Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
Man, I said the same thing, but i like to know why people have been asking for him....

This it's a short documentary about him and his journey..

I like stories about the underdog and their journeys and would fit in with AEW....shit this new generation would fit in along with those that do not fit the WWE mold.W

When i first saw Orange Cassidy, i felt the same way because i felt like there was more to him than the lazy kicks and then weeks later his match with PAC showed what was missing in wrestling.....originality and freshness done right.

Like the motorcycle helmet wearing man that appeared John Cena at One night Stand which turned out to be Edge.

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Man, I said the same thing, but i like to know why people have been asking for him....

I like stories about the underdog and their journeys and would fit in with AEW....shit this new generation would fit in along with those that do not fit the WWE mold.W

When i first saw Orange Cassidy, i felt the same way because i felt like there was more to him than the lazy kicks and then weeks later his match with PAC showed what was missing in wrestling.....originality and freshness done right.

Like the motorcycle helmet wearing man that appeared John Cena at One night Stand which turned out to be Edge.

Yeah I was wondering what oc's point was, he reminded me of Lil kids that realized they had pockets and just walked around with their hands in their pockets. I did not get it at all. I honestly still don't.

I like the boring omega and I'm hoping for a new personality now

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I posted that match a few pages back. Kairi was in that match also. I really wish WWE would let them be themselves and stop holding them back, Asuka, Io, and Kairi as a new version of the Triple Tails would be a good stable....but, they aren't blonde so....
Well Kairi is leaving and it looks like the screwed Asuka over (again) on her RAW title run. Once Charlotte is back is back from injury you just know they're going to go right back to her.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Well Kairi is leaving and it looks like the screwed Asuka over (again) on her RAW title run. Once Charlotte is back is back from injury you just know they're going to go right back to her.
Charlotte won't be back til Royal Rumble time.

Asuka at least has had runs with the titles.

Sasha wins them and loses them the next night.

No one has gotten screwed more than Sasha.

Asuka has had decent runs with the belt, but I could see Sasha beating her for it, to create the two woman power trip of Sasha/Bayley holding all the women's gold.

Honestly hope that happens.

I like Asuka but never really got invested in her character, in NXT or the main roster.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

I was ready to get behind him when I saw an image. Thought he was Native American on some Tatanka shit...

He's just a heavy metal listening CAC who believes he's Viking like those other CACs in WWE.

Meh...boring. Tired of fake ass Vikings.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Asuka has had decent runs with the belt, but I could see Sasha beating her for it, to create the two woman power trip of Sasha/Bayley holding all the women's gold.

I like Asuka but never really got invested in her character, in NXT or the main roster.
Yeah, Sasha has been screwed over in favor of Charlotte, Alexa and later Becky. I know she had some injuries and later took some time off and ent to Japan to train.

The thing with Asuka is on the main roster, she's never had a storyline or a proper feud. In WWE that's key since it's a storyline driven promotion. She's always used as a placeholder for a title when they can't decide what to do next.

WWE just don't know how to write characters. They're too inconsistent and forget about continuity.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
WWE just don't know how to write characters. They're too inconsistent and forget about continuity
Though I agree with you, WWE writers are shit, Asuka has never really done herself any favors with her character either.

It hasn't changed one bit.

Her character just doesn't translate well here. Could be the theatrics, language barriers or whatever.

Same with Shinsuke Nakamura.

They are great talents, but a wrestler's success is one part WWE writers, second part wrestler.

A wrestler's talent will outshine poor writing.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Though I agree with you, WWE writers are shit, Asuka has never really done herself any favors with her character either.

Her character just doesn't translate well here. Could be the theatrics, language barriers or whatever.

They are great talents, but a wrestler's success is one part WWE writers, second part wrestler.

Someone on Reddit made the comment that Japanese wrestlers will always hit a ceiling in the WWE. They'll be popular and make money, but never to the same heights as the American talents who are super over. I think Asuka has hit that ceiling. Her Japanese promos are great but WWE doesn't even put them up on their main feeds. I think now she's in the category with Natalya, a good hand who you can trust in the ring, who'll get a title run every once in awhile, but not the face of the division.

Nakamura is just chilling, surfing and making money. He don't give a fuck about wrestling at 100% no more :lol:

Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
I was ready to get behind him when I saw an image. Thought he was Native American on some Tatanka shit...

He's just a heavy metal listening CAC who believes he's Viking like those other CACs in WWE.

Meh...boring. Tired of fake ass Vikings.
LOL....i hear you, but if the personality shines on the show...at least it'll be entertaining

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sasha should win the Raw Women's title. However at the next pay per view you have them drop the Tag team titles to an up and coming tag team duo of Bianca Belair/Naomi (WWE lurker make this happen) or Asuka/Sane or Lacey Evans/Chelsea Green. This will create the Friction they want for a Bayley/Sasha Feud after losing the match they both blame each other on the loss and claim that they were the real reason for the team success, This will set up a series of matches on each Brand and culminate with Winner Take All Match at Survivor Series.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor

Asuka on NXT is different than the main roster. She was not eccentric, she was not losing to people like Carmela or Alexa (hell she wasn't losing at all) once that had her lose to Vinces favorite blonde, shit hasn't been the same for her since. They took her from badass to comedy...Hell even when they teamed her and Kairi up, that team ended up being totally different from the time they put them together and were dominating, to putting the tag titles on them and making them look weak, especially Kairi. How do you take her from beating Shayna for the NXT title, to being a joke on the main roster....their writers and creative team are shit.

Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
Asuka on NXT is different than the main roster. She was not eccentric, she was not losing to people like Carmela or Alexa (hell she wasn't losing at all) once that had her lose to Vinces favorite blonde, shit hasn't been the same for her since. They took her from badass to comedy...Hell even when they teamed her and Kairi up, that team ended up being totally different from the time they put them together and were dominating, to putting the tag titles on them and making them look weak, especially Kairi. How do you take her from beating Shayna for the NXT title, to being a joke on the main roster....their writers and creative team are shit.
I think even if Vince leaves or passes on..either someone is going to make the show more like NXT (which isn't a bad thing...and i'm speaking of Triple H's NXT) or someone will keep the show alive just like it is nowconcerning booking.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/wwe-is-doing-a-new-version-of-the-nation-of-domination/

The-Nation-Of-Domination.jpg

In early May, WrestlingNews.co exclusively reported that there were plans for MVP to be the manager of a new stable.

The group is starting to come together with Shelton Benjamin officially added on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw.

WWE Hall Of Famer Ron Simmons appeared this week in a backstage segment with MVP and Bobby Lashley. Simmons was there to tell them that “there’s a better way.” In other words, Simmons has seen the error of his ways and he doesn’t want MVP’s crew to go down the same path.

Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that the plan has been to revive the Nation of Domination, or something similar to the late 90s group.

Meltzer said, “there was an idea. I don’t know if it was dropped [but] originally it was going to be on the show for a revamping of the Nation of Domination and Ron Simmons was going to be part of that angle but they dropped that angle for this show. They may be building to it later [or] they may have dropped it completely. But they had brought him in for that angle so therefore, that’s why he was on television.”

WrestlingNews.co was told that the idea that was pitched was to do something that would be a mix between NOD and the Beat Down Clan stable from Impact Wrestling. MVP and Bobby Lashley were part of the BDC when they worked for Impact.

When the idea for the stable was first pitched a couple of months ago, the idea was for Apollo Crews to turn heel and join MVP.

giphy.gif
I positive there's a WWE mole in this Thread and I love that they are using ideas from it.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
I think even if Vince leaves or passes on..either someone is going to make the show more like NXT (which isn't a bad thing...and i'm speaking of Triple H's NXT) or someone will keep the show alive just like it is nowconcerning booking.
I look at the Smackdown when everyone was "stuck" in Saudia Arabia as hope for the future.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
There was a post on Reddit I meant to share some days ago but anyway the Nation Of Domination is being held off or possibly nixed entirely due to the current state of the world. Stated it would be incredibly tone deaf for WWE to run the angle right now.

Last edited:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There was a post on Reddit I meant to share some days ago but anyway the Nation Of Domination is being held off or possibly nixed entirely due to the current state of the world. Stated it would be incredibly tone death for WWE to run the angle right now.
I feel now would actually be the PERFECT time to try a new NOD type of angle/faction.
They could do it without worrying about how the crowds will receive the promos, since there are no crowds.
They would only have to worry about social media backlash.
But I get it, WWE is only concerned about their sponsors and stockholders and wants to avoid any kind of perceived controversy.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I don't know who the fuck this guy is or any of the other challengers have been.
AEW comes off too much like a well-funded indy promotion at times.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Shit..gotta start from somewhere....

No one knew who this guy was either...

wwf_survivorseries96_rockymaivia.jpg
Rocky Maiavia/The Rock was a WWF creation. He was never, to my knowledge, on the independent circuit.

Rock spent his whole life in the WWF system. He's probably their first homegrown superstar when you think about it.

A lot of these Indy wrestlers on AEW are literally learning the ropes, what with how to appear on television. Many of them are not TV stars and should continue starving on the Indy scene.

I want to like AEW but they kill me whenever they bring on these Indy wrestlers and try to force them onto TV audiences as if they are legit stars, when in reality, they were wrestling at the local fair grounds just a few weeks ago.

The same thing that happened to Hammer will happen to AEW. Hammer tried to bring all his people on tour with him, gave them jobs and shit and eventually ran out money.

The Young Bucks and others in charge over there are trying to bring all their indy scene friends with them when they are not ready.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit..gotta start from somewhere....

No one knew who this guy was either...

wwf_survivorseries96_rockymaivia.jpg
LOL, no offense but you can't compare Rocky (even when he first broke into the business) with most of these guys.
The Rock at least had the look of a superstar.
Just had to find the right gimmick, which was pretty much being himself with the volume turned up.
Most of these AEW guys are my size or even smaller with no charisma.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
LOL, no offense but you can't compare Rocky (even when he first broke into the business) with most of these guys.
The Rock at least had the look of a superstar.
Just had to find the right gimmick, which was pretty much being himself with the volume turned up.
Most of these AEW guys are my size or even smaller with no charisma.
Marko Stunt.

AEW literally wants audiences to suspend belief with Marko Stunt at times