Massive Explosion in Beirut

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Imagine being smacked with a brick wall. Or jumping into a pool of water the wrong way.
Your body is being smacked with force and the wave will push you back and smash your body up.
Depending on how close and how strong. You can be "vaporized", broken into smithereens or bruised and broken.

Or if you are really far way it can feel like a breeze.

The power that Cyclops from the X-Men has it similar to the shockwave. He doesn't shoot laser beams from his eyes. He shoots force beams.
The red color was just used by artists to show what the power looks like.

:oops: what is the impact on the human body being hit with that shockwave only from 600m away

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
All of your outbursts (emotions) are in red.

Quote me saying that you can feel a sonic boom...even though you can, I didn't say that at all. Do you think that anyone in a room who is subjected to a percussion grenade doesn't FEEL it as well as hear it? It's designed to blind you, deafen you, and to disorient you all at once.

I've been caught 2 to 3 feet behind the muzzle of a 9inch Howitzer as it fired a High Explosive (HE) round down range and that shit threw me 8ft and put me on my ass. I could barely hear for hours...sounded muffled like when you're underwater in the pool, you know? Then the tinnitus kicks in until THAT subsides.

I've been in all-out skirmishes from sundown to sunrise in Kamdesh, Afghanistan. I've used blocks of C4 to blast boulders to clear an area large enough for a Chinook helicopter to have a landing zone. I've felt the explosion of a JDAM dropped 'Danger Close' to our position, which was damn near directly on top of us, for us to survive the fucking night. I've been in the middle of incoming mortar attacks where the ground around you feels like a small quake.

I've felt the percussion of a car bomb explode 100s of meters from where I was standing on FOB Salerno. I've been on aircraft that falsely detected a SAM and fired off Chaff to draw the missile and felt the searing heat from that shit from INSIDE the aircraft. :eek2:

The movies that depict war scenes can get a good visual of what it LOOKS like, but it doesn't convey the feeling of your organs vibrating from the impact of RPGs exploding in the vicinity and knocking you off balance. You don't get the smell of explosives in the air.

I've been walking along Lake Michigan during a Blue Angels air show as a jet sped by above the surface of the water, low enough to leave a wake of water, then accelerate to supersonic speed and have that sonic boom spray the crowd with a mist of wind and water.

These are first-hand experiences that I'm able to convey to you, not just shit that I've read in a book or online. If you can't relate, I get it bruh.
Just take what I'm telling you and add it to what it is that you feel like you already know and what some ninja on BGOL could dare tell YOU about.

Tell me about YOUR first-hand experiences.
I hate these niggas who always wanna question us like we don’t fuckin know

ok funny shit was we got locked in the damn bld at annual gas qual. Fuckin gunny tossed cs canister( smoke kind not that slow burn shit) then after we’re gaspin for air nigga chunked flashbangs in with us.

I don’t know why but that day I put on ear plugs lol I’m still some what deaf tho

I’ve felt that howitz tho

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Imagine being smacked with a brick wall. Or jumping into a pool of water the wrong way.
Your body is being smacked with force and the wave will push you back and smash your body up.
Depending on how close and how strong. You can be "vaporized", broken into smithereens or bruised and broken.

Or if you are really far way it can feel like a breeze.

The power that Cyclops from the X-Men has it similar to the shockwave. He doesn't shoot laser beams from his eyes. He shoots force beams.
The red color was just used by artists to show what the power looks like.
Plus all of the debris that was picked up and transferred with the blast...stone, glass, gravel, and what have you just shreds you to pieces like shrapnel.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All of your outbursts (emotions) are in red.

Quote me saying that you can feel a sonic boom...even though you can, I didn't say that at all. Do you think that anyone in a room who is subjected to a percussion grenade doesn't FEEL it as well as hear it? It's designed to blind you, deafen you, and to disorient you all at once.

I've been caught 2 to 3 feet behind the muzzle of a 9inch Howitzer as it fired a High Explosive (HE) round down range and that shit threw me 8ft and put me on my ass. I could barely hear for hours...sounded muffled like when you're underwater in the pool, you know? Then the tinnitus kicks in until THAT subsides.

I've been in all-out skirmishes from sundown to sunrise in Kamdesh, Afghanistan. I've used blocks of C4 to blast boulders to clear an area large enough for a Chinook helicopter to have a landing zone. I've felt the explosion of a JDAM dropped 'Danger Close' to our position, which was damn near directly on top of us, for us to survive the fucking night. I've been in the middle of incoming mortar attacks where the ground around you feels like a small quake.

I've felt the percussion of a car bomb explode 100s of meters from where I was standing on FOB Salerno. I've been on aircraft that falsely detected a SAM and fired off Chaff to draw the missile and felt the searing heat from that shit from INSIDE the aircraft. :eek2:

The movies that depict war scenes can get a good visual of what it LOOKS like, but it doesn't convey the feeling of your organs vibrating from the impact of RPGs exploding in the vicinity and knocking you off balance. You don't get the smell of explosives in the air.

I've been walking along Lake Michigan during a Blue Angels air show as a jet sped by above the surface of the water, low enough to leave a wake of water, then accelerate to supersonic speed and have that sonic boom spray the crowd with a mist of wind and water.

These are first-hand experiences that I'm able to convey to you, not just shit that I've read in a book or online. If you can't relate, I get it bruh.
Just take what I'm telling you and add it to what it is that you feel like you already know and what some ninja on BGOL could dare tell YOU about.

Tell me about YOUR first-hand experiences.

Right on, write on. Bruh.. I remember the first time I felt a blast of a grenade and c4, tnt and other demos!! It shocked the hell outta me!! I'll never forget that felling!! Anyway, interesting stories you shared with the board!!

Last edited:

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Did any film of the actual explosion get out? Fireworks my ass...I know that fireworks warehouse explosions can be epic, but that shit looks like a fucking MOAB hit that area :smh:

I said that too! Mf MOAB or something! Imagine the shockwave tearing through you and throwing all that debris. Eardrums bursting and the concussive power. Wtf?

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

ok funny shit was we got locked in the damn bld at annual gas qual. Fuckin gunny tossed cs canister( smoke kind not that slow burn shit) then after we’re gaspin for air nigga chunked flashbangs in with us.

I don’t know why but that day I put on ear plugs lol I’m still some what deaf tho

Gunny was durty than a muhfucka for that one. He wanted y'all to have ALL the smoke.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Our Gas Chamber was built in front of the biggest Oak tree imaginable, and they'd watch muhfuckas bailing out of the Chamber at full speed into that tree and sometimes try not to laugh. :lol:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Bruh, everytime we went to the range nobody had to tell me twice about wearing earplugs.. Before I buckled up my steelpot, those earplugs were in and didn't come out til the end!! To be honest, everyone had those bad boys in!!

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gunny was durty than a muhfucka for that one. He wanted y'all to have ALL the smoke.

Our Gas Chamber was built in front of the biggest Oak tree imaginable, and they'd watch muhfuckas bailing out of the Chamber at full speed into that tree and sometimes try not to laugh. :lol:

Damn, your bringing up sum old memories!! When I first went into the gas chamber, I tried everything to hold my breathe!! The guy at the front of the squad froze up! I took in so much CS that I'm still spitting that stuff out!! That was the worst feeling I had in the Army!! We all looked like zombies from the walkin dead, walking outside the gas chamber!!

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
What is ammonium nitrate and why is it dangerous?
A massive warehouse explosion in Beirut killed at least 100 people and injured nearly 4,000. Lebanese President Michel Aoun said 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate had been stored for six years at the port.

Ammonium nitrate is an industrial chemical commonly used in fertilizers and as an explosive for quarrying and mining. It is an oxidizer considered relatively safe if uncontaminated. But it is extremely dangerous if contaminated, mixed with fuel or stored unsafely.

A large quantity of ammonium nitrate exposed to intense heat can trigger an explosion. Storing the chemical near large fuel tanks in large quantities and in a poorly-ventilated facility can cause a massive blast

'This is probably up there among the biggest non-nuclear explosions of all time,' says Roland Alford, managing director of a company that specializes in the disposal of explosive ordnance
Read more: https://reut.rs/3gvGUxH

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor

Gunny use to do us dirty af but that shit was funny

he’d pt us to death then come thru with drank

coolest marine I ever met

our security co, black, gunny black

Man I miss those days

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Damn, your bringing up sum old memories!! When I first went into the gas chamber, I tried everything to hold my breathe!! The guy at the front of the squad froze up! I took in so much CS that I'm still spitting that stuff out!! That was the worst feeling I had in the Army!! We all looked like zombies from the walkin dead, walking outside the gas chamber!!
Me and about two others had a great tolerance for CS. What was always worse for me was days later, you'd break a sweat during PT or a road march and the CS would come out of the chain of my dog tags and web gear and my neck would be on fire like I had an open cut. :pain:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FUCKING WELDERS.... working near highly explosive ammonium nitrate... that was aging like fine explosives and degrading, becoming more unstable in that fucking heat for six years started this shit.... I could only have expected worse from the Trump administration....

Now ask yourself why the US president was so early and aggressive with calling this an attack? :smh: Him, Pompeo and Netanyahu would have loved for Hezbollah to feel pressured into responding to the "provocation" and giving Israel a green light to defend itself. :smh: Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Israel are all going to be on bullshit the next few months since Trump et al. won't be around too much longer to provide them with cover.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man Id be investigating the fuck out of isreal..

and their goddam air strikes....

even though I feel some kind of way, them lebonese..

have been known to treat africans and south asians

worse than shit...

what do they call it..kafala..

yea well the rest of the world calls it slavery......

Im just sayin....

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

Gas chamber was one of the worst experience of my military career, 2nd was getting sprayed military grade Mace:eek2:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Missile strike video. If true, this wasn’t happenstance or a coincidence.

This was an orchestrated attack.

bajanbadman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah all the videos at first didn't catch the "missile" then suddenly vids with missiles in them appear..... righhhhhhttttt
also, other than a nuke, what missile carries that much explosive? or if it was a normal missile used to set off the explosives on sire, why do that when a fire was already going? a fire that was drawing attention to the area?
everything is not a conspiracy people, and remember there are forces out there that sow chaos by releasing fake shit

tanks1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So basically the ship had was a old piece of shit used for transport. The crew had to port in beriut for repairs. The ship's owner failed to pay the port fees, the Lebanese authorities impounded it. The ship was sitting there for 6 years. 6 years with this stuff sitting inside.