Marvel Animation's X-Men '97 | Official Trailer

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man the look on Captain America's face when Rouge threw his shield!!!!!!!!

:roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3:

xmen-97-rogue.gif

He was like you KNOW that aint mine? That's government property. And they gonna ASK me how got stuck in a mountain 10 miles away, right?

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My favorite YouTube reactors are loving this series, and their knowledge and experience of the original show and X-Men comics in general is limited.

About the hardest thing to navigate if you have no base knowledge is that the first episode doesn't hand hold you too hard on who and what the X-men are. But that said, they definitely do provide you with an entry point for the story, and unless you are just real slow on the uptake, it's easy enough to get caught up just from exposition.

It is definitely giving the longtime fans what they want, but a casual fan can definitely enjoy it
Man. That is fuckin GREAT news haha!

I got mad niggas that only know GHOSTFACE as Iron Man Starks! Hahaha for real tho lol

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They really threaded the balance well with this cameo. Cap and Rogue were clearly not 100 percent on the same page, but both respected each other and their abilities enough not to go into all out war over it.

Rogue held onto Cap's shield because she knew it puts him at a minor disadvantage (especially against a powered individual), and Cap made no attempt to take it from her, because he knew that would be a provocative action (also, he probably figured that he couldn't). Even in the end, Rogue just chucks the shield, which she knows won't hurt Cap but will greatly inconvenience him.

But that whole conversation was golden. I appreciate any talk where it feels like Steve is left having to reassess how he's approaching a problem. This Cap is definitely the one I could see forming an Avengers team specifically to address mutant issues.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who would win in a fight gladiator vs Superman

How powerful is gladiator ?
Probably Superman.

Historically, Gladiator's main weakness is that his power is tied to his self confidence. If he starts to believe that he can lose, he will actually weaken. Fortunately, Gladiator is pretty self confident, so it doesn't come up that often.

But that said, Superman just brings so much to the table on top of having a near indomitable will. I don't imagine they are even equal, but even if they were, Gladiator would inevitably bend to Kal's sheer determination.

All of that said, I legitimately love that they have been showing Gladiator be an absolute beast.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Probably Superman.

Historically, Gladiator's main weakness is that his power is tied to his self confidence. If he starts to believe that he can lose, he will actually weaken. Fortunately, Gladiator is pretty self confident, so it doesn't come up that often.

But that said, Superman just brings so much to the table on top of having a near indomitable will. I don't imagine they are even equal, but even if they were, Gladiator would inevitably bend to Kal's sheer determination.

All of that said, I legitimately love that they have been showing Gladiator be an absolute beast.

I wanted the Rock to play Gladiator at one time

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They really threaded the balance well with this cameo. Cap and Rogue were clearly not 100 percent on the same page, but both respected each other and their abilities enough not to go into all out war over it.

Rogue held onto Cap's shield because she knew it puts him at a minor disadvantage (especially against a powered individual), and Cap made no attempt to take it from her, because he knew that would be a provocative action (also, he probably figured that he couldn't). Even in the end, Rogue just chucks the shield, which she knows won't hurt Cap but will greatly inconvenience him.

But that whole conversation was golden. I appreciate any talk where it feels like Steve is left having to reassess how he's approaching a problem. This Cap is definitely the one I could see forming an Avengers team specifically to address mutant issues.

The man who does Cap's voice>>>>>

Whenever the character is written as the loving conscience of the American ideal it always works.

I am so curious how they are going to move forward with Sam as the new Cap...

I hope they use him as a mirror to reveal how Americans see themselves and how the rest of the world truly sees them.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The man who does Cap's voice>>>>>

Whenever the character is written as the loving conscience of the American ideal it always works.

I am so curious how they are going to move forward with Sam as the new Cap...

I hope they use him as a mirror to reveal how Americans see themselves and how the rest of the world truly sees them.
Cap's voice actor is Josh Keaton, who also voiced him/Steve Rogers in the What If? series, but is probably best known for voicing Peter Parker in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cap's voice actor is Josh Keaton, who also voiced him/Steve Rogers in the What If? series, but is probably best known for voicing Peter Parker in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

Yup that's him! I'm very bad at those names

Salute we need to celebrate these voice actors more

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
“Marvel needs to come to their senses”: X-Men ‘97 is Based on Beau DeMayo’s Unused Script for a Sequel to Hugh Jackman’s X-Men Movie That’s Blowing Everyone’s Mind

The creator's dismissal steel seems to be a mystery as no proper reason has been given yet. X-Men '97 creator and showrunner Beau DeMayo was unceremoniously fired from the show a few weeks before it was set to air. The show has since been receiving rave reviews and has been considered to be one of the best Marvel shows at the moment.

Written by: Nishanth
Reviewed by: Divyashree
APRIL 27, 2024

hugh-jackman-xmen-97-728x409.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Psst Beau?

We rooting for you as long as you didn't do any foul sh*t.

Don't let anyone in your circle tell you to diss Disney or Marvel in any way shape or form. No text no voice mail no phone calls no social media nothing

Just keep doing what you doing stay out of trouble and be patient

Might have to sit in the corner for a hot minnute but you never know...

secret war coming iron heart coming wakanda series coming x men live action coming

DC new animation coming...

No politics no religion no drugs no only fans

thank me later.

Last edited:

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
The Final Decision (Season 1, Episode 13)
Stil trying to find it.

Descent (Season 5, Episode 9) -

Sanctuary, Pt 1 and 2 ( Season 4, Episodes 3-4)

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Psst Beau?

We rooting for you as long as you didn't do any foul sh*t.

Don't let anyone in your circle tell you to diss Disney or Marvel in any way shape or form. No text no voice mail no phone calls no social media nothing

Just keep doing what you doing stay out of trouble and be patient

Might have to sit in the corner fir a hot minnute but you never know...

secret war coming iron heart coming wakanda series coming x men live action coming

DC new animation coming...

No politics no religion no drugs no only fans

thank me later.

Gaining and winning public trust is an excellent strategic move.
Dude is cerebral with it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Gaining and winning public trust is an excellent strategic move.
Dude is cerebral with it.

He learned from his last situation which tells you a lot. But also shows he did something BAD this time he aint even going to address or defend until he is ready or maybe never. And he is actively trying to restore and build his future image.

Good luck. That man is talented hope it works out.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Episodes 6&7 were good but, there is ALWAYS at least one thing per episode that pisses me off with this damn show.

Rogue drops ole human boy off the building and Morph, Jean, Nightcrawler, etc. all stand there looking shocked :hmm:

Any one of those assholes could have caught that human 50x's and in 100 different ways before he hit the ground.... if they wanted to.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Gambit better not be truly dead :angry: these episodes have a lot of emotions in them. Good shit!
Gambit better STAY dead so that the emotional weight of these earlier episodes is maintained.

They've already reneged on most of the 'deaths' and 'loses of powers' and we ain't even reach episode 10 yet.

Somebody gotta stay dead. Like Black Widow in Endgame dead. Yes everyone else can come back, but she's all the way dead.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
He learned from his last situation which tells you a lot. But also shows he did something BAD this time he aint even going to address or defend until he is ready or maybe never. And he is actively trying to restore and build his future image.

Good luck. That man is talented hope it works out.
Wow. I wish yall.showed as much support for Jonathan majors.