Lovecraft Country - HBO series Official Thread - Premieres August

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honestly...
I'm glad this show is over.
The finale was overly silly and convoluted.
As was the series in general.
With a few exceptions.

Misha Green should have just create a show of her own if she wasn't going to respect its source.

I think I would have liked it better if they stuck closer to the book, at least what was presented in the video.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
watching the finale last it dawned on me that the show is really about black women and their responsibility/burden
during the ritual early in the show it was all women except for Tic, outside of Tic every plotline focused on women from Letti's empowerment, Letti & Ruby's relationship, Dee's misadventures, Hipploatiya's space odessy etc

i aint mad but sorry to see Tic go cause i thought was the protaganst (but with HBO we know they aint scared to kill off their leads)
also happy to see Jamie's character had a part to play bonding everyone during the spell (hopefully she has more to do next season)
speaking next season, curious where the show goes if white ppl no longer have magic and they were the primary antagonists of the series.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
its fucked up when you realize that it was Leti that got Ruby killed :(. Ruby died for family

Mr. Lengthy

Leti aint get her killed

just showed her sister the truth

That devil never loved Ruby

She was always a pawn

they all were

She pretended to care about Tic, Ruby, Dee, Leti, the unborn baby when it suited her manipulations

She used bloodline with Tic, Ruby's need to loved and seen, even Dee childhood innocence in the end.

All you had to see was how she sang in that car...

That was a gawd damn perfect representation of white folk and how they see us.

They hate us, want to be us and steal our magic.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
its fucked up when you realize that it was Leti that got Ruby killed :(. Ruby died for family

Mr. Lengthy

their relationship was all over of the place
Letti would always do Ruby wrong, Ruby would say fuck you and at the end the day Ruby would forgive her/help her. The problem was they never showed Ruby's POV and why she would decide to help Letti. The samething happened last night. Why did Ruby tell Letti but changed her mind again.

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
Leti aint get her killed

just showed her sister the truth

That devil never loved Ruby

She was always a pawn

they all were

She pretended to care about Tic, Ruby, Dee, Leti, the unborn baby when it suited her manipulations

She used bloodline with Tic, Ruby's need to loved and seen, even Dee childhood innocence in the end.

All you had to see was how she sang in that car...

That was a gawd damn perfect representation of white folk and how they see us.

They hate us, want to be us and steal our magic.

Yeah thats all true... We all knew not to trust Christina from the get go. Hell, when she caught ruby she coulda imprisoned her or some other type of magic instead of killing her.

But still, Ruby aint no secret agent to be pulling off any kinda mission. I cant even imagine her making the attempt. She aint build for that life

Mr. Lengthy

Bedroom Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This question was probably already answered. Why did Montrose kill the Indian hermaphrodite in the earlier episode? I never got the connection to the story.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Usually I dont like shows that leave a major cliff hanger but actually this show needed one.

Seems like this episode was rushed or they needed more time to tie everything together.

To me, it would of been better if they left some type of clue or whatever that would lead to the next possible villain or just something to look forward to or analyze (come to our own conclusion over).

Maybe this is a 1 season type of show but PLEASE for the love of God dont take the True Detective angle.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Leti left white girl laying under the rocks, I'm wondering why she didn't finish her off. I know Dee got to do it in the end and show her Steve Austin arm, and that was great, but I can't imagine why Leti and crew would have taken the chance.

Sorry to see Tic go, but damn, the actor can't go more than 20 seconds without making some weird facial expression :lol:.

By the way, I have the perfect idea to start next season. Months after the events of the finale, Leti and Ji Ah still distraught over Tic's demise....fall into each other's arms for comfort, and intimacy. The fox curse has no effect on Leti due to her magic. :yes:

Last edited:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Why did Montrose want Tic to not follow his mission?
He thought that he was protecting tic and the family. Montrose wasn't the smartest katt. Looking back he fucked up constantly he is the reason the entire shit hit the fan to begin with getting caught and writing tic the letter.. shit he held Dee's arms while she was being attacked. He burned the pages that they found. He burned the book that uncle George found and told him to give to tic. And he was a fag.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah thats all true... We all knew not to trust Christina from the get go. Hell, when she caught ruby she coulda imprisoned her or some other type of magic instead of killing her.

But still, Ruby aint no secret agent to be pulling off any kinda mission. I cant even imagine her making the attempt. She aint build for that life

Mr. Lengthy

don't you DARE disparage that wonderfully thick woman.

That is a DARK SKIN LARGE BLACK WOMAN surviving 1950's segregated South...

who was able to SUCCESSFULLY pretend to be a WHITE WOMAN and navigate a lesbian blood thirsty white witch lesbian

f*cking James Bond wouldn't last 48 hours

Last edited:

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
When Leti left white girl laying under the rocks, I'm wondering why she didn't finish her off. I know Dee got to do it in the end and show her Steve Austin arm, and that was great, but I can't imagine why Leti and crew would have taken the chance.

Sorry to see Tic go, but damn, the actor can't go more than 20 seconds without making some weird facial expression :lol:.

By the way, I have the perfect idea to start next season. Months after the events of the finale, Leti and Ji Ah still distraught over Tic's demise....fall into each other's arms for comfort, and intimacy. The fox curse has no effect on Leti due to her magic. :yes:

Evil Angel is on it

Mr. Lengthy

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
He thought that he was protecting tic and the family. Montrose wasn't the smartest katt. Looking back he fucked up constantly he is the reason the entire shit hit the fan to begin with getting caught and writing tic the letter.. shit he held Dee's arms while she was being attacked. He burned the pages that they found. He burned the book that uncle George found and told him to give to tic. And he was a fag.

Sadly, every word is true. Goddamn Omar is Littlefinger

Mr. Lengthy

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
don;t you DARE disparage that wonderfully thick woman.

That is a DARK SKIN LARGE BLACK WOMAN surviving 1950's segregated South...

who was able to SUCCESSFULLY pretend to be a WHITE WOMAN and navigate a lesbian blood thirsty white witch lesbian

f*cking James Bond wouldn't last 48 hours

:giggle:

Bond woulda gone topless at least once tho :curse:.

Damn if we aint see them lovely gazongas on HBO then its over for us...

giphy.gif

Mr. Lengthy