EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Blood & Guts was a decent match but the finish with the fake ass cardboard metal floor kind of took me out of the ending.

I mentioned it before, but AEW camera men/directors always take shitty angles exposing too much of the business.

Entertaining match but the ending/bump almost ruined it.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
..but al in all the show was awesome....

As awful as the WWE shows has been for months......AEW gets a pass at the ending.

How you fuckup the Fiend???
Nah. No passes given.

AEW botched the ending of that exploding ring finish on their last PPV. Now they botch the ending of Blood and Guts.

AEW needs to own their criticism, not given benefit of doubt because of what the other guys are doing.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor

As awful as the WWE shows has been for months......AEW gets a pass at the ending.

Take the most creative character you've had in the last 5 years, have him make two appearances in 6 months, and give a bastardized version of the gimmick to a white girl who also hasn't wrestled but twice within the last 6 months.

That'll do it.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Nah. No passes given.

AEW botched the ending of that exploding ring finish on their last PPV. Now they botch the ending of Blood and Guts.

AEW needs to own their criticism, not given benefit of doubt because of what the other guys are doing.
85% of the show was good..
15% was the commercials, a bit of the tornado tag team and the ending.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Nah. No passes given.

I agree a bit though..

Vince always said..."It's about how you end the show.."

WWE should follow that advice too....

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
The commercials fucked it up more than anything. Commercials during important spots.

The only two things I have about the ending is:

1) obviously they should've concealed the crash pad better, or camouflaged it to make it look like the regular stage to make it look like he would've fall flat on the stage if he was thrown off

2) the other guys should've been outside the ring fighting and Sammy was the only one who could break away in time to do the surrender spot.

I think those two things would've made it a little more dramatic.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the match and it was booked well. Sammy's Spanish Fly and Rey Mysterio spot was dope.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

The Fiend has been fucked up ever since they had him challenge Seth Rollins for the title and they started with the red horror lighting amongst other things. It's just gotten more and more Sci-Fi network ish over time.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That fake ass cardboard shit they did on that Jericho fall is criminal.....

AEW is live? They don't need to be live if they are having issues with camera angels and shit. That's something that could've been fixed in post with just a different angle.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
AEW's still a young company, tho, like production-wise. WWE's early stunts probably looked just as shitty. It takes learning from experiences like these to master how to properly hide that shit.

You can only get that experience from fucking up the shit live because there aren't a lot of TV shows that do live pre-planned stunts so it's hard to get personnel who can produce a WWE production-level of a wrestling show. And I doubt Cody and them was just ghosting in the WWE production truck learning how to pick the right camera angles and shit.

They just gotta chalk that shit up to trial and error.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
AEW's still a young company, tho, like production-wise. WWE's early stunts probably looked just as shitty. It takes learning from experiences like these to master how to properly hide that shit.
Young company but damn near their entire staff is full of WWE/Wrestling veterans.

Veterans who by this time know how television works.

They should have known better.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
Young company but damn near their entire staff is full of WWE/Wrestling veterans.

Veterans who by this time know how television works.

WRESTLERS. Not veteran camera men, not veteran film directors, not veteran executive producers or assistants, not veteran production staff, but wrestlers.

Producing a show and acting/wrestling on a show are two different things.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
WRESTLERS. Not veteran camera men, not veteran film directors, not veteran executive producers or assistants, not veteran production staff, but wrestlers.

Producing a show and acting/wrestling on a show are two different things.
Wrestlers that have spent time in WWE become producers and get hands on experience with the TV production side of the house. They just do. It's why you can tell when someone is an Indy wrestler and lost on camera versus a known talent who has TV experience.

Look, I work in television.

I've worked with (Independent) wrestlers.

People who are at the TNT Live Weekly TV level are Veterans at their craft and should known better.

It's not like TNT hasn't produced wrestling shows in the past.

Just because AEW is a young promotion, the people producing the show and calling the shots in the control room didn't come from the indy scene like most of their talent.

Call it what it is, they fucked up.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
Wrestlers that have spent time in WWE become producers and get hands on experience with the TV production side of the house. They just do. It's why you can tell when someone is an Indy wrestler and lost on camera versus a known talent who has TV experience.

People who are at the TNT Live Weekly TV level are Veterans at their craft and should known better.

Just because AEW is a young promotion, the people producing the show and calling the shots in the control room didn't come from the indy scene like most of their talent.

I ain't saying they didn't fuck up, I'm saying that they gotta learn from their fuck-ups to get better, and that's only gonna come with time.

You're the one acting like they shouldn't be fucking up at all because they have a few WWE wrestlers on payroll.

Which is asinine when WWE and all their veteran production staff and wrestlers have plenty of their own production botches and fuck ups, too.

Just over the last few months:
  • Adam Pearce's mic going out during an important promo to one of those Roman/Owens matches at the end of SD.
  • I think it was the finish of that very match where Roman was handcuffed and it took forever for Heyman to get Roman unlocked so they could finish the match because the cuffs were upside down.
  • The PPV before WM, Big E and Apollo's match had a botched finish, they never once showed a replay of it.
  • The last HHH vs. Orton match, HHH was bleeding before they did the sledgehammer on fire spot, but they pre-taped that spot, so they had to air it despite it looking like HHH never bled at all.
  • Toni Storm had a match where she was about to do an announcer's table spot, and before she even touched the table, it fell apart.
When WWE fucks up tho, it's not a big deal, but AEW, they should just know better.

And even if they had the entire WCW production staff, that shit was 20 years ago!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I ain't saying they didn't fuck up, I'm saying that they gotta learn from their fuck-ups to get better, and that's only gonna come with time.

You're the one acting like they shouldn't be fucking up at all because they have a few WWE wrestlers on payroll.

Which is asinine when WWE and all their veteran production staff and wrestlers have plenty of their own production botches and fuck ups, too.

Just over the last few months:
  • Adam Pearce's mic going out during an important promo to one of those Roman/Owens matches at the end of SD.
  • I think it was the finish of that very match where Roman was handcuffed and it took forever for Heyman to get Roman unlocked so they could finish the match because the cuffs were upside down.
  • The PPV before WM, Big E and Apollo's match had a botched finish, they never once showed a replay of it.
  • The last HHH vs. Orton match, HHH was bleeding before they did the sledgehammer on fire spot, but they pre-taped that spot, so they had to air it despite it looking like HHH never bled at all.
  • Toni Storm had a match where she was about to do an announcer's table spot, and before she even touched the table, it fell apart.
When WWE fucks up tho, it's not a big deal, but AEW, they should just know better.

And even if they had the entire WCW production staff, that shit was 20 years ago!
I'm talking two big fuck ups at the end of their last two big events.

That's glaring and shouldn't be happening at this level.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm talking two big fuck ups at the end of their last two big events.

That's glaring and shouldn't be happening at this level.
They've actually had a couple of them. But since they don't run a big even every month, people tend to forget about them.

I remember a few years ago HHH said NXT existed to not only train new in-ring talent, but production talent as well. AEW needs to start looking at some of them if the guys they have now don't know how to film a wrestling match.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah I can’t speak on what AEW is but they aren’t running their business on the fly. They have veterans who have been in the business and I’d expect for them to have veterans behind the show as well. Even if they were rookies that doesn’t mean they didn’t fuck up.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
They've actually had a couple of them. But since they don't run a big even every month, people tend to forget about them.

I remember a few years ago HHH said NXT existed to not only train new in-ring talent, but production talent as well. AEW needs to start looking at some of them if the guys they have now don't know how to film a wrestling match.
They have two YouTube shows for that.