NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's too much to ask...

I'd have taken 2 of the 3 out of Nunn, Herro and Robinson along with 2 or 3 FRPs... cash exceptions or filler to make it work numbers wise and moved on.

That shit there is highway robbery and as a Rockets fan that's a bit much to ask...
In y’all defense...Oladipo better than all them dudes you would’ve got back. I honestly see nothing special in any of them. I think Herro has potential but his ceiling at Oladipo. But being Oladipo said he doesn’t want to stay in Houston....shit maybe that was a better deal.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Have the Nets played either Philly or Miami yet?

**Edit**

Ok they played Philly once, Boston once... both games look one sided based on the score alone...

I'm sorry Philly i understand you like your squad but Jesus you already got beat by 11pts and you let the Nets get BETTER? Celtics, same thing.

I dunno about this one
I know about it. 1st of all the Rockets apparently DID NOT wanna do a deal with Philly and Morey. Second, Word is Doc wasn't willing to part with Maxey or Milton. Smart move. Maxey has the chance to become something special. Sixers have done enough with letting young talent go hoping for some instant magic right now and have gotten burned. Embiid is playing at an MVP level this year. He needs the ball feeded to him in the post. How many times is Harden gonna do that. :idea:I wouldn't have messed with the Sixers roster. Coach them up and play with what we have. We did all we needed to do in the offseason and the team is better off for it. I do think we're better than Boston and as deep as Miami. Not better than the Nets but that doesn't mean we can't beat them in a 7 game series. :dunno:

gpa5Yk.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He'll be the best player in the league, if he had a jumpshot.

OK Is KD, Kyrie and Harden the BEST Big 3 EVER (so far)?

Cause I do NOT want to sleep on Pierce Garnett and Ray (Rondo +1)

Lebron Wade Bosh

Westbrook ,Harden KD

whatever you want to call the GSW aka Monstars of Curry KD Draymond Klay

do we go BACK to Lakers Celtics Spurs and Rockets big THREES?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
yet EVERY SINGLE time I brought that up on bgol?

I was told well a player can;t be expected to o EVERYTHING

I was like EVERYTHING?

I said to make a BASIC jump shop

I aint tell him to learn all of The Dream's low post moves over the summer.

I kinda sorta feel like a BASIC set jumper is important in PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL!
Here's the thing cuzo. Is it blown out of proportion that Ben can't shoot. Yes, it is. And I'm the 1st one to get on him an call him a Beige bitch. But not because he can't shoot. It's morso because he won't shoot. He's afraid of failure. He can make shots it just scares him to miss. Consistently. It makes absolutely no fuckin sense but I'm convinced that's mentally where he is. It's not like he has a terrible looking shot or bad mechanics. He just a fuckin Beige bitch. Plain and simple. Now, with that said he is a phenomenal defender and has excellent court vision. Very good rebounder too. And it's not just because he's 6'10. We've all seen basketball enough to have known some 6'10 guys who were not good at rebounding. What he does well will never be nationally recognized because of his deficiency in shooting in a league where everybody and their great grandmother's are shooting 3's. I watch this dude every game so I know what I'm talking about. Everyone else just either looks at box scores or highlights to see if he took a 3. And to be honest, I'm okay with it. I stopped getting mad about it. :dunno:

17F18Y.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Lebron Wade Bosh

Westbrook ,Harden KD

Until they bring titles to Brooklyn they ain't the best of shit.

Osb03m.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Here's the thing cuzo. Is it blown out of proportion that Ben can't shoot. Yes, it is. And I'm the 1st one to get on him an call him a Beige bitch. But not because he can't shoot. It's morso because he won't shoot. He's afraid of failure. He can make shots it just scares him to miss. Consistently. It makes absolutely no fuckin sense but I'm convinced that's mentally where he is. It's not like he has a terrible looking shot or bad mechanics. He just a fuckin Beige bitch. Plain and simple. Now, with that said he is a phenomenal defender and has excellent court vision. Very good rebounder too. And it's not just because he's 6'10. We've all seen basketball enough to have known some 6'10 guys who were not good at rebounding. What he does well will never be nationally recognized because of his deficiency in shooting in a league where everybody and their great grandmother's are shooting 3's. I watch this dude every game so I know what I'm talking about. Everyone else just either looks at box scores or highlights to see if he took a 3. And to be honest, I'm okay with it. I stopped getting mad about it. :dunno:

but hold on then that is WORSE right?

REFUSING to do it?

Markle Foultes actually was found to have NERVE damage..and even it it WAS mental I could UNDERSTAND that.

But you can't just REFUSE

not to get vulgar and not calling Ben a hoe by any means whatsoever

but if a prostitute said I do EVERYTHING

BUT suck dick

I think you would have solid grounds to report her to the union for gross dereliction of duty.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
He right though.... ain’t nobody fucking with that backcourt....not even close.
Not the point.

They can be the best back court ever assembled... THEY HAVEN'T WON SHIT!!!

If having that title doesn't translate to them having DEEP post season runs then that shit is pointless

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not the point.

They can be the best back court ever assembled... THEY HAVEN'T WON SHIT!!!

If having that title doesn't translate to them having DEEP post season runs then that shit is pointless
I mean it’s not their fault lol. If they had Lebron or if they went to the Warriors they’d have a ring. They only two guys and two guys don’t win you a title especially over Lebron and AD.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have the Nets played either Philly or Miami yet?

**Edit**

Ok they played Philly once, Boston once... both games look one sided based on the score alone...

I'm sorry Philly i understand you like your squad but Jesus you already got beat by 11pts and you let the Nets get BETTER? Celtics, same thing.

I dunno about this one

They play the Bucks for the first time on Monday...

Harden Vs The Freak... Them dudes hate each other... Lol

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
@ansatsusha_gouki @Picasso

I don't like this take

I understand Kyrie bugging the hell out right now

but telling him to retire and that the Nets gonna have grounds to void his contract is a little much.

I defend Kyrie and I chastise him

but I think we gotta be real careful here because we STILL don't know what is REALLY going on with him

and YES that is ALL his fault.

PERIOD

but still saying he need to retire? Even for this hot take blowhard that a little extra.

Fuck screaming A

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He right though.... ain’t nobody fucking with that backcourt....not even close.

Eh..

Irving and Harden would be the best right now talent wise.

But my sleeper for the next couple of seasons if both players keep ascending would be Brogdon and Levert. Size, speed, skill and both are capable defenders.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A draft and an auction are too totally different things. I do agree that dude was way out of line eluding to the players as property though.

It's most definitely a draft because players have no choice and Jackie is a Boston Native... Nuff said

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eh..

Irving and Harden would be the best right now talent wise.

But my sleeper for the next couple of seasons if both players keep ascending would be Brogdon and Levert. Size, speed, skill and both are capable defenders.
I mean shit Irving and Harden ain't even played a game toegehre how can I say they better when CJ and Dame been doing it all season? Shit low-key CJ been BETTER than Dame......

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I think people are making a big deal out of nothing about the center situation for the Cavs.

Drummond or McGee will be traded while the other is going to walk after the season.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I mean shit Irving and Harden ain't even played a game toegehre how can I say they better when CJ and Dame been doing it all season? Shit low-key CJ been BETTER than Dame......

Straight talent?

I'm going with the former mvp and multiple all star/all nba tandem over Dame and CJ and yeah CJ been doing his thing but he's like Middleton in the fact he's no steady all season

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
but hold on then that is WORSE right?

REFUSING to do it?

Markle Foultes actually was found to have NERVE damage..and even it it WAS mental I could UNDERSTAND that.

But you can't just REFUSE

not to get vulgar and not calling Ben a hoe by any means whatsoever

but if a prostitute said I do EVERYTHING

BUT suck dick

I think you would have solid grounds to report her to the union for gross dereliction of duty.
I agree. He refuses to shoot. Its not like he can't. It is a total violation and is absolutely ridiculous. He is a Beige bitch for that.

WkFnPm.jpg

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Lebron Wade Bosh

Westbrook ,Harden KD

Brooklyn's Superbly Strange Trio Of Talents
BY COLIN MCGOWAN

JAN 14, 2021 3:13 PM

When the Golden State Warriors replaced Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant, they probably became the most talented team that’s ever existed. There aren’t metrics for this kind of thing, but you were there, you get it: Durant, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, and Andre Iguodala. You can’t beat that lineup, and for two years, nobody did. Two titles, two Finals MVPs for Durant. They almost definitely would have won a third if both he and Klay hadn’t gone down with injury in the 2019 playoffs. And then that demi-era came to an end, in part because success was too easy, and Durant felt like he had to prove himself somewhere else.
Those Warriors teams and their dominance were boring as hell, and the only sort of interesting thing about them was that they didn’t ascend quite as high as you might’ve guessed considering they won 73 games, then swapped out a perfectly okay starting wing for the second-best player in the league. It turned out Golden State didn’t have all that much room to grow. It’s not that they didn’t improve—to be clear, no matter who you are, you want Kevin Durant on your team—but they didn’t explode. The offense stayed great; the defense got a little bit better. They handled their business in the regular season and then destroyed every opponent in the playoffs. (Save for that 2018 scare against the Houston Rockets.) It was some of the most awesome basketball anyone has ever played, if a little numbing, because the Warriors were already playing some of the most awesome basketball anyone has ever played, before Durant showed up.
This game has upper limits, is my point. There is a stratosphere in which more is not really more and the arithmetic begins to judder. So: Durant, Kyrie Irving, and James Harden. It’s not as if the Nets were threatening the 2016 Warriors in terms of greatness, but they did already have two ball-dominant stars, one of which doesn’t play much defense, and they’ve now added the most ball-dominant star, who plays the least defense. There are only so many shots to go around and so much shot clock to chew while dribbling 30 feet from the basket. You might honestly feel better about the Nets’ title chances if they had added a lesser player who could fill in non-scoring gaps. Had Harden not landed in Brooklyn, he likely would have ended up in Philadelphia for a package that included Ben Simmons. I think I actually like the idea of Simmons on the Nets more than Harden. Burn this take if Brooklyn’s big three is averaging 90 combined points per game by mid-March.
The concentration of unpleasantness, at least, is spectacular. Harden’s deadpan robotics, Durant’s boundless capacity to feel wounded, and Kyrie’s supercilious starchild act is quite a combination. NBA friendships are hard to grasp from the outside. We simply cannot know how shallow or deep they run, what players think of each other as people versus what they make of them as fellow professionals. Is it telling that LeBron talked pretty regularly about playing with Carmelo but never made it happen, or just coincidence? James Harden demanded that the Rockets trade for Russell Westbrook last summer and that friendship almost immediately became a hostile working relationship. Whatever lobbying Durant was doing behind the scenes to get Harden to the Nets, whatever Kyrie thought of it, however serious either of them were about constructing this superbly strange trio of talents, it now exists and needs to function at a championship level. Harden is 31. Durant is 32. There’s not a long runway.
This is putting to one side whatever’s going on with Kyrie at the moment. He hasn’t played since last Tuesday, and as ever with Kyrie, his reasons are inscrutable. He has thrown a big old party for his sister’s 30th birthday (ugh) and appeared at a virtual campaign event for a progressive Manhattan prosecutor (cool, but you know, you can do that kind of thing on a night when the Nets aren’t playing). He’s floated through anonymous sources that he is prepared to sit out the entire season “if need be.” It’s unclear what… when did the concept of necessity enter the picture? So until further notice, Kyrie is (out — ???). Everything is on the table with him. He might miss the season; he might retire. He might be back this Saturday against the Magic. Measuring his intentions is impossible, in large part because he doesn’t seem to know what he wants to do, or what he’s trying to accomplish.
For the sake of simplifying an already complicated situation, let’s assume he comes back. That’s Kyrie, Durant, Harden, Joe Harris, and a bunch of replacement-level players. Jeff Green is in the mix. DeAndre Jordan got benched the other night. Perhaps you have strong feelings about Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, but you really shouldn’t. The Nets will inevitably attract a buyout guy or two later in the season, maybe figure out how to get a five besides DeAndre, but beyond those three stars and Harris, they’re going to holding the enterprise together with duct tape and paper clips. That’s fine as far as it goes. When you have topline players like Kyrie, Durant, and Harden, you don’t need much else. Just something from a handful of rotation-fillers, preferably some competent defense. You also need your topline players not to self-combust in a typhoon of neuroses, ego, bickering, and mental-emotional cataclysm but that much is obvious. Which isn’t to say that’s not exactly what’s going to happen.