More Winter For Texas The South Central US

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
& Nah, heat texas style wouldnt have us shut down....I've been in Texas in July, and while the heat/humidity was worse than we experience up here, it wasn't too far from our dog days, July/August weather. We'd be complaining and cursing, but the show would go on.
....now I think you guys are more used to tornados than we are up here, so that would be a better comparison....and dust storms....a dust storm in NJ would have us running around like Jake Gyllenhal in the Day After Tomorrow :lol:

...and I feel for those without power. After hurricane sandy took out our power in 2012, immediately afterwards we got hit with cold weather, but nowhere near what the southwest is getting now....but I was miserable for 10 days without heat even though it was like 35+ still outside, sleeping with a hat and coat on....so I can imagine 20 & below with no power :smh:

Just like yall cant handle the heat we don't mess with the cold

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Houston Faces Dire Water Issues as Power Outages, Cold Push Texans To Their Limits

• Power outages knocked out water plants.
  • Houston is under a boil water advisory, and officials asked that water be conserved for essential use only.
  • At least 77 people were treated for hypothermia in northern Texas.
  • At least 10 people in Texas have died in weather-related incidents since Sunday, including a mother and a child due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The deaths of at least eight people in several other states this week are also being blamed on the weather.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:angry::smh:

10347187_icestorm217a.png

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Texas can handle heatwaves, droughts, wildfires, floods, hurricanes and tornadoes, but not extreme cold and snow/ice.

It just goes to show how multidimensional weather can be and how people react to it.
Extreme cold is a bitch. Snow/ice fuck up trees and power lines in Ohio like it ain't shit. Like I said, people who know and prepare for this shit every year STILL get fucked up. :smh:

Our ENTIRE power grid in the U.S. is fucked. People singling out Texas is funny to me. I guess people sleep through heatwaves causing power outages throughout the country. U.S. got shit so outdated too many people running the fucking air conditioner causes blackouts.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Extreme cold is a bitch. Snow/ice fuck up trees and power lines in Ohio like it ain't shit. Like I said, people who know and prepare for this shit every year STILL get fucked up. :smh:

Our ENTIRE power grid in the U.S. is fucked. People singling out Texas is funny to me. I guess people sleep through heatwaves causing power outages throughout the country. U.S. got shit so outdated too many people running the fucking air conditioner causes blackouts.

2021 and these power companies still refuse to allow people to use alternative energy sources without some type of blow back.

They rather continue this outdated system instead of allowing people to rely on solar energy for these type of occasions.

NC was big on the solar panels until Duke Energy had a say so about it. A place like Texas should be one of the leading states for solar energy.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
For my NC folks @cli-terminator @Dota @YoungSinister @CurtDawg @doe moe

Get ready for the ice.
The heaviest will be in the Piedmont area, especially the northern parts. This is a freezing rain event.

Yeah thanks for the heads up fam
Hopefully Thursday & Friday morning will be the last of all this rain, for a while
:raincloud::raincloud::raincloud:

Why is it that Roxboro ALWAYS gets hit with a bunch of snow and ice
Like clockwork damn near every year, shit is just crazy, LOL :D

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah thanks for the heads up fam
Hopefully Thursday & Friday morning will be the last of all this rain, for a while
:raincloud::raincloud::raincloud:

Why is it that Roxboro ALWAYS gets hit with a bunch of snow and ice
Like clockwork damn near every year, shit is just crazy, LOL :D

Roxboro is in a sweet spot for real. That area in general usually gets the shittiest of the weather.

arnoldwsimmons

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Texas has their own power grid, and is unregulated by the federal government. All other states are interconnected, meaning transmission lines are connected to supply power from one end of the country to the other. When you are not connected to a neighboring utility, you are fucked and on your own. This comes as a result of republican Texan politicians being in power, the same ones who want to secede from the union. They control regulatory bodies that favor industry over rationale and consumers. Until voters decide that they have had enough of this type of madness and suffering, you will see it happen again.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
2021 and these power companies still refuse to allow people to use alternative energy sources without some type of blow back.

They rather continue this outdated system instead of allowing people to rely on solar energy for these type of occasions.

NC was big on the solar panels until Duke Energy had a say so about it. A place like Texas should be one of the leading states for solar energy.

Greed.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

No...Texas singled itself out.
Stop trying to cape for them ninjas..
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/op...oesn-t-need-federal-interference-13776053.php

Also...
WASHINGTON - Former Texas governor Rick Perry suggests that going days without power is a sacrifice Texans should be willing to make if it means keeping federal regulators out of the state’s power grid.
In a blog posted on House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy's website, Perry is quoted responding to the claim that “those watching on the left may see the situation in Texas as an opportunity to expand their top-down, radical proposals.”

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm curious as to why the freezing rain occurs at above 32° when below it is the freezing point of water. And is the ground temperature lower to cause the rain to freeze on contact with the surface?

Temperatures are not uniform across the surface due to various elevation differences. Usually, the freezing rain starts collecting on higher elevated surfaces (i.e., treetops) then makes its way down. The rain itself can lower the ground temps over time to a freezing point because it’s pushing the cooler air downward.

I think that’s how I understood your question.

Last edited:

SVT

Rising Star
Registered
Temperatures are not uniform across the surface due to various elevation differences. Usually the the freezing rain starts collecting on higher elevated surfaces (i.e., tree tops) then makes its way down. The rain itself can lower the grown temps over time to a freezing point because it’s pushing the cooler air downward.

Damn u know this shit huh

Ecology ass niggu

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Temperatures are not uniform across the surface due to various elevation differences. Usually the the freezing rain starts collecting on higher elevated surfaces (i.e., tree tops) then makes its way down. The rain itself can lower the grown temps over time to a freezing point because it’s pushing the cooler air downward.

Yeah overall I was just a lil thrown off at freezing rain occurring at above freezing temps. The explanation for when it reaches the surface was definitely enlightening