Marvel woke up today and said......let me remind y'all who the fuck we are!!

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
At any moment, thousands of entertainment workers could walk off the job in the largest coordinated labor action in Hollywood since World War II. Talk shows would freeze in time, picketers would encircle Burbank’s back lots, and movie sets would collect dust as the people who power the entertainment industry collectively suspend their work. I’m not sure if the American public understands the sheer pandemonium an IATSE-authorized strike could wreak, nor is it cognizant of the baffling conditions the below-the-line workers of the TV business operate under on a day-to-day basis...

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

I hope they aren't still thinking the movie theaters are going to return to the good old large domestics gross days, not happening anytime soon. Some people just don't want to go to theaters and would rather watching at home. The whole home entertainment system setups now are way more affordable then ever and 4k streaming have made people more comfortable at home.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope they aren't still thinking the movie theaters are going to return to the good old large domestics gross days, not happening anytime soon. Some people just don't want to go to theaters and would rather watching at home. The whole home entertainment system setups now are way more affordable then ever and 4k streaming have made people more comfortable at home.
I think theyre going to have to rethink and tweak the business model of theatrical release BUT I don't think the shared community experience of theaters is going away. In fact people are trying to recreate it in their homes with large screens and theater recliners and watch parties etc.

People by and large still like to congregate for/over an event and quite frankly theres nothing like being in the theater and experiencing a happening with a room full of people.

In 1980 when this scene happened....

or this one in 1999

EVERYONE in the packed theaters spontaneously broke out into applause and cheers.... young, old, black, white, rich, poor, parents, kids, friends, strangers....no matter who....WE ALL FELT THOSE SCENES AT THE SAME TIME, TOGETHER. You can't recreate that experience in your living room or mancave.

Hell there are some movies I'd RATHER see in the theater than at home.

Last edited:

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
I think theyre going to have to rethink and tweak the business model of theatrical release BUT I don't think the shared community experience of theaters is going away. In fact people are trying to recreate it in their homes with large screens and theater recliners and watch parties etc.

People by and large still like to congregate for/over an event and quite frankly theres nothing like being in the theater and experiencing a happening with a room full of people.

In 1980 when this scene happened....

or this one in 1999

EVERYONE in the packed theaters spontaneously broke out into applause and cheers.... young, old, black, white, rich, poor, parents, kids, friends, strangers....no matter who....WE ALL FELT THOSE SCENES AT THE SAME TIME, TOGETHER. You can't recreate that experience in your living room or mancave.

Hell there are some movies I'd RATHER see in the theater than at home.

This pass Spring and Summer we had neighborhood cookout/Movie night in my yard every Friday and MMA or Boxing on Saturdays. The newer generation aren't as big on the theater experience like older generations. For me before the virus if it wasn't in Imax I won't be there.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
250087049_4444239919017237_7931818724261016619_n.jpg

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I’m a being a little too dramatic when I ask, the black man now has to earn it? We hat kind of shit is that?
Disney: we gave you negroes black Panther for free.. now you greedy motherfuckers want more main heroes.. well if he wants to be a symbol of america he’s got to earn it.. either that or give it to bucky
I hear you... but yeah you being dramatic lol.

Steve Rogers did have to jump on a grenade to prove himself lmao.
I feel you. Buuuuuuuuuuut, that's kind of the over arching theme of the comic. Plus I think they are going to weave in some of this....
cov_19.jpg

robfmnola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The new Disney+ Marvel Banner
marvel-banner-1.jpg

Speculate all you want
Don't get me wrong but this pic ain't got shit on the older "Avengers" banner. I hope they do Sam (Mackie) some justice as Captain America. And they keep watering Thor's powers down. Either you are a God with God powers or you just a human with superpowers. He should be fucking up everyone he fights. Even the Hulk.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are these animated shows? Xmen and spiderman?

Marvel Zombies is animated too...

The animated series from Marvel Studios reimagines the Marvel Universe as a new generation of heroes battle against an ever-spreading zombie scourge. Directed by Executive Producer Bryan Andrews and written by Executive Producer Zeb Wells.