EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Ohhhhhh ok I missed that. I was gonna say that's wild as hell for Jericho to say...I expect WWE to say something stupid like that though.
Then again, AEW did have their Women's Champion feuding with a zombie (Abadon) a few month's ago, so even if Jericho was talking trash about WWEs Zombie match, at least that was entertaining, whereas the whole Abadon thing was just cringeworthy....

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Then again, AEW did have their Women's Champion feuding with a zombie (Abadon) a few month's ago, so even if Jericho was talking trash about WWEs Zombie match, at least that was entertaining, whereas the whole Abadon thing was just cringeworthy....
Then again they had an Undertaker reigning havoc for over 30 years....

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The zombie/horror wrestling stuff works best as a cinematic match, but last nights actually worked well for what it was.

Undertaker and Kane stories would have worked great if they did cinematic matches throughout their runs.

Same thing with Bray Wyatt.

Would have been the same thing had AEW went that route with Abadon. They tried to keep it straight as a wrestling gimmick but that shit doesn't always work so well nowadays.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
The zombie/horror wrestling stuff works best as a cinematic match, but last nights actually worked well for what it was.

Undertaker and Kane stories would have worked great if they did cinematic matches throughout their runs.

Same thing with Bray Wyatt.

Would have been the same thing had AEW went that route with Abadon. They tried to keep it straight as a wrestling gimmick but that shit doesn't always work so well nowadays.
I think they are starting to realize it, but again it takes time..

...Also, how did Katie Vick work out??

:lol:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Undertaker and Kane worked.

Did Abadon...? I don't think so.

Cause they aren't trying to make it seem like that gimmick is real. The gimmick is more a lifestyle like the image of a musician (unless you're Prince) I don't know why Abadon, didn't work. I have a soft spot in my heart just for the name Abadon (video game character that was never released) I wanted to see more of her, but like you have said that woman's division is SUPER green and for whatever reason she wasn't on TV again. Also women wrestlers aren't going to get that level of "disbelief" from the public that men are. You add that to how green she was, it was gonna go nowhere.

And lets not act like WWE doesn't cart Boogeyman out once a year to fill his mouth full of worms and hit himself over the head with an alarm clock. Or how Finn could transform into "The Demon", Bray and the Demon Kid. Sometimes somethings stick for WHATEVER reason, other times... not so much!

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Fell asleep on that muthafucka today.....I wanted to care but I couldn't. I guess because I never heard or seen this dude and only shit he seem to be good for is bashing his dumb ass head in...I was more interested in John Moxley then I was in his own shit.....
Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of the guy, so I'll probably skip it and delete it off my DVR.

I can appreciate stiff wrestling, I can appreciate wrestlers who get bloody but I'm not, nor have I ever been impressed by these motherfuckers who go off script and start seriously hurting their opponents just for a pop.

It's wrestling, your "opponent" is actually more of your co-star or co-worker and you and him or her work together to put on a performance. If you want to shoot on somebody, head over to UFC, Bellator some other shoot fighting promotion.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Cause they aren't trying to make it seem like that gimmick is real. The gimmick is more a lifestyle like the image of a musician (unless you're Prince) I don't know why Abadon, didn't work. I have a soft spot in my heart just for the name Abadon (video game character that was never released) I wanted to see more of her, but like you have said that woman's division is SUPER green and for whatever reason she wasn't on TV again. Also women wrestlers aren't going to get that level of "disbelief" from the public that men are. You add that to how green she was, it was gonna go nowhere.

And lets not act like WWE doesn't cart Boogeyman out once a year to fill his mouth full of worms and hit himself over the head with an alarm clock. Or how Finn could transform into "The Demon", Bray and the Demon Kid. Sometimes somethings stick for WHATEVER reason, other times... not so much!

And let's not forget that Papa Shango was voted one of the worst gimmicks of all-time. But lord forbid AEW tries to get one supernatural character over and she didn't end up being Taker after one TV feud.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
And let's not forget that Papa Shango was voted one of the worst gimmicks of all-time. But lord forbid AEW tries to get one supernatural character over and she didn't end up being Taker after one TV feud.
AEW is two to three years in and they just got their first #1 rating on TNT ever.

How long did it take the WWE to get it... How many did they have since day one?

I'm patient for AEW to make mistakes and make history.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
AEW is two to three years in and they just got their first #1 rating on TNT ever.

How long did it take the WWE to get it... How many did they have since day one?

I'm patient for AEW to make mistakes and make history.
They pop a good rating and then immediately the rating goes down. AEW got a 0.42 ratingfor the show with the Blood and Guts match. Raw was getting a2.5 rating from the inception of Monday Night Raw. It's cool to see a 2nd major company but AEW needs to get some continuity in their stories(i.e. Scorpio Sky and SCU) without rehashing the same things over and over like someone getting jumped after every match. And also not jacking old WWE angles like the champagne being sprayed in the ring and dropping liquids from the ceiling. Or having the same 15 minute acrobatic extravaganzas damn near every week and every match.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And why move Dynamite from TNT. The names of the show and network are literally tied together.

Why not have Rampage be the show that airs on TBS.

Weird.
Yeah, I don't quite get the move either. TBS is the lesser station on the Turner hierarchy, no matter how you look at it.
Moving your flagship show there doesn't make any sense to me.

ScottyPiffen745

Registered
I guess they don't want to make Rampage seem like a B-show, otherwise I think they would've just put one of the Dark shows on TBS.

Turner probably wants a flagship show on both TBS and TNT, like they want Dynamite's audience specifically to also watch TBS, but have something for them on TNT.

So I imagine Rampage is going to be treated as a big deal. Considering it's going to come on after Smackdown, it's gonna kinda have to be. Because as Raw is a testament to, 3 hours of wrestling on a weeknight can be a chore to watch.

But then again, Raw is trash, and SD would be trash if it did not have the luxury of being carried by the Roman storyline, so if AEW could come with an entertaining block of programming after that, it might not be so bad for the viewers.

Rampage shouldn't be something that drags, or has a bunch of jobber matches, or highlights, otherwise it probably won't do Dynamite numbers.

I don't know how often Impact has Saturday night PPVs, but I think AEW should've tried maybe a Saturday night show, tho.

ScottyPiffen745

Registered
I think they are starting to realize it, but again it takes time..

...Also, how did Katie Vick work out??

:lol:

Actually, looking back, they really fucked up Bray.

From the shitty HIAC match non-finish with Seth, to the Swamp match with Braun, to getting squashed by Oldberg at the Saudi show for the championship, to now not even being on TV and giving a cheesy, bastardized version of the gimmick to Alexa.

The Cena match and the debut match with Balor was probably that gimmick's only high points.

It's hard to call it a success. It was an interesting character, but they booked him like absolute shit.

bluemoon

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I guess they don't want to make Rampage seem like a B-show, otherwise I think they would've just put one of the Dark shows on TBS.

Turner probably wants a flagship show on both TBS and TNT, like they want Dynamite's audience specifically to also watch TBS, but have something for them on TNT.

So I imagine Rampage is going to be treated as a big deal. Considering it's going to come on after Smackdown, it's gonna kinda have to be. Because as Raw is a testament to, 3 hours of wrestling on a weeknight can be a chore to watch.

But then again, Raw is trash, and SD would be trash if it did not have the luxury of being carried by the Roman storyline, so if AEW could come with an entertaining block of programming after that, it might not be so bad for the viewers.

Rampage shouldn't be something that drags, or has a bunch of jobber matches, or highlights, otherwise it probably won't do Dynamite numbers.

I don't know how often Impact has Saturday night PPVs, but I think AEW should've tried maybe a Saturday night show, tho.
[TO

In interview earlier today, Tony Khan hyped that Rampage will not be a "B" show but rather an extended hour of Dynamite. Rampage will debut on TNT this year, then both shows will migrate over to TBS in 2022. I've read that TBS has 1 million more subscribers than TNT so it seems like a win. Plus TNT will have more games next year with the NHL, NBA and MLB, the move will provide a consistent schedule.