More Winter For Texas The South Central US

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
149713255_271630027658449_7588208038791594516_o.jpg

MT Hermit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Downtown lit up like a muthafucka too. And man the car lines been so long on OST...I've never seen a Sonic with so many cars.

And so many videos of folks ceilings giving out because of pipes bursting. My uncle in Acres Homes shit just burst an hour ago.

in front of target right

shits crazy

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I see how Texas got fucked up. Places like Ohio are built to deal with snowstorms and extreme cold and shit still gets fucked up and slows down. Plow trucks literally run all night up here. Power outages happen with our snowstorms too, so I can just imagine places not ready.

But when shit goes out up here, no one gives a fuck. Just normal winter shit. :smh:

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Downtown lit up like a muthafucka too. And man the car lines been so long on OST...I've never seen a Sonic with so many cars.

And so many videos of folks ceilings giving out because of pipes bursting. My uncle in Acres Homes shit just burst an hour ago.
Holy shit a @kingleo sighting... what's good bro??

Anyways, I went out yesterday to get something to eat and the line for McDonald's trash ass food was long as fuck:

b7elVi2.jpg

And what's crazy is there's at least 5 more cars to my left that were in line also, just couldn't get them in the picture.... this is the McDonald's in Humble on 59 north bound side just before fm 1960

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I see how Texas got fucked up. Places like Ohio are built to deal with snowstorms and extreme cold and shit still gets fucked up and slows down. Plow trucks literally run all night up here. Power outages happen with our snowstorms too, so I can just imagine places not ready.

But when shit goes out up here, no one gives a fuck. Just normal winter shit. :smh:

Texas can handle heatwaves, droughts, wildfires, floods, hurricanes and tornadoes, but not extreme cold and snow/ice.

It just goes to show how multidimensional weather can be and how people react to it.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Is this in San Antonio? The sprinklers fucked up my neighbor's shit 2 apartments away. Also I know mofos ain't talking shit about quality construction? Niggas living in a closet with a roommate has zero room to criticize anything going on in Texas.
Man you should read the comments on that Twitter thread... :smh:

The dude that originally posted it, that's his sister's place that's messed up like that. People are literally going in on her furniture and all kinds of irrelevant bullshit about building code, climate change, etc.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
You've obliviously never been to Houston which is notorious for having some of the most oppressive humidity and heat in the United States. From mid April to Mid October the humidity is very thick so your argument makes no since at all.
I'm from NY & can co-sign this. Anywhere in the Gulf region has some humidity that makes me beyond irritable. It's terrible. NY summer humidity will have my pants clinging to my legs to the point where they look like leggings but Gulf humidity will have my forehead dripping and my back drenched the minute I open a door or window to outside while still standing in a room with A/C :smh:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
For my NC folks @cli-terminator @Dota @YoungSinister @CurtDawg @doe moe

Get ready for the ice.

The heaviest will be in the Piedmont area, especially the northern parts. This is a freezing rain event.
Not looking forward to it at all. I have no plans of leaving the house tomorrow but want to go to Fuquay on Friday morning for the release of the new Walther PDP pistol. Fuquay Gun & Gold is the only store listed for NC, on their website, that will be participating in their nationwide release. I have water, food & charcoal so I'm good on that front and more than enough layers to wear if I lose power so I can stay warm. I'll go gas up the car later on today.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
NC Folks

Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
1100 AM EST Wed Feb 17 2021

NCZ007>010-021>025-038-039-180400-
/O.CON.KRAH.WS.W.0004.210218T0500Z-210219T1200Z/
Person-Granville-Vance-Warren-Forsyth-Guilford-Alamance-Orange-
Durham-Davidson-Randolph-
Including the cities of Roxboro, Oxford, Creedmoor, Henderson,
Kittrell, Warrenton, Norlina, Winston-Salem, Greensboro,
High Point, Burlington, Graham, Mebane, Hillsborough,
Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Durham, Rougemont, Lexington, Thomasville,
Asheboro, and Archdale
1100 AM EST Wed Feb 17 2021

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT
TO 7 AM EST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Significant icing expected. Total ice accumulations of
one quarter to one half inch.

* WHERE...Portions of the northern Piedmont.

* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 7 AM EST Friday.

* IMPACTS...Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the
ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. The hazardous
conditions could impact morning and evening commutes.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.

The latest road conditions for North Carolina can be obtained by
visiting DriveNC.gov.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
‘The Weak Will Parish’: Texas Mayor Berates ‘Lazy’ Residents Amid Record Cold, Blackouts
Colorado City Mayor Tim Boyd has reportedly resigned, though it’s not clear if that was before he told residents, “No one owes you [and] your family anything.”

A western Texas mayor has reportedly told residents seeking help amid record-low temperatures and rolling blackouts to quit being “lazy” and that “only the strong will survive and the weak will parish [sic].”

Tim Boyd announced his resignation Tuesday after anger over his since-deleted Facebook post boiled over among residents of Colorado City, where temperatures have dipped into the teens. It was unclear whether he resigned before or after berating his constituents.

“No one owes you [and] your family anything; nor is it the local government’s responsibility to support you during trying times like this! Sink or swim it’s your choice!” he said in his post, according to local stations KTXS and KTAB/KRBC.

Boyd made another post hours later, stating that he had resigned and wanted to apologize for his language, though apparently not his message, which he said had been taken out of context.

“I won’t deny for one minute what I said in my post this morning,” he said. Boyd instead said he was sorry for “the wording and some of the phrases that were used” and that his crude dismissal did not apply to the elderly or to those “in true need of help.”

“I was only making the statement that those folks that are too lazy to get up and fend for themselves but are capable should not be dealt a handout,” he said.

He also suggested that he had resigned before posting his social media screed.
“I was speaking as a citizen as I am NOT THE MAYOR anymore,” he said.

Attempts to reach Boyd and the city for comment were not immediately successful Wednesday.

Boyd’s comments came as millions across the state continued to endure freezing temperatures that have killed at least 21 people as the state’s power grid struggles to supply adequate electricity, forcing some areas to go without power for hours or even more than a day.

As of Wednesday morning, roughly 2.4 million people remained without power across the state, according to online outage tracker poweroutage.us. Electricity companies have said it’s not yet known when full power may be restored.

Local authorities have meanwhile urged residents not to use fuel-burning heat sources that create carbon monoxide indoors. These devices, including grills, stoves, gas generators and car engines, have been blamed for at least two deaths and several hospitalizations this week. In one such case, a Houston family of four is believed to have been poisoned after leaving a car running in their home’s attached garage to create heat, killing two of them.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that can build up indoors and poison people and animals who breathe it in. Breathing in a lot of the gas can cause a person to pass out or die. Those who are sleeping or drunk may not realize they are being poisoned before it’s too late, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.