Mike Tyson talks him VS Ali

brando154110

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MF17mkqyf44?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Around the 4:10 mark...

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
I think a lot of people just don't want to admit that a prime Mike Tyson on his best day could beat a prime Muhamed Ali. Not just Tyson's power but his accuracy and speed. Ernie Shavers only had the punching power Tyson had not the speed and accuracy. Tyson would overwhelm Ali.

3rd__Optic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@ the 55 second mark. That MoFo don't give a damn what comes out of his mouth. No interviewer in the history of Mike Tyson's career has ever come at him like that!! LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
name the fighters that a "prime" tyson beat that were all-time greats...

not a one. Thats what confuses me about Tyson fans.

And his "prime" was all of a year or 2. He was only 23 years old when Buster Douglass, a NOBODY KO'd him.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Just answer the question that was asked of you. Please name the all-time great fighters that a "prime" Tyson beat. That's your starting point. Before we get to Tyson beating arguably the greatest heavyweight of all-time during his PRIME), I would like the reference points. What all-time greats did a prime Tyson beat? You should be able to name them easily.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How can the youngest heavyweight champion of all time be overrated. LOL 19 5'10" (he really probably 5'8") knocking out everybody they put in front of him is underrated. He knocked out 12 of his first 19 opps in the FIRST ROUND. Mike is 50 and 6 with 44 KO's. At least 4 of those 6 Mike shouldn't have been fighting.

When it comes to power ferocity and ko ability Mike is unmatched. I can never say Mike Tyson is overrated that man brought a level of controlled intensity to the boxing ring that no one can match. That alone makes him one of the greatest.

gamersfuel

Rising Star
Registered
How can the youngest heavyweight champion of all time be overrated. LOL 19 5'10" (he really probably 5'8") knocking out everybody they put in front of him is underrated. He knocked out 12 of his first 19 opps in the FIRST ROUND. Mike is 50 and 6 with 44 KO's. At least 4 of those 6 Mike shouldn't have been fighting.

When it comes to power ferocity and ko ability Mike is unmatched. I can never say Mike Tyson is overrated that man brought a level of controlled intensity to the boxing ring that no one can match. That alone makes him one of the greatest.

go look at the level of competition in those fights..

ron_mexico

Rising Star
Registered
As far as we know..Holyfield is the best of Tysons era. Like others have said. What great fighter did Tyson beat?

Does Tysons hit harder than big George, Earnie Shavers or Sonny Liston? None of these men could Ko Ali..Ali had a granite chin.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Just answer the question that was asked of you. Please name the all-time great fighters that a "prime" Tyson beat. That's your starting point. Before we get to Tyson beating arguably the greatest heavyweight of all-time during his PRIME), I would like the reference points. What all-time greats did a prime Tyson beat? You should be able to name them easily.

Bonecrusher Smith, Larry Holmes, Michael Spinks, Marvis Frazier, trevor Berbick, Frank Bruno, razor ruddock, James quick tillis, and Mitch Green.

Tyson was at his best between 1985 to 1988. When he left Kevin Rooney got mixed up with the bad crowd that's when he began to fade.

Fuzzy_McNut

Banned

KO of larry holmes.

You can't fight people if they all duck you

jimmiewine

"Are you gonna bring Halle? That's a fine bitch!"
BGOL Patreon Investor
I think Ali over Tyson easily. You have to understand that Ali fought wars in the ring! I love Tyson... Lord knows I do... but he didn't have the equal of a George Foreman or Joe Frazier to challenge him. Ali would've gotten in the ring and danced and Rope-a-Dope'd his way around Tyson and then it would be lights out. Ali was a thinking man's boxer and Tyson was a street fighter. Two different types of fighters we're talking here. I always said if you came into the ring to fight Tyson, you would lose. He would kill you dead. However, if you were like Holyfield and Douglas who actually stood toe-to-toe and boxed Tyson, you'd kick his ass!

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Bonecrusher Smith, Larry Holmes, Michael Spinks, Marvis Frazier, trevor Berbick, Frank Bruno, razor ruddock, James quick tillis, and Mitch Green. .

Now which of these were in their "prime" and were also "all-time greats"? Let's get the real list because CERTAINLY you don't consider Mitch Green an all-time great????

I didn't ask you for a list of fighters that he beat. I asked you for a list of all-time greats that he beat during their prime.

If you are resting his greatness on wins against the likes of Mitch Green, you're making my point for me.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ali was a boxer. Mike was just a fighter. Ali had some all-time great battles(when boxing was 15 rounds). Mike was famous for early knockouts. If he dind't knock somebody out by the 3rd round he was in trouble. Ali was too fast for Mike to get a punch in. Once Mike was gassed, Ali would have knocked him out. That's assuming Mike didn't get frustrated and bite Ali's ear.

Fuzzy_McNut

Banned
James quick tillis was a poor man's Ali.

Tyson couldn't even KO his ass or knock him down.

Now if a poor man's ali can go the distance with ali....well aye.....

15 rounds is heavly in ali favor.

gamersfuel

Rising Star
Registered
and as far as Spinks goes, he was like 180 lb's it seemed on fight night. he didnt stand a chance. that fight was over before it started

Fuzzy_McNut

Banned
Yea I think Larry Holmes was De La by the time he fought Tyson

foreman was older then larry was. No excuse. Give Tyson that credit.

Plus foreman ducked Tyson, tommy Morrison ducked Tyson, moorer ducked Tyson, bowe ducked Tyson, butter bean ducked Tyson, Dwight qawi, ray mercer, oliver mcall, larry holmes ducked him all the way until 92

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
and as far as Spinks goes, he was like 180 lb's it seemed on fight night. he didnt stand a chance. that fight was over before it started

Spinks had that "who talked me into this shit" look before the fight. :lol:

Yeah. That was the heaviest he had ever been in a fight. He was really a blown up cruiserweight for that fight.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Now which of these were in their "prime" and were also "all-time greats"? Let's get the real list because CERTAINLY you don't consider Mitch Green an all-time great????

I didn't ask you for a list of fighters that he beat. I asked you for a list of all-time greats that he beat during their prime.

If you are resting his greatness on wins against the likes of Mitch Green, you're making my point for me.

Except for Larry Holmes they were all in their prime. They were all under 35. As for Mitch Green I used him because of his lightening fast punches. Those fighters I mentioned were all very good fighters. How does joe Frazier, foreman, sunny Liston, etc, outshine Tyson's opponents or where do they? Shit, Ali was knocked down by white dude chuck wepner

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
foreman was older then larry was. No excuse. Give Tyson that credit.

Plus foreman ducked Tyson, tommy Morrison ducked Tyson, moorer ducked Tyson, bowe ducked Tyson, butter bean ducked Tyson, Dwight qawi, ray mercer, oliver mcall, larry holmes ducked him all the way until 92

Don't forget lennox lewis ducked him as well

Fuzzy_McNut

Banned
Except for Larry Holmes they were all in their prime. They were all under 35. As for Mitch Green I used him because of his lightening fast punches. Those fighters I mentioned were all very good fighters. How does joe Frazier, foreman, sunny Liston, etc, outshine Tyson's opponents or where do they? Shit, Ali was knocked down by white dude chuck wepner

Not to mention rocky Marciano knocked his ass down. Tyson never got knocked down by no CAC.

Ali made a living off of getting knocked down by cacs :lol:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Except for Larry Holmes they were all in their prime.

In their primes AND all-time greats. Mitch Green only won 19 fights man. 19 fights. Are you from NY? That's the only reason I can imagine anyone trying to use Mitch Green for someone's resume. Beating Mitch Green means NOTHING for someone's resume.

Marvis Frazier won 19 fights. Name one meaningful boxer he beat.

These guys are cans.

And I'm not comparing Ali's resume to Tyson's. That would be stupid as Ali's resume shits all over Tyson's.

What I'm try to do is get you to name all-time greats that Tyson beat in their primes that would make one believe he could beat a guy like Ali in his prime. Because we know Ali could beat guys like Tyson because he did.

And that's not even taking into consideration that Tyson (through his entire career) struggled with tall fighters that could jab.

The reality of the matter is that Tyson's doesn't have many great wins on his resume because he beat a bunch of cans and a couple of respectable boxers leading up to his title.

Fuzzy_McNut

Banned
In their primes AND all-time greats. Mitch Green only won 19 fights man. 19 fights. Are you NY? That's the only reason I can imagine anyone trying to use Mitch Green for someone's resume. Beating Mitch Green means NOTHING for someone's resume.

Marvis Frazier won 19 fights. Name one meaning boxer he beat.

These guys are cans.

Didn't Ali fight cans as well?

Yet Tyson destroyed his cans and was never knocked down by a can.

Chuck wepner, henry cooper, old ass rocky marciano cans.......he got knocked down by cans Tyson didn't.

he got dropped by 3 cacs? :lol:
3 strikes you out :lol:

Fuzzy_McNut

Banned
In their primes AND all-time greats. Mitch Green only won 19 fights man. 19 fights. Are you from NY? That's the only reason I can imagine anyone trying to use Mitch Green for someone's resume. Beating Mitch Green means NOTHING for someone's resume.

Marvis Frazier won 19 fights. Name one meaningful boxer he beat.

These guys are cans.

And I'm not comparing Ali's resume to Tyson's. That would be stupid as Ali's resume shits all over Tyson's.

What I'm try to do is get you to name all-time greats that Tyson beat in their primes that would make one believe he could beat a guy like Ali in his prime. Because we know Ali could beat guys like Tyson because he did.

And that's not even taking into consideration that Tyson (through his entire career) struggled with tall fighters that could jab.

The reality of the matter is that Tyson's doesn't have many great wins on his resume because he beat a bunch of cans and a couple of respectable boxers leading up to his title.

nobody ducked ali so case and point.

People ducked Tyson.

So how can you build a better resume than ali if people scared to fight you?