Lovecraft Country - HBO series Official Thread - Premieres August

rrebelrrabbi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, except for...

1005957994.jpg
Nowhere close to patterson. I love her, but she doesn’t resemble JB as much as this other woman, not even close

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
show is good. was expecting more action tho. but still love it.
tic is becoming a star so its going to come down to scheduling.
and with covid going around it will be harder to do these projects
but for people saying he is dead this is a show about magic leti died and got resurrected.
no one will stay dead on this show unless their asses turned to dust or something

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
He thought that he was protecting tic and the family. Montrose wasn't the smartest katt. Looking back he fucked up constantly he is the reason the entire shit hit the fan to begin with getting caught and writing tic the letter.. shit he held Dee's arms while she was being attacked. He burned the pages that they found. He burned the book that uncle George found and told him to give to tic. And he was a fag.
This. I was like nigga stop!

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This question was probably already answered. Why did Montrose kill the Indian hermaphrodite in the earlier episode? I never got the connection to the story.

Montrose, already devastated by all he's been through being a closeted gay man in those times, also felt responsible for this entire TV show happening.

Remember, he got kidnapped looking & forced to write the letter that started this whole saga.

So his only purpose during this entire show was to discourage Tic from even dealing with this.

Apparently, he felt unheard, so he did what he had to do to (what he thought at the time) end it by killing the two-spirit that could translate the language of Adam written on those pages.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
do NOT sleep on that scene in the Drake hotel...

when she told that white man that...

it was also a deep shot at white men fetish for Asian women.

and later with Tic the common bond of immigrants and people of color.

Also it was a shot at crackers and there lack of differentiating different cultures/ethnicities. Like all asian people are Chinese or Japanese or all Spanish folks are Mexican/whatever is dominant Latino group in their area

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I get that....but with all the shit they saw leading up to that, I would not trust that white girl wouldn't escape and do more bad shit. ...even after Leti's spell stripping magic from white people. Got people changing bodies, traveling into different centuries and dimensions, little voodoo doll lookin chicks staggering around and fuckin people up, Asian chick with fox tails shooting out her orifices...

Dee let her off easy, Leti was gonna let her suffer for what she did to her sister.

Last edited:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Dear Pop,

I hope you will forgive me for this one last secret. I know you wouldn’t accept it, but it had to be done to protect our family. To protect us all. There is neither happiness nor misery in the world. There is only the comparison of one state with another… nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. Recognize that? Dumas’s wise words are my wish for you. Supreme happiness. Teach my son new ways of living instead of repeating what we’ve been through. As little George’s grandfather, you have a second chance to be the father you always wanted. Don’t waste it.

Love,

Tic

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
Now that the dust has kinda settled there are two things that I still cant figure out

1. why did the kumiho trick work?
2. how did leti come back to life? was she even dead?

These 2 events turned the tide on Christina but how the hell did they work?

Mr. Lengthy

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
This question was probably already answered. Why did Montrose kill the Indian hermaphrodite in the earlier episode? I never got the connection to the story.

To stop pursuing magic. Remember he later burned the book that would help them navigate the maze under the house.

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now that the dust has kinda settled there are two things that I still cant figure out

1. why did the kumiho trick work?
2. how did leti come back to life? was she even dead?

These 2 events turned the tide on Christina but how the hell did they work?

Mr. Lengthy

2) After learning how to read the book of names in the dragon ball z hyperbolic time chamber, they learn how to put the protect mark back on Leti.

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
she became one with the darkness. the old Asian lady mentioned it.

I'll have to go back and look. Still makes no sense.

she became one with the darkness. the old Asian lady mentioned it.

did they protect the baby too? cuz that was one helluva fall

Tough to see Tic go man but on the real.... he had one fucked up life :smh: RIP homie, you can sit on the bench now

Mr. Lengthy

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Christiana put the spell back on her as she was falling, keeping her promise to Ruby.

beat me to it
she died again but Christina in Ruby's body gave her the spell

we saw it in the flashback as Jamie character held her down and connected her to Tic for the final spell

she did it for to 2 reasons (one good and one bad)
1 - to keep her promise to Ruby
2 - she was a typical white person underestimating the ppl of color. She never saw any of em as threats and didnt think Leti & company could do anything to stop her. Even in her dying breath she thought Dee would save her. Why? Cause she did them a couple of solids? Everything with Christina was quid quo pro. She helped them cause it helped her. When it was all said and done even though she was treated like shit by her dad she still felt the other ppl treated like shit were beneath. This thought process is used to this to get poor white ppl to hate minorities and immigrants instead of the real enemy rich white ppl.