Mike Tyson talks him VS Ali

Big Philly

Rising Star
Registered
Didn't Ali fight cans as well?

Yet Tyson destroyed his cans and was never knocked down by a can.

Chuck wepner, henry cooper, old ass rocky marciano cans.......he got knocked down by cans Tyson didn't.

he got dropped by 3 cacs? :lol:
3 strikes you out :lol:

I really don't even want to argue with people who don't know what's going on but Henry Cooper was a great fighter who's only losses were to Ali twice, Floyd Patterson and Sonny Liston. Chuck Wepner stepped on Ali's foot and pushed him down and the referee, who allowed Wepner to foul Ali the entire fight, called it a knockdown. Ali never fought Marciano.

Big Philly

Rising Star
Registered
Tyson would DESTROY Joe F..yet he beat Ali..TYSON would KO Norton yet He ALSO beat Ali..TYSON was a Quicker..Faster Fighter and with MORE power than Joe and in BOTH hands not just his left hook. IMO Mike would have beat ALI at the time Joe did.then Ali wins the rematch AND rubber match but NOBODY beats Ali pre Three year layoff..NO One!

The Ali that lost to Norton and Frazier is not the Ali in his prime. He fought all those guys after he was out of the game for 3 and a half years. The Ali that fought Cleveland Williams could beat any heavyweight on any night.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
What about my question is silly? Ok smart ass then I guess you'd also say Holyfield would have beaten Ali then huh? LOOK man I don't know what's got you acting like I started this thread but I didn't I was just saying that HEY if JOE FRAZIER beat Ali Once then maybe...just MAYBE Tyson would ALSO have had a great chance at beating him at the time Joe did CUZ IMO TYSON was better than Frazier. The Style of fighting that Frazier uses...TYSON is better at it..How in the FUCK can you say that Frazier would/could have beaten Tyson the same way Holyfield did when JOE employs a Tyson style of fighting that TYSON is better at? EVERY fight Ali EVER had trouble in was 99.9% from a fucking Left Hook..Cooper and Joe BOTH floored Ali with a Left Hook fool..so here's the question I put to you..Do EITHER of those fighters have a Better,Faster more Powerful left hook than Tyson? FUCK NO! yet they Both landed their Left hook on Ali Over and OVER again..WHY NOT TYSON'S?..it's Faster,Quicker More powerful and less telegraphed.I never said Tyson was Better than Ali aight I just feel that on any given night He too might have beaten Ali just as Norton and Frazier did..now If you refuse to except that possibility i'm done talking about it with you mna mean

Holyfield would have a better chance of beating Ali than Tyson. I dunno why you asked that question as if it were out of this world, when you think Tyson could've.

Holyfield BEAT Tyson TWICE-

Buster Douglass BEAT Tyson

Lennox Lewis BEAT Tyson.

Tyson has NO wins over anyone who was world class in their prime. NO ONE.

If you think Tyson was better than Frazier, I dunno know what to tell you.

Big Philly

Rising Star
Registered
NO excuses just REASONS dude REASONS..ONE did Ali ever NOT have angelo dundee in his corner? did he ever DIE when he needed him the most..C'mon man if you are a true boxing fan the you know good and damn well tyson was NOT the same fighter after cus died now if you won't admit this then your erroneous

Dundee trained Ali and Jimmy Ellis and when the two fought Dundee was in Ellis' corner. The difference between the two is like the difference between PET and Archbishop Carroll. PET and Ali won fights where they got in trouble. Carroll and Tyson lost every time someone gave them a good fight.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Holyfield would have a better chance of beating Ali than Tyson. I dunno why you asked that question as if it were out of this world, when you think Tyson could've.

Holyfield BEAT Tyson TWICE-

Buster Douglass BEAT Tyson

Lennox Lewis BEAT Tyson.

Tyson has NO wins over anyone who was world class in their prime. NO ONE.

If you think Tyson was better than Frazier, I dunno know what to tell you.
Did Lennox beat Tyson in his Prime? Did Holyfield beat a PRIME TYSON? what's da name of that shit you sniffin kid:confused:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Did Lennox beat Tyson in his Prime? Did Holyfield beat a PRIME TYSON? what's da name of that shit you sniffin kid:confused:

he was 30. If someone is out of their prime by the time they're 30 then I dunno what a prime is.

He came out of jail and beat a few guys. Everyone was saying TYSONS BACK! Then he's getting his ass kicked by Holyfield, and bites his ear. THEN he's all of a sudden not in his prime. You guys...

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dundee trained Ali and Jimmy Ellis and when the two fought Dundee was in Ellis' corner. The difference between the two is like the difference between PET and Archbishop Carroll. PET and Ali won fights where they got in trouble. Carroll and Tyson lost every time someone gave them a good fight.
And your saying this to say what and to Whom? what is your debate? or are you just talking to be in this thread? I was making a point that IMO Tyson would have had a damn good chance and beating Ali..................((((((WHEN Frazier did))))))) do you AGREE/Dissagree with my statement or what?...whats YOUR point?

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he was 30. If someone is out of their prime by the time they're 30 then I dunno what a prime is.

He came out of jail and beat a few guys. Everyone was saying TYSONS BACK! Then he's getting his ass kicked by Holyfield, and bites his ear. THEN he's all of a sudden not in his prime. You guys...
Wow..so you have to be OLD to be out of your Prime FIGHTING FORM huh..how old are you and how long have you been watching and UNDERSTANDING boxing?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Wow..so you have to be OLD to be out of your Prime FIGHTING FORM huh..how old are you and how long have you been watching and UNDERSTANDING boxing?

Lmao you're tryin really hard. You define someone's prime as only when they're winning, but I'm the novice huh?

When Tyson came out and beat peter mcneeley, buster Mathis , Frank Bruno, etc, all the Tyson fans weren't saying he wasn't in his prime at all. For some reason he wouldn't fight Lennox Lewis then, and they stripped him of his title.

Only once he lost to Holyfield then it's all "he's not in his prime anymore"

Lmao.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
It would be interesting.

Tyson hasn't been right since Don King got his hands on him. Tyson lost his prime on that bean pie shit King put in his head.

Had Tyson avoided the bean pie, fake black militant shit of Don King, there is no telling what would have happened. He could have beat Douglas, not caught that rape case and finished Holyfield in 92, and then beat Bowe and Lewis.

But we will never know, and Tyson will always be remember by the poisoned version given to us by Don King. :smh: :smh:

A lot of people love Pac. They argue Pac got himself killed being young and stupid. That he would have been great with the right supporting cast. The right role models.

What about Tyson? Don King was Suge Knight times 100 to Tyson.

Ballhandler

Support BGOL
Registered
Why is it that Evander and Lennox's names never come up in these comparisons. Why because they were not as good as Mike point blank. They fought an unfocused Mike. They were around pre jail and those fights would have made them tons of money why not fight. I guess Tyson was scared to fight them...gtfoh. Man those dudes clearly ducked him.

But to the OP the fact that both of them say the other would win gives you some insight as to what they felt of the others skills. But in heavyweight boxing one punch can be lights out.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Replying to an earlier post- I put up the Floyd Patterson v Ali because despite what you said - Tyson and Patterson had the same style - Tyson was just stronger and faster (when he was younger) but it was the same style and styles make fights. Cus knew it, Jimmy Jacobs knew it and Kevin Rooney knew it and they put fighters in front of Mike early on that was perfect for his style - Don King didnt give a fuck about it and put anyone in front of Mike including a big tall rangy Fellow named Buster Douglas - and, what a younger Larry Holmes would've done and definitely what Ali would have easily done and that is jabbed and uppercut Tyson to death and lets not forget Ali's hand and feet speed. Tyson saw no one like Ali but Ali saw and fought a lot of Tysons.

ali-shuffle-o.gif

tumblr_my6hqgxdz51s9qyxvo1_400.gif

itx8hExtmzNT2.gif

the classic
253F7D3F52AA659B2202E8

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Replying to an earlier post- I put up the Floyd Patterson v Ali because despite what you said - Tyson and Patterson had the same style - Tyson was just stronger and faster (when he was younger) but it was the same style and styles make fights. Cus knew it, Jimmy Jacobs knew it and Kevin Rooney knew it and they put fighters in front of Mike early on that was perfect for his style - Don King didnt give a fuck about it and put anyone in front of Mike including a big tall rangy Fellow named Buster Douglas - and, what a younger Larry Holmes would've done and definitely what Ali would have easily done and that is jabbed and uppercut Tyson to death and lets not forget Ali's hand and feet speed. Tyson saw no one like Ali but Ali saw and fought a lot of
the classic
253F7D3F52AA659B2202E8
I hope you're aware that your so called Classic was an exhibition fight where they were both clowning around:hmm:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iM6UpbLgLJI

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Cats forget that Lennox and Evander wouldn't fight Tyson till he went to jail. They all turned down fights.

This is a LIE. Years ago, I posted all the info on bgol where it was clear that Tyson's team was keeping him away from Evander. Both Bowe and Tyson avoided Lennox Lewis too. Tall boxers who could jab were always problems for Tyson

Tyson backed out of the first fight with Holyfield because of a "rib injury". It was Tyson and his team that delayed the fight first and then backed out.

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
:cmonson: When TYSON fought Holyfield he was Done!They SHOULD have had that fight at LEAST 7-8 years earlier. when he had the fight with LEWIS he was REALLY done..a shell of himself:( Buster got Lucky..Tyson had actually WON that fight..but Tyson was on the wrong end of a LONG count in favor of Buster PLUS Tyson had not trained..Hell even I saw his ass at the club BS'ing with Drop top Limo in Manh fulla Chics.. But for Buster it was Life or death..that and his mother on his mind etc etc that plus Tyson looked past him...under estimated him etc.

The Douglas-Tyson long count is bullshit.

Scroll to the :49 second mark. The knockdowns are on repeat for your enjoyment.

NO excuses just REASONS dude REASONS..ONE did Ali ever NOT have angelo dundee in his corner? did he ever DIE when he needed him the most..C'mon man if you are a true boxing fan the you know good and damn well tyson was NOT the same fighter after cus died now if you won't admit this then your erroneous

What are you talking about? Cus died over a year before Tyson beat Berbick for his first strap. If you get simple stuff about Tyson like that wrong, it makes it kind of difficult to take anything else you say about him serious.

Cats forget that Lennox and Evander wouldn't fight Tyson till he went to jail. They all turned down fights.

This is a straight up falsehood. Tyson was supposed to fight Evander after the Douglas fight. A year later, Tyson dropped out of his fight with Evander claiming he had a bruised rib. The fight was rescheduled six months later, but Indianapolis happened (Desiree Washington).

Lennox didn't turn pro until mid-1989 fresh off his gold medal win in Seoul. He didn't become champ until '92. Lennox was Tyson's mandatory before the Bruce Seldon match. Tyson and Don King paid Lennox 4 million dollars in step aside money, so Tyson could fight Bruce "Fucking" Seldon (a man who lost to a guy with titties).

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
I think a lot of people just don't want to admit that a prime Mike Tyson on his best day could beat a prime Muhamed Ali. Not just Tyson's power but his accuracy and speed. Ernie Shavers only had the punching power Tyson had not the speed and accuracy. Tyson would overwhelm Ali.

Tyson lost to every man that actually HIT him...Ali would be no exception.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
honestly, I am not sure a focused in his prime Tyson gets beats. The Tyson we saw getting Tyson who didn't want to train or fight. Even before the Buster fight, you could tell this guy didn't want to fight anymore. His style changed. There was a time when he used to throw combinations, had strategy and great defense.

So, it is is easy to look at the other part of his career. It was bad, but it wasn't the same guy who had that meteoric rise.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
People asking for the all-time greats Tyson beat but 1988 who was trying to fight Tyson after he beat Spinks. Why didn't evander Holyfield or Lennox Lewis step up in 1988 after he beat Michael Spinks? Do you think Tyson was scared of Holyfield or Louis then when he had three unified titles? Who was ducking who? Was Left for tyson to beat he beat everybody. Why wasn't Holyfield or Lewis or bowe or Forman trying to fuck with tyson right after he Spinks. All you Ali nut riders answer this? Who was scared of who?

ron_mexico

Rising Star
Registered
Holyfield was scheduled to fight Tyson in 1990..that's why Holyfield was sick when he lost to Douglas cuz that loss cost him money too. Then Holyfield beat Douglas and wanted to fight Mike immediately...but then Mike got locked up. How the hell was Holyfield ducking mike?

But like I said earlier. Mike wanted no parts of Big George Foreman. Big George would flat out say he came back to be champ and he would beat Tyson. Tyson didn't want it.

Must be a bunch of young bols in here. Google this ish. .no oone is making this up. But fools in here talking out they ass like Holyfield waited til Tyson came out of prison. He tried to fight him twice before he ever went in.. :smh:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Why don't we just narrow it down to a special night for Tyson to fight against Ali any night of his whole career lmao.

Tyson fans be like

"Boy if you face Tyson on July 5th, 1990, THAT TYSON?!!! ALI WOULD BET KTFO!!! TYSON WAS FOCUSED THAT DAY!! JULY 5th? Not so much"

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Why is it that Evander and Lennox's names never come up in these comparisons. Why because they were not as good as Mike point blank. They fought an unfocused Mike. They were around pre jail and those fights would have made them tons of money why not fight. I guess Tyson was scared to fight them...gtfoh. Man those dudes clearly ducked him.

But to the OP the fact that both of them say the other would win gives you some insight as to what they felt of the others skills. But in heavyweight boxing one punch can be lights out.

The two guys who beat him soundly don't get listed... thats your problem to figure out

The Douglas-Tyson long count is bullshit.

Scroll to the :49 second mark. The knockdowns are on repeat for your enjoyment.

What are you talking about? Cus died over a year before Tyson beat Berbick for his first strap. If you get simple stuff about Tyson like that wrong, it makes it kind of difficult to take anything else you say about him serious.

This is a straight up falsehood. Tyson was supposed to fight Evander after the Douglas fight. A year later, Tyson dropped out of his fight with Evander claiming he had a bruised rib. The fight was rescheduled six months later, but Indianapolis happened (Desiree Washington).

Lennox didn't turn pro until mid-1989 fresh off his gold medal win in Seoul. He didn't become champ until '92. Lennox was Tyson's mandatory before the Bruce Seldon match. Tyson and Don King paid Lennox 4 million dollars in step aside money, so Tyson could fight Bruce "Fucking" Seldon (a man who lost to a guy with titties).

I love it when facts come into the equation. I'd love to see a response to this.

People asking for the all-time greats Tyson beat but 1988 who was trying to fight Tyson after he beat Spinks. Why didn't evander Holyfield or Lennox Lewis step up in 1988 after he beat Michael Spinks? Do you think Tyson was scared of Holyfield or Louis then when he had three unified titles? Who was ducking who? Was Left for tyson to beat he beat everybody. Why wasn't Holyfield or Lewis or bowe or Forman trying to fuck with tyson right after he Spinks. All you Ali nut riders answer this? Who was scared of who?

Holyfield was scheduled to fight Tyson in 1990..that's why Holyfield was sick when he lost to Douglas cuz that loss cost him money too. Then Holyfield beat Douglas and wanted to fight Mike immediately...but then Mike got locked up. How the hell was Holyfield ducking mike?

But like I said earlier. Mike wanted no parts of Big George Foreman. Big George would flat out say he came back to be champ and he would beat Tyson. Tyson didn't want it.

Must be a bunch of young bols in here. Google this ish. .no oone is making this up. But fools in here talking out they ass like Holyfield waited til Tyson came out of prison. He tried to fight him twice before he ever went in.. :smh:

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/foreman_tyson_fl.html

While we were eating, Benton said, "Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, "Georgie, You'll never believe this but, Fuckin' Tyson is scared shit less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fight in' that Fuckin' animal, if you love the motherfucker so much, you fight him!'"

Goodman stated that Tyson said Foreman was much better than people thought, and was a dangerous fight for any of the top heavyweights. Goodman proceeded to explain how Tyson was calling Foreman a big con man, and explained that the grandpop act was just a front. He said Tyson saw Foreman as trying to set up the boxing world into thinking he was a pushover, knowing that he really wasn't. Tyson said Foreman was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Goodman continued to say that after seeing Tyson's response to King trying to push him into a fight with Foreman, he had no doubt that Tyson had fear of Foreman. He also said that from that point on, he felt that if Foreman and Tyson ever fought, Foreman would knock Tyson out!

Throughout the lunch Goodman, Duva, Benton, and myself shared stories and thoughts on the fight game. Out of the blue Goodman said, "Oh I remember why else Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman. He said that King had found out from Steve Lott that Tyson and Cus D'Amato used to watch the Frazier-Foreman fight over and over." He continued saying that Tyson loved that fight because he was awed by Foreman's power and Frazier's toughness and how he kept getting up after every knockdown. He also said that Lott told King that Cus sat alongside Tyson saying, "It's suicide against Foreman if you're short and fight a swarming attacking style like Marciano or Frazier," never figuring that Foreman could be a possible Tyson opponent down the road. He said that Cus said the only fighters who had a chance against Foreman were, tall rangy fighters who could fight him from a distance while moving away from him, and no way any swarmer could beat Foreman by going to him.

so what have we learned here?

1. Cus was dead BEFORE Tyson won the title, yet he was supposedly still in his prime then

2. Lennox wasn't even in the convo before Tyson went to jail so stop with the ducking bullshit.

3. Tyson was scheduled to fight Holyfield as well, but HE dropped out. AGAIN, stop with the ducking bullchit.

4. RUMOR has it, that Tyson DUCKED FOREMAN, on the advice of Cus before he died. Sounds plausible to me, but you decide for yourself.

5.Tyson won the heavyweight championship on November 22, 1986 over Trevor Berbick and lost the title on February 11, 1990 to James 'Buster' Douglas.

6. Tyson's PRIME was from the age of 20 to 24. We're to believe he was done after that, and no fight counts.

ron_mexico

Rising Star
Registered
Tyson would DESTROY Joe F..yet he beat Ali..TYSON would KO Norton yet He ALSO beat Ali..TYSON was a Quicker..Faster Fighter and with MORE power than Joe and in BOTH hands not just his left hook. IMO Mike would have beat ALI at the time Joe did.then Ali wins the rematch AND rubber match but NOBODY beats Ali pre Three year layoff..NO One!

I can't assume Tyson beats Frazier. ..let alone destroy him. But even if he could, that doesn't mean anything when it comes to Ali..because Frazier had heart...Tyson has too much quit in him. Joe literally almost killed himself in the third fight trying to beat Ali. Tyson ain't built like that. It would take that type of mentality for Tyson to beat Ali, because if you think Tyson would get him out early you're crazy. Ali never been knocked out and fought Norton with a broken jaw. That man had no quit in him. He would have Tyson under all types of pressure. .Tyson would fold like a lawn chair.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
It would be interesting.

Tyson hasn't been right since Don King got his hands on him. Tyson lost his prime on that bean pie shit King put in his head.

Had Tyson avoided the bean pie, fake black militant shit of Don King, there is no telling what would have happened. He could have beat Douglas, not caught that rape case and finished Holyfield in 92, and then beat Bowe and Lewis.

But we will never know, and Tyson will always be remember by the poisoned version given to us by Don King. :smh: :smh:

A lot of people love Pac. They argue Pac got himself killed being young and stupid. That he would have been great with the right supporting cast. The right role models.

What about Tyson? Don King was Suge Knight times 100 to Tyson.

Not like the Nation was all in Ali's head. :rolleyes:

Ali worked with King too. Rumble in the Jungle. Beat the hardest hitting cat in boxing (Maybe #2)

Then an old, fat washed up Foreman went 12 rounds with the same cat that beat the shit out of Tyson TWICE!!

No Excuses, he's a good fighter in a weak time that got exposed by a Buster.

I used to drink the cool aid too. Not anymore. :smh:

Big Philly

Rising Star
Registered
I can't assume Tyson beats Frazier. ..let alone destroy him. But even if he could, that doesn't mean anything when it comes to Ali..because Frazier had heart...Tyson has too much quit in him. Joe literally almost killed himself in the third fight trying to beat Ali. Tyson ain't built like that. It would take that type of mentality for Tyson to beat Ali, because if you think Tyson would get him out early you're crazy. Ali never been knocked out and fought Norton with a broken jaw. That man had no quit in him. He would have Tyson under all types of pressure. .Tyson would fold like a lawn chair.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This :itsawrap:

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/27621045" width="500" height="331" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/27621045">'Iron' Mike Tyson</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3986390">Fight Music</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cats forget because it's not true. Holyfield and Tyson were set to fight in Nov. of 91. the fight was postponed and then cancelled after Tyson's arrest and conviction. As for Lewis when Tyson went to jail Lewis was just becoming a serious contender no one was thinking about a Tyson, Lewis fight.