NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

5f937348c1a83524249766.gif

Alex_J

BANNED BITCH
Registered
I just saw them talk about this on The Jump

It sucks for teams like like Miami, Denver, Boston and the Lakers

That turn around would be three months, where you get little off season before you run it back

How much later into the calendar were The Lakers and Heat than the Nuggets and Celtics? Or those two as opposed to the Clippers and Rockets?

I feel like people are overstating the impact a couple of weeks with have on competitive advantage two full months from now.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Shaq was one of favorite players but damn he has become a hateful ass old man. He rarely has anything nice to say about other big men.

He'll say shit like he needs to get 50 and 30 this game and be a force. He's not giving the team enough.

Dude, you were a great player, but we remember those fourth quarters when you didn't want the ball because you couldn't shoot free throws.

but still, some dudes you sort of don't ever want to see win...Dwight is one :dunno: All the greats who don't have rings, but fuckin Dwight Howard, Dion Waiters and a Morris twin have rings.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
How much later into the calendar were The Lakers and Heat than the Nuggets and Celtics? Or those two as opposed to the Clippers and Rockets?

I feel like people are overstating the impact a couple of weeks with have on competitive advantage two full months from now.

It's the demands on the body and not resting.

And they're talking about training camp beginning November shortly after the draft.

So this is like a season ending in June, and then running that shit right back in September with August being training camp. Normally they get an extra two months.

It's great for those teams who didn't enter the bubble and last long, they get an actual off season.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
He'll say shit like he needs to get 50 and 30 this game and be a force. He's not giving the team enough.

Dude, you were a great player, but we remember those fourth quarters when you didn't want the ball because you couldn't shoot free throws.

but still, some dudes you sort of don't ever want to see win...Dwight is one :dunno: All the greats who don't have rings, but fuckin Dwight Howard, Dion Waiters and a Morris twin have rings.
I especially hate it when Shaq comes down on guys for 'not working hard enough.' Anyone who followed Shaq's career knows he never worked as hard as he could have. Mr. I'll wait for camp before I get surgery so I can heal up on company time.

His advantage was being bigger and much stronger than literally everyone else in the league.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
It is what it is...They forced this bubble shit on the public when they could have just as easily taken the best out of the East and West and let them play. The result would have been the same and chances are more people would have watched it. Made no sense to separate the teams from their families, etc.

Alex_J

BANNED BITCH
Registered

It's the demands on the body and not resting.

And they're talking about training camp beginning November shortly after the draft.

So this is like a season ending in June, and then running that shit right back in September with August being training camp. Normally they get an extra two months.

It's great for those teams who didn't enter the bubble and last long, they get an actual off season.

Great for the teams who didn't enter the bubble at all, I agree. My point was that, relative to the other postseason teams, the disadvantage to the Lakers and Heat is overstated.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Great for the teams who didn't enter the bubble at all, I agree. My point was that, relative to the other postseason teams, the disadvantage to the Lakers and Heat is overstated.

When you're 28+ and are playing 30+ minutes. I strongly disagree.

Normally people during the summer work on their game, training and conditioning. Do you do that with two months or do you just rest your body?

Normally a player might rest for a month and then start working out.

Alex_J

BANNED BITCH
Registered
When you're 28+ and are playing 30+ minutes. I strongly disagree.

Normally people during the summer work on their game, training and conditioning. Do you do that with two months or do you just rest your body?

Normally a player might rest for a month and then start working out.

I agree there's a disadvantage. I'm just arguing the extent is overstated.

The conference semifinals wrapped on September 15th. You think an extra 11 games for the Lakers over 5 and a half weeks puts them at a significant disadvantage to teams like the Clippers and Celtics? Even the first round went into September.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

3:13 - Who his sports idols growing up were

4:45 - On being voted the most popular athlete ever

5:20 - Biggest regret in life

7:19 - How the NBA should handle young recruits

11:53 - The role agents play in the career of newly drafted players

14:39 - The challenges of making his team (Hornets) champions, why the talent pool is so different now

18:01 - His role in recruiting NBA players

19:33 - What motivated him to own a team

22:42 - Air Jordans and how involved he is in that business

25:38 - His other business ventures

27:51. - His interest in wine, cigars

29:29 - His interest in golf

30:04 - Talks about new golfer recruits

33:10 - Talks about Tiger Woods and social media

34:42 - On giving someone GOAT status

36:57 - His relationship with Derek Jeter

39:02 - On never wanting to be a coach, how his tough mentality would make that
hard

40:04 - His favorite cigars

41:58 - On his dream of visiting Cuba

44:32 - On being a billionaire

45:14 - Talk about his father

50:40 - What's on his bucket list?

51:22 - The Last Dance

56:52 - Why he's done being in the limelight

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LA to LA: 3 ways a LaMarcus Aldridge trade could help the Lakers

What a time to be alive!

The purple and gold were dominant throughout the playoffs and fully deserve to be this year’s champions. LeBron James and Anthony Davis showed the basketball World that the Los Angeles Lakers are back!

Both players were historically good during the 2019-20 regular season and both stepped it up, even more, come playoff time.

While the Championship is still fresh, the Los Angeles Lakers cannot afford to rest on their laurels and spend the next few months celebrating.

Yes, they definitely should use this time to unwind and spend time with their families and loved ones after 3 long months in the NBA bubble. They most certainly deserve that time off.

But, sooner rather than later, the purple and gold front office must focus on a way for the Lakers to improve further next year and fix any glaring holes.

While it may not be a glaring hole, adding a 3rd scorer could be a big difference-maker next season.

The Lakers do not have many assets to go chasing superstars, but they might have just enough to chase a former superstar at the end of his prime.

Could the purple and gold bet on themselves and cash in their final trade asset for a one year rental of LaMarcus Aldridge?

mIILRnm.jpg

NEXT: Important 3rd scorer

NEXT: Lebron will have extra help

NEXT: The Lakers floor spacing open up completely

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

14:39 - The challenges of making his team (Hornets) champions, why the talent pool is so different now

hard

yeah he AIN'T talking about tiger...

he talking Lebron.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

Shaq’s right about some of the players but he’s a hating old man most of the time so hey :dunno:

Complex said:

Yeah even though I felt the same way about Dwight getting a ring that was a bitch move by Shaq. Dwight did contribute and he could have contributed more if he didn’t always start his bullshit. if you watch the games the coach will put Dwight in but as soon as he starts acting up he will soon get pulled and see little to no more playing time that game

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

hard

Nigga gimme the answers too.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

hard

Nigga gimme the answers too.
I only made it thru like 10 minutes. After watch All the Smoke and the JJ Reddick podcast, this interviewer's style and Mike's short answers were boring me too tears.