EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Has he ever been that good at promo's? I can't think of a time that Cody cut a good promo. Now Stardust and Scarface Cody cut some really good promos.
I can't take anyone with a lisp (outside of Iron Mike) serious when they're cutting a promo.

Best promo Cody ever dropped (in my opinion) was when he and Dustin got bloody and he asked his brother to be his partner at one of AEWs early events.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Has he ever been that good at promo's? I can't think of a time that Cody cut a good promo. Now Stardust and Scarface Cody cut some really good promos.

He got a lot of praise for this promo

He can make them, but the one he cut last night was too forced because it didn't really match the story.

I think he wrote it in reverse because it was like he knew he wanted to sell the match on "instead of the American Nightmare, for this one match only, I'm gonna be the American Dream"

But in order to get there, they had to quickly insert this "foreigner that hates America" story over the last week or so. And the other guy hasn't really done enough for people to be like "Cody, whip his ass for America!", so he had to play up the America pride shit. And it kinda undermined the story arc they had already going with Ogogo breaking off from the Nightmare Family by joining QT Marshall and beating them all up.

It was a crammed episode overall because TNT's about to do the NBA playoffs and Dynamite's going to end up on different days and times before Double or Nothing, so some of the main storylines feel a bit rushed.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I wonder if her Twitch Stream money dried up or if it wasn't as much as she anticipated she'd be making.....

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wonder if her Twitch Stream money dried up or if it wasn't as much as she anticipated she'd be making.....

She should have stop playing games on OF. She could have made great money but you not wearing cosplay outfits.

Pipe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He got a lot of praise for this promo

He can make them, but the one he cut last night was too forced because it didn't really match the story.

I think he wrote it in reverse because it was like he knew he wanted to sell the match on "instead of the American Nightmare, for this one match only, I'm gonna be the American Dream"

But in order to get there, they had to quickly insert this "foreigner that hates America" story over the last week or so. And the other guy hasn't really done enough for people to be like "Cody, whip his ass for America!", so he had to play up the America pride shit. And it kinda undermined the story arc they had already going with Ogogo breaking off from the Nightmare Family by joining QT Marshall and beating them all up.

It was a crammed episode overall because TNT's about to do the NBA playoffs and Dynamite's going to end up on different days and times before Double or Nothing, so some of the main storylines feel a bit rushed.

I think he just wears too many hats now and can't focus primarily on being a performer. It took his dad a while to figure out how to perform and book simultaneously also, and he had already completely developed his mic skills by that point.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Nick Gage, Dark Side of the Ring episode is boring.

Fell asleep on that muthafucka today.....I wanted to care but I couldn't. I guess because I never heard or seen this dude and only shit he seem to be good for is bashing his dumb ass head in...I was more interested in John Moxley then I was in his own shit.....

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Watched some of last nights show. The Reigns/Cesaro match and the Lashley/Drew/Strowman matches were entertaining.

Glad they kept the belt on Lashley, hope he carries it throughout the end of summer.

I really want to see how crowds react to The Hurt Business and Roman Reigns.

It really looks like they will eventually pull the trigger on Cesaro. He had a very good match against Reigns and looked strong even though he lost.

By this time next year, I can see him holding a title.

That said, where the hell is Mr. Limitless?

Keith Lee has been completley absent. Damn, so much potential and creative has nothing for him.....

Last edited:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of the guy, so I'll probably skip it and delete it off my DVR.
I finally got around to finishing it.....

I think the issue here is that this dude is just boring. He's nothing special. His story is nothing special. In comparison....there's probably not much different in his story than New Jack's. But New Jack was just far more interesting as a person.

This dude just comes across as a uninteresting lunatic.