BGOL Investor
Before
bc1450ea-464a-4c3e-b456-0997bb380456.png

After
24a06797-2147-4380-8316-2ee1b693caac.png

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are absolutely different things. Why would you say that?
Did you even bother to look it up? Omg dude.
They are only interchangeable if you dont know what you are talking about.
Interchange them with educated people around and you will look like an idiot.

Those are interchangeable terms. It's the same thing.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
They are absolutely different things. Why would you say that?
Did you even bother to look it up? Omg dude.
They are only interchangeable if you dont know what you are talking about.
Interchange them with educated people around and you will look like an idiot.
You don't have one without the other now do you? A sonic boom is a byproduct of a shock wave of an explosive detonation which displaces the immediate atmosphere. It's only a matter of distance from the epicenter of the boom (source) as far as I'm concerned.

A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created whenever an object travels through the air faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate enormous amounts of sound energy, sounding similar to an explosion or a thunderclap to the human ear.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are 2 different things. I already stated the difference.They are not interchangeable.
The information in bold that YOU posted, proves my original point.
You can't admit you are wrong. That is just weakness.

Have a good day man.

You don't have one without the other now do you? A sonic boom is a byproduct of a shock wave of an explosive detonation which displaces the immediate atmosphere. It's only a matter of distance from the epicenter of the boom (source) as far as I'm concerned.

A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created whenever an object travels through the air faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate enormous amounts of sound energy, sounding similar to an explosion or a thunderclap to the human ear.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
They are 2 different things. I already stated the difference.They are not interchangeable.
The information in bold that YOU posted, proves my original point.
You can't admit you are wrong. That is just weakness.

Have a good day man.
They go hand in hand. No Boom, no shock wave...it's a matter of cause and effect. You seem to want to disassociate one from the other.

Given that an aircraft exceeding the speed of sound also creates a sonic boom, I can see how you want to make the distinction.

The event of an aircraft reaching that speed results in the initial Boom and creates the shock wave AT THAT POINT or location and extends out into a resulting sonic boom as the energy or sound is dispersed.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I do not seem to want to disassociate one from the other.

My first post clearly stated what I meant. There was nothing between the lines. This isn't poetry. You are just being emotional.

You said you can feel a sonic boom. You cannot. You hear a sonic boom.

You feel the shockwave.

All this other bullshit you are writing is just you being a fool. You are trying to save face and tell me I was implying something.

There is a distinction. I dont need to make it. It already exists.

I am letting you know.

They go hand in hand. No Boom, no shock wave...it's a matter of cause and effect. You seem to want to disassociate one from the other.

Given that an aircraft exceeding the speed of sound also creates a sonic boom, I can see how you want to make the distinction.

The event of an aircraft reaching that speed results in the initial Boom and creates the shock wave AT THAT POINT or location and extends out into a resulting sonic boom as the energy or sound is dispersed.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I do not seem to want to disassociate one from the other.

My first post clearly stated what I meant. There was nothing between the lines. This isn't poetry. I'm You are just being emotional.

You said you can feel a sonic boom. You cannot. You hear a sonic boom.

You feel the shockwave.

All this other bullshit you are writing is just you being a fool. You are trying to save face and tell me I was implying something.

There is a distinction. I dont need to make it. It already exists.

I am letting you know.
All of your outbursts (emotions) are in red.

Quote me saying that you can feel a sonic boom...even though you can, I didn't say that at all. Do you think that anyone in a room who is subjected to a percussion grenade doesn't FEEL it as well as hear it? It's designed to blind you, deafen you, and to disorient you all at once.

I've been caught 2 to 3 feet behind the muzzle of a 9inch Howitzer as it fired a High Explosive (HE) round down range and that shit threw me 8ft and put me on my ass. I could barely hear for hours...sounded muffled like when you're underwater in the pool, you know? Then the tinnitus kicks in until THAT subsides.

I've been in all-out skirmishes from sundown to sunrise in Kamdesh, Afghanistan. I've used blocks of C4 to blast boulders to clear an area large enough for a Chinook helicopter to have a landing zone. I've felt the explosion of a JDAM dropped 'Danger Close' to our position, which was damn near directly on top of us, for us to survive the fucking night. I've been in the middle of incoming mortar attacks where the ground around you feels like a small quake.

I've felt the percussion of a car bomb explode 100s of meters from where I was standing on FOB Salerno. I've been on aircraft that falsely detected a SAM and fired off Chaff to draw the missile and felt the searing heat from that shit from INSIDE the aircraft. :eek2:

The movies that depict war scenes can get a good visual of what it LOOKS like, but it doesn't convey the feeling of your organs vibrating from the impact of RPGs exploding in the vicinity and knocking you off balance. You don't get the smell of explosives in the air.

I've been walking along Lake Michigan during a Blue Angels air show as a jet sped by above the surface of the water, low enough to leave a wake of water, then accelerate to supersonic speed and have that sonic boom spray the crowd with a mist of wind and water.

These are first-hand experiences that I'm able to convey to you, not just shit that I've read in a book or online. If you can't relate, I get it bruh.
Just take what I'm telling you and add it to what it is that you feel like you already know and what some ninja on BGOL could dare tell YOU about.

Tell me about YOUR first-hand experiences.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Bruh, you were in the engr classification in the army,, right??

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You hear a sonic boom. You feel the shockwave.

There is nothing emotional about anything in red.

You are really typing a lot of bullshit. I don't what to tell you.

All of your outbursts (emotions) are in red.

Quote me saying that you can feel a sonic boom...even though you can, I didn't say that at all. Do you think that anyone in a room who is subjected to a percussion grenade doesn't FEEL it as well as hear it? It's designed to blind you, deafen you, and to disorient you all at once.

I've been caught 2 to 3 feet behind the muzzle of a 9inch Howitzer as it fired a High Explosive (HE) round down range and that shit threw me 8ft and put me on my ass. I could barely hear for hours...sounded muffled like when you're underwater in the pool, you know? Then the tinnitus kicks in until THAT subsides.

I've been in all-out skirmishes from sundown to sunrise in Kamdesh, Afghanistan. I've used blocks of C4 to blast boulders to clear an area large enough for a Chinook helicopter to have a landing zone. I've felt the explosion of a JDAM dropped 'Danger Close' to our position, which was damn near directly on top of us, for us to survive the fucking night. I've been in the middle of incoming mortar attacks where the ground around you feels like a small quake.

I've felt the percussion of a car bomb explode 100s of meters from where I was standing on FOB Salerno. I've been on aircraft that falsely detected a SAM and fired off Chaff to draw the missile and felt the searing heat from that shit from INSIDE the aircraft. :eek2:

The movies that depict war scenes can get a good visual of what it LOOKS like, but it doesn't convey the feeling of your organs vibrating from the impact of RPGs exploding in the vicinity and knocking you off balance. You don't get the smell of explosives in the air.

I've been walking along Lake Michigan during a Blue Angels air show as a jet sped by above the surface of the water, low enough to leave a wake of water, then accelerate to supersonic speed and have that sonic boom spray the crowd with a mist of wind and water.

These are first-hand experiences that I'm able to convey to you, not just shit that I've read in a book or online. If you can't relate, I get it bruh.
Just take what I'm telling you and add it to what it is that you feel like you already know and what some ninja on BGOL could dare tell YOU about.

Tell me about YOUR first-hand experiences.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Do engr still go thru leonardwood??
Yes. When I came in, I went to Ft. Belvoir for AIT, but most of my Leadership courses were all at Leanord Wood.

In fact, the MPs and CBRN (formerly NBC) schools are there now too. They were at Ft. McClellan, AL where I went to Basic at the time that I came in. I trained with a lot of MPs back then...but it WAS Basic so...

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes. When I came in, I went to Ft. Belvoir for AIT, but most of my Leadership courses were all at Leanord Wood.

In fact, the MPs and CBRN (formerly NBC) schools are there now too. They were at Ft. McClellan, AL where I went to Basic at the time that I came in. I trained with a lot of MPs back then...but it WAS Basic so...

While at ft hood, our platoon got sent to the demo range. Bruh we go thru the course and we had a lot of demo left over.. We couldn't turn it back in, so we let off 3 huge holes with a shit load of leftovers demos.. Bruh it was unbelievable. I never knew you can do that type of stuff with demo materials.. We let those holes off one at time.. The concussion was crazy and I thought my ears were shot and what you felt, I'll never forget that feeling.. I could feel it when I watched that video yesterday and it brought back memories of the demo range we would go to!!