blowout

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I wanna punch that little muthafucka right in his kidneys .:angry::angry::angry:

V9PZiw.jpg

I don't understand, why the referees keep giving him all the calls. You can even breath on him without being a call being on you. I mean,half of his points are from the free throw line. Sexton gets hit on the back of the head and have players step in his landing zone,which the referees is suppose to do after what happened to Kawhi yet he doesn't get no calls at all. Shit,makes no sense at all.