Nancy Pelosi Is Winning

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Bullshit... she aint stomping on trump any harder than anyone else would have. Listen man she's doing a good job on this issue but she's still doing some behind the scenes shit to keep the Democrats from landing on trumps ass with both feet.

Because kicking ass with both feet leaves you without a leg to stand on. Neither Pelosi or any other Dem is going to attack Trump at the expense of their own party

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered
This is all theater...

5 days from now, we will be 30 days into the shutdown, guess what happens then?
Trump has the right to use what's called Government RIF, Reduction of Force, or layoffs...

Restructuring of the Govt
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/reductions-in-force/

Many are now starting to say this will be the next move and will be mass chaos, all I can say is be prepared...

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/gove...nment-shutdown-extends-past-30-days-omb-says/

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Because kicking ass with both feet leaves you without a leg to stand on. Neither Pelosi or any other Dem is going to attack Trump at the expense of their own party
I guess our opinions differ... I dont think attacking him would be to the detriment of the democratic party. Imagine if there were a Democrat in the position that trump is in. Republicans would hit him/her with everything including the kitchen sink.

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered
Too many of y'all engage in this dumb false equivalency shit. Republicans had two years to get their fantasy wall going while they had full control of all branches. Kicking this back to the Dems (after the Senate GOP signed off on the last bill in Dec which was vetoed by Trump after he watched Fox News lol) is incredibly retarded and unacceptable. Mitch has blocked two bills brought by Dems from even going to vote during this shutdown (where it has at least an outside chance if passing with support from the right Republicans). This is a Trump, McConnel and GOP shutdown. Sucks if you're actually affected by this and not trolling per usual but get your eyes fixed on those actually responsible for your troubles.

Laying this at Pelosi's feet is incredibly dishonest :smh:

Im not laying all this at her feet per se, but I do honestly see fault in both leading sides in this. Trump and Pelosi.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I guess our opinions differ... I dont think attacking him would be to the detriment of the democratic party. Imagine if there were a Democrat in the position that trump is in. Republicans would hit him/her with everything including the kitchen sink.

Not saying they shouldn't attack him. They already have with this standoff. I'm saying they're not going to do it to the detriment of their own party. That's partially why you haven't seen impeachment proceedings yet.

you are absolutely right about the Republicans attacking her with everything but the kitchen sink. But then that's exactly the kind of thing you would expect from a party that gains more power by cheating and fixing the voter rolls than by making policies that benefit people's lives.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Not saying they shouldn't attack him. They already have with this standoff. I'm saying they're not going to do it to the detriment of their own party. That's partially why you haven't seen impeachment proceedings yet.

you are absolutely right about the Republicans attacking her with everything but the kitchen sink. But then that's exactly the kind of thing you would expect from a party that gains more power by cheating and fixing the voter rolls than by making policies that benefit people's lives.
Yep I remember what the GOP was trying to do with Nancy Pelosi before the midterms and that blew up right in their face on election night

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Im not laying all this at her feet per se, but I do honestly see fault in both leading sides in this. Trump and Pelosi.

Again, it's a false equivalence that doesn't stand up to even basic scrutiny. Consider the following:

1. The Wall funding in dispute is meant to address a non-existent crisis. Even if we ignore that fact, the current admin hasn't produced realistic cost estimates for this fantasy project (as we know it will cost a 100b+ not even counting the eminent domain lawsuits, manpower, cost-overruns etc. Even more damingly than all that we know that a wall will do nothing to improve secuirity in a meaningful way that better tech solutions and specialized staffing couldn't do better.

2. The Republicans had two years to force movement on this fantasyland pie-in-the-sky Wall while they held all branches of government. Failing to move this stupid ball down the court with no meaningful opposition for 2 years is a huge GOP failure (who are routinely terrible at governance). Worst, on Dec 19th the Senate voted unanimously to keep the gov open, this was then vetoed by Cheeto bc he watched his favorite retard pundits give him shit for caving on TV lol. Bitch McConnell has since kept 2 bills from even going to vote (one of which was the same one the Senate unanimously passed on the 19th!!)

3. This fantasy wall was suppised to be paid for by Mexico :lol:

Given these realities insisting that this is a problem "both sides" own is an inexplicably retarded position. This is a Trump and GOP shutdown. I find most "both sides" arguments are similarly uninformed tbh.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Again, it's a false equivalence that doesn't stand up to even basic scrutiny. Consider the following:

1. The Wall funding in dispute is meant to address a non-existent crisis. Even if we ignore that fact, the current admin hasn't produced realistic cost estimates for this fantasy project (as we know it will cost a 100b+ not even counting the eminent domain lawsuits, manpower, cost-overruns etc. Even more damingly than all that we know that a wall will do nothing to improve secuirity in a meaningful way that better tech solutions and specialized staffing couldn't do better.

2. The Republicans had two years tp force movement on this fantasyland pie-in-the-sky Wall while they held all branches of government. Failing to move this retarded ball down the court with no meaningful opposition for 2 years is a GOP failure (they are routinely terrible at governance). Worst, on Dec 19th the Senate voted unanimously to keep the gov open, this was then vetoed by Cheeto bc he watched his favorite retard pundits give him shit for caving. Bitch McConnell has since kept 2 bills from even going to vote (one of which was the same one the Senate unanimously passed on the 19th!!)

3. This fantasy wall was suppised to be paid for by Mexico :lol:

Given these realities insisting that this is a problem "both sides" own is an inexplicably retarded position. This is a Trump and GOP shutdown. I find most "both sides" arguments are similarly uninformed tbh.

What's even sadder is that at one point both sides had an agreement on the table for 20 billion, but Trump wanted even more concessions on top of that which is why that deal fell through. This the the Repubs fuckup all of their own making.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Yep I remember what the GOP was trying to do with Nancy Pelosi before the midterms and that blew up right in their face on election night

When the shutdown started Donald Trump made the bold statement that federal employees cared more about his border wall than a paycheck. Pelosi is calling his bluff. This has worked so well that at least eight Republican Congress members have at least partially defied Trump and sided with the Democrats on this issue.

this is important because at the end of the day deposing Trump is not enough. He needs to be destroyed and discredited so that all except his most ardent supporters can see what a cancer he is. Once this hellscape is over it's going to take bipartisan cooperation to fix the loopholes and inconsistencies that made his presidency happen in the first place.

sharkbait28

International Member
What's even sadder is that at one point both sides had an agreement on the table for 20 billion, but Trump wanted even more concessions on top of that which is why that deal fell through. This the the Repubs fuckup all of their own making.

:lol::smh:
51izyg9-Jb-GL-AC-SY400.jpg

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered
This is all theater...

5 days from now, we will be 30 days into the shutdown, guess what happens then?
Trump has the right to use what's called Government RIF, Reduction of Force, or layoffs...

Restructuring of the Govt
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/reductions-in-force/

Many are now starting to say this will be the next move and will be mass chaos, all I can say is be prepared...

This is not what a RIF looks like. I am posting the link below for the governmentally illiterate.

by the way: THIS is NOT what a RIF looks like:
https://www.govexec.com/pay-benefit...down-ends/154222/?oref=govexec_breaking_alert

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
No one else would have even had the power to keep the caucus together. And no one else would even know the nuances of the job enough to walk into a fucking Shutdown shitstorm + Trump. Full stop... Pelosi was perfect for this moment. Dealing with Trump is bad enough... and most people don't know how to deal with him and get washed over... but dealing with him and walking into a gov't shutdown would have all but paralyzed 99.99% of the available options for Speaker.

She took the ball from Trump from their first oval oval meeting when they discussed a possible shutdown.

If not for Trump and a possible shutdown, I would have liked someone else to have the position...to move to new blood... but not with this fucking Tyrant running the show.

Perfect example of this is you had the freshman dems and Ocasio Cortez going on TV and twitter trying to put pressure on Mcconnell to end the shut down. It may make twitter followers happy, but they obviously don’t know Mitch McConnell. He didn’t even respond. McConnell is a bare knuckle boxer. I can tell you how many fucks he gives about Ocasio Cortez’s twitter followers. 0.00. The only thing McConnell wants to know is do you have the votes or nah?

They out there talking about call his office.

Like they didn’t see the Kavanaugh fight. I kept telling my far left friends this was a fight they would lose. After all the protests, interrupted hearings, storming the doors, yelling at people at restaurants, sexual assault allegations. McConnell said “Kavanaugh WILL be on the supreme court.” And where is Kavanaugh now?

Pelosi is the toughest fighter the dems have right now. She’s not going to waste resources on fool’s errands, and she knows the fight game.

She just jabbed the fuck out of Trump with the SOTU letter today.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
She ain’t winning shit until she gets the government reopened and she gains more than she loses in the negotiations.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
This is not what a RIF looks like. I am posting the link below for the governmentally illiterate.

by the way: THIS is NOT what a RIF looks like:
https://www.govexec.com/pay-benefit...down-ends/154222/?oref=govexec_breaking_alert
I'm happy they will be making backpay but don't think he would be laying off regular fed employees. If there is a shift in govt, he could be removing members in office.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
She ain’t winning shit until she gets the government reopened and she gains more than she loses in the negotiations.

This shutdown fight isn’t really about the shutdown. It’s about telling Trump your bullying days are over. She’ll hold until he yields. Trump shutdown the government to prove he could bully the dems like he does the Republicans.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Perfect example of this is you had the freshman dems and Ocasio Cortez going on TV and twitter trying to put pressure on Mcconnell to end the shut down. It may make twitter followers happy, but they obviously don’t know Mitch McConnell. He didn’t even respond. McConnell is a bare knuckle boxer. I can tell you how many fucks he gives about Ocasio Cortez’s twitter followers. 0.00. The only thing McConnell wants to know is do you have the votes or nah?

Like they didn’t see the Kavanaugh fight. I kept telling my far left friends this was a fight they would lose. After all the protests, interrupted hearings, storming the doors, yelling at people at restaurants, sexual assault allegations. McConnell said “Kavanaugh WILL be on the supreme court.” And where is Kavanaugh now?

Pelosi is the toughest fighter the dems have right now. She’s not going to waste resources on fool’s errands, and she knows the fight game.

:yes:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
This shutdown fight isn’t really about the shutdown. It’s about telling Trump your bullying days are over. She’ll hold until he yields. Trump shutdown the government to prove he could bully the dems like he does the Republicans.

This. She's emasculating him.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Too many of y'all engage in this dumb false equivalency shit. Republicans had two years to get their fantasy wall going while they had full control of all branches. Kicking this back to the Dems (after the Senate GOP signed off on the last bill in Dec which was vetoed by Trump after he watched Fox News lol) is incredibly retarded and unacceptable. Mitch has blocked two bills brought by Dems from even going to vote during this shutdown (where it has at least an outside chance if passing with support from the right Republicans). This is a Trump, McConnel and GOP shutdown. Sucks if you're actually affected by this and not trolling per usual but get your eyes fixed on those actually responsible for your troubles.

Laying this at Pelosi's feet is incredibly dishonest :smh:

Yep.

This shit ain't about the wall. If they really wanted the wall, they could have had it. They could have even done it with reconciliation.

This is about the "fight" for the wall. The GOP wants to fight about it and they want the Dems to fold over it giving both Trump and the GOP a huge win.

This sums it up

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I've got some crow to eat for sure. Being honest I'm tired of the corporate Dems guarding their positions like some fucking pterodactyls but I've been impressed with Pelosi's handling of this insane bullshit. She got her caucus in line and has had Trump on defense throughout this whole fiasco. Would love to see some more dynamic and progressive Dems take leadership of the party in general but I was def wrong to be dismissive of her back in Nov.

I'm ready for her and Schumer and the rest of these old corporate Dems to bounce. I just think Pelosi should be there NOW while there is all this chaos with Trump.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Obama shut down the government to “bully” republicans into healthcare. As I said she won’t win until she can negotiate getting these people paid again and getting government working again. The fact that everything is negisoted in front of the camera on both sides is hurting more than it’s helping. Do like they used to do back in the day go to the whore house order some scotch and cigars and don’t come out until it’s solved

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Yep.

This shit ain't about the wall. If they really wanted the wall, they could have had it. They could have even done it with reconciliation.

This is about the "fight" for the wall. The GOP wants to fight about it and they want the Dems to fold over it giving both Trump and the GOP a huge win.

This sums it up

Yep Trump at one time had 25 Billion given to him but like I said he wanted even more concessions. Give someone an inch.............
Trump, his GOP enablers, Russia, and their ignorant voting constituents fucked themselves. I feel for the federal employees who did not vote for him, they don't deserve the pain they are receiving. However those that did I am glad they are suffering.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Obama shut down the government to “bully” republicans into healthcare. As I said she won’t win until she can negotiate getting these people paid again and getting government working again. The fact that everything is negisoted in front of the camera on both sides is hurting more than it’s helping. Do like they used to do back in the day go to the whore house order some scotch and cigars and don’t come out until it’s solved

Obama didn’t shutdown the government to get healthcare. Dems held the house and senate when the bill was proposed and Pelosi passed it after Scott Brown was seated. She’s already winning because the public blames Trump. Chuck and Nancy won this fight when Trump said on camera the he owns the shutdown and is proud to shut down the government. So they’re letting him take the blame. They’re also smart to pass bills to open the government that republicans refuse to pass.

And if they gave in to Trump shutting down the government, you would get shutdowns for every thing he wants.

These times aren’t like those times.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Obama didn’t shutdown the government to get healthcare. Dems held the house and senate when the bill was proposed and Pelosi passed it after Scott Brown was seated. She’s already winning because the public blames Trump. Chuck and Nancy won this fight when Trump said on camera the he owns the shutdown and is proud to shut down the government. So they’re letting him take the blame. They’re also smart to pass bills to open the government that republicans refuse to pass.

And if they gave in to Trump shutting down the government, you would get shutdowns for every thing he wants.

These times aren’t like those times.
Times are still the same it’s just a different party in charge and your politics don’t align with his.

As I said it’s time to stop negotiating in front of the cameras.

Saying they won the battle is like saying a boxing promoter still gets paid even though his boxer got knocked the fuck out. It’s people going without checks nobody is winning

sharkbait28

International Member
Yep.

This sums it up

Yea bruh there's no rational counter argument to this and the "enlightened centrist" bs about laying blame on both sides is exhausting af

I'm ready for her and Schumer and the rest of these old corporate Dems to bounce. I just think Pelosi should be there NOW while there is all this chaos with Trump.

Word agreed... seeing these septugenarian fucks at the rebuttal speech was disheartening. Let's get some new blood up in here. Kudos to Pelosi though she is a fucking warrior.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Times are still the same it’s just a different party in charge and your politics don’t align with his.

As I said it’s time to stop negotiating in front of the cameras.

Saying they won the battle is like saying a boxing promoter still gets paid even though his boxer got knocked the fuck out. It’s people going without checks nobody is winning

And if you give into Trump, they’ll be going without checks next month, and the month after that, and every time he wants something. He literally doesn’t give a single fuck and has no shame. This is different. Trump is willing to burn this whole shit down to protect himself. He’s said dozens of times he’ll shut the goverment down to get what he wants. And if he gets what he wants he’ll do it again.

This isn’t Ted Cruz or a Jeb Bush that at some point can be reasoned with.

Worker’s checks be damned.

And fyi, they’re not negotiating. Trump is saying I will fuck this whole shit down unless you give me a wall. Pelosi is saying there will be no wall.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
It's weird to see all the replies and I don't know who people are replying to because I have some people blocked :lol:

kogalee muhammad said:

I don't buy his both sides nonsense, but he actually participated out of character. The devil must be iceskating. Or he forgot which name he was logged in under...lol...

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

And i keep telling you.. Win or lose, its the fight we enjoy:mike:... fuck'm...fuck'm and the horse they rode in on. Like I said. Schumer and Pelosi went into that first meeting with money for the wall. Should have never offered him shit. This is the way I want me politics to be played. Compromise my ass.... kick rocks my ninja.

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You are wrong and if you are being honest this view is the reason we are here. It is NOT BOTH SIDES.

Trump is using Americans lives as leverage for whatever he wants. If Democrats cave and fund his wall do you honestly think we won’t be here again over his next ridiculous demand.

If you are truly furloughed I feel for you but Democrats cannot blink against this lunatic.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
yeah she is winning all right, Pelosi is right back to that centrist democrats, fuck Black people shit. This aint about the march, it is about trying to force two BLACK WOMEN to deny allegiances. Same shit they made Obama do.

DNC no longer listed as partner for 2019 edition of Women's March

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/politics/democratic-national-committee-womens-march/

Wow and here I thought Pelosi was the speaker of the house. Who knew she was the head of the DNC?

godofwine

Supreme Porn Poster - Ret
BGOL Investor
They need to! I'm on poison beanpie watch! This shutdown is causing me to hate myself! :crying: :smh:

Have you ever been forced to work for FREE?!?! Or lose your pension? :crying:
yeah, this slavery bullshit got me bent than a motherfuker. I thank God I'm working for a branch of the government that isn't affected by the shutdown and less it last more than a fiscal year.

What I don't understand is this, they're forcing people to work for free oh, but how are people supposed to get to work if they can't afford gas? I live 30 miles from my job. Even if I didn't eat I would need 150 just to get back and forth to work

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah she is winning all right, Pelosi is right back to that centrist democrats, fuck Black people shit. This aint about the march, it is about trying to force two BLACK WOMEN to deny allegiances. Same shit they made Obama do.

DNC no longer listed as partner for 2019 edition of Women's March

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/politics/democratic-national-committee-womens-march/
Pelosi is not head of the DNC mane:lol:

Sadly, just reading through some of these comments in this thread makes me appreciative that I at least paid a little attention in class when they were still teaching Civics in high school. They seriously need to go back to that :o