Kobe named NBA 'Player of the Decade'

Duffle_Bag

Star
Registered
Wade and Bron dont have the body of work. All-Decade emcompasses the entire decade. They only have numbers to justify half the decade. Guys on this list should have numbers spanning the entire time frame. They simply dont man.

And Chauncey doesnt really have a case. He was a journeymen who got his legs late and became a force in the mid 00's. He doesnt have the resume (for the entire decade) to go against any of the guys on those lists.

Wade and Bron only have 4 years each at an elite level. How can you be on an all-decade team if you were great for less than half a decade? Doesn't make sense.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Tony Parker has been better this decade then Ray. 3 rings, 1 finals MVP, #1 guy on 1 championship, #2 guy on the other two.

Allen was the 3rd best player on 1 championship team. Good player but has never been the leader on a championship contending team.
You have officially lost your mind. Parker's team titles were on Duncans back. He was not the #1 on any of those title teams. He only significantly contributed in one series and luckily won the MVP due to playing an embarrassingly overmatched Cav's team which was poorly coached. TParker was allowed to run rampant over Boobie Gibson for 4straight games. Dont confuse that with him being the best player on that team throughout the year or even the playoffs.

Parkers resume for the entire decade cant standup to Ray Allens. Ray has not benefited from playing with the best PF of all time.

Parker didnt start to dominate until 3years ago. Allen has been a all-star staple for nearly the entire decade. His being the 3rd best player on his title team means nothing in a discussion involving the best players of an entire decade.

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
Wade and Bron only have 4 years each at an elite level. How can you be on an all-decade team if you were great for less than half a decade? Doesn't make sense.

Because they're THAT good (and dominant). They've obviously put their stamps on the decade, regardless of time served. Especially LeBron.

BTW, they've both played 6 seasons, which is more than enough to qualify.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The real team of the decade should be

C: Shaq *POD
F: Duncan
F: Bryant
G: Allen
G: Iverson

C: Yao
F: Garnett
F: McGrady
G: Nash
G: Kidd

The younger cats haven't played enough years to qualify in my book. What ya'll think?

Ray Allen shouldn't be on the 1st or 2nd team.

Kobe at Allen's 1st team guard spot.

Garnett to replace Kobe at the 1st team foward spot.

Switch Iverson to 2nd team and Kidd to 1st team.

Take McGrady off, he's never been out the first round of the playoffs.

Put Dirk on the 2nd team.

Take Nash off, put Tony Parker to 2nd team guard.

Add Lebron to 2nd team forward. Wouldn't disagree with Pierce either.

G: Bryant

F: Nowitzki
F: Lebron
G: Parker

Duffle_Bag

Star
Registered
Because they're THAT good (and dominant). They've obviously put their stamps on the decade, regardless of time served. Especially LeBron.

BTW, they've both played 6 seasons, which is more than enough to qualify.

But how many of those seasons were "All-Decade" caliber. KG should get Lebron's spot.

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered
The funny thing about this whole thread is if KG was healthy during the playoffs this thread wouldn't exist. There's no way people would put Kobe over Duncan or Shaq if they didn't win last year.

The same can be said then If the Lakers had Bynum that year, Lakers would of won that year too. So GTFOH with the IF bullshit

Chi Shot Caller

Star
Registered
Ray Allen shouldn't be on the 1st or 2nd team.

Kobe at Allen's 1st team guard spot.

Garnett to replace Kobe at the 1st team foward spot.

Switch Iverson to 2nd team and Kidd to 1st team.

Take McGrady off, he's never been out the first round of the playoffs.

Put Dirk on the 2nd team.

Take Nash off, put Tony Parker to 2nd team guard.

Add Lebron to 2nd team forward. Wouldn't disagree with Pierce either.

G: Bryant

F: Nowitzki
F: Lebron
G: Parker

yeah, after typing that i had to rethink it and I would put it somewhat like urs overall except I would have Nash over Parker and probably Allen or Pierce over Lebron simply off the strength of not playing enough seasons. I really don't like Dirk too much there but This decade had a weak class of bigger forwards.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And Shaq didnt turn Miami around? Bullshit. You cant look at what a MVP brings to one team without looking at what he takes from another. Lets not cherrypick. When Nash left Dallas, they didnt miss a beat, in fact they actually improved and won more games. Conversely, win Shaq left LA they went from 56 wins and a finals appearance to 36wins and missing the playoffs (with the so-called Player of the decade still leading the team mind you. lol!). Theres two sides to that coin my man. Shaq should have won the MVP that year. That was utter bullshit. Not to mention Nash only plays one side of the court. Man Nash being MVP was and always will be a joke.

The first year after Shaq left LA it was Kobe and a bunch of bums. Caron Butler was on the team but he was then nowhere near the player he is now. Caron was the only decent other player on that team, everybody else trash.

Rudy knew the team sucked that's why he quit during the season. No player has ever won anything by themselves.

Dallas did win more games than the previous year but who did they lose to in the playoffs that year. The Suns.

Both years Nash won the MVP no other player really had a good enough year to justify winning over him. Do I think Nash should have ever won an MVP in the league, no way but somebody has to win it.

If Shaq would have won that year I wouldn't have had a problem with it but he didn't get robbed. It was one of the closest votes in NBA history that year.

Duffle_Bag

Star
Registered
WTF??? He was Rookie of the Year and then averaged 27-7-7 his second year and hasn't looked back from that level (or higher) yet.

Rookie of the Year is irrelevant. Emeka Okafor won, and where is he right now.

Lebron didn't make the playoffs until 2005-2006. Stats without wins are meaningless. If this was the case, MacGrady would be on the 2nd team.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The first year after Shaq left LA it was Kobe and a bunch of bums. Caron Butler was on the team but he was then nowhere near the player he is now. Caron was the only decent other player on that team, everybody else trash.

Rudy knew the team sucked that's why he quit during the season. No player has ever won anything by themselves.

Dallas did win more games than the previous year but who did they lose to in the playoffs that year. The Suns.

Both years Nash won the MVP no other player really had a good enough year to justify winning over him. Do I think Nash should have ever won an MVP in the league, no way but somebody has to win it.

If Shaq would have won that year I wouldn't have had a problem with it but he didn't get robbed. It was one of the closest votes in NBA history that year.
But the fact remains that the team Nash left did better without him. Shaqs team did far worse. Say what you will about Kobe being surrounded by bums but basketball is the only sport in which one player can lead a team of "bums" to the playoffs. Kobe missing the playoffs that year is unacceptable. Furthermore, i question your "bums" theory. He had Caron Butler and Odom. Two very talented players. Thats three guys, more than enough to make a playoff slot in the NBA, a a league where more teams make the postseason than dont. Im not saying Kobe should have win a title but making the playoffs isnt too much to ask. The team flat out tanked when Shaq left. Period. You cant simply make excuses for these facts. They are facts. Both players added a great deal to their new teams but only one players worth was felt by the team he left.

You cant be an MVP if the tea myou leave actually improves we you go. :lol:

And again, Nash only plays one side of the court while Shaq was a force on both ends that season. This alone makes Nash win a joke.

Lastly, the voting was historically close but that means nothing. The voters were biased (i can specuate why but thats another story). O'neal should have won that award.

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
Rookie of the Year is irrelevant. Emeka Okafor won, and where is he right now.

WTF did Okafor do AFTER his rookie year?? The point is that James has been a dominant player from the start. Since his ROY win he's placed on the 1st or 2nd Team All-NBA every year.

Lebron didn't make the playoffs until 2005-2006. Stats without wins are meaningless. If this was the case, MacGrady would be on the 2nd team.

This isn't about the playoffs. It's about an individual player's status and performance in the league over the last decade.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

ah, so lamar odom is/was officially "trash".

:rolleyes:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shits crazy the length people will go to to make excuses man.

No, it's just that the stans have to downplay the accomplishments or talents of other players in hopes that it makes their favorite player look better than he really is. Typical stan jedi mind tricks that only work amongst themselves.:smh:

Their MO never changes...

Duffle_Bag

Star
Registered
WTF did Okafor do AFTER his rookie year?? The point is that James has been a dominant player from the start. Since his ROY win he's placed on the 1st or 2nd Team All-NBA every year.

The Okafor example proves that Rookie of the Year is not a barometer of future success or dominance, and is an irrelevant award. As for the All-NBA selections, T-Mac and Jason Kidd were perennial selections during their prime and didn't make the list.

This isn't about the playoffs. It's about an individual player's status and performance in the league over the last decade.

Status and Performance is related to playoff production.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
truthfully, i couldn't put an ALL DECADE staring 5.

aside from shaquille o'neal and tim duncan, there aren't enough players who have put in a SOLID body of work for the entire decade.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

J Kidd?

KG?

AI?

Kobe?

Damn rab, I know you hate bean but to hate on KG too? :smh:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
nigguz still ain't answer my question.

would u take Ray Allen over Wade or Lebron.
You talkin to me lil nigga?

For purposes of all decade yea. If you asking me to pick one for a team this season, no. Rays body or work over the entire decade trumps theirs.

Its the all-decade team. Not the all-half-decade team.

shaddy46

Potential Star
Registered
You talkin to me lil nigga?

For purposes of all decade yea. If you asking me to pick one for a team this season, no. Rays body or work over the entire decade trumps theirs.

Its the all-decade team. Not the all-half-decade team.

you would take Ray Allen overall...over a NBA finals WADE and a MVP Lebron?

the bucks and seatlle ray allen over Dwyane Wade and Lebron James.

now i know i've seen it all.

and wtf is up with this Yao shit? :confused:

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ah, so lamar odom is/was officially "trash".

:rolleyes:

I didn't say he was trash, he just can't be counted on.

Lamar Odom has never been a consistent player for the Lakers. He had his chance to be the second best player on the team but he has shown time and time again that the more responsibility he is given the less produtive he is.

Anybody watching the Lakers since he's been there can see that.

He's great at what he does now. Coming off the bench and the team not needing his consistent production in order to win.

Great role player.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
you would take Ray Allen overall...over a NBA finals WADE and a MVP Lebron?

the bucks and seatlle ray allen over Dwyane Wade and Lebron James.

now i know i've seen it all.

and wtf is up with this Yao shit? :confused:
Its all-decade shaddy. What part of that are you having trouble with? For the decade starting 2000 ending 2009, Ray Allen has a body, more extensive and more consistent body of work. The award is to recognize and highlight players who put together a long track record of success. Ray Allen does that over the decade better than the other guys. Again, if we talking the last half decade then thats different.

As for Yao. He wins by default (hes a good player regardless though). Centers are a dying breed and he was the 2nd best of the last decade.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2005.html

34-48 in '04-05 good for LAST place in the Pacific.

:lol: I almost forgot that the stans were also revisionist historians.
:smh:

:lol:
I didn't say he was trash, he just can't be counted on.

Lamar Odom has never been a consistent player for the Lakers. He had his chance to be the second best player on the team but he has shown time and time again that the more responsibility he is given the less produtive he is.

Anybody watching the Lakers since he's been there can see that.

He's great at what he does now. Coming off the bench and the team not needing his consistent production in order to win.

Great role player.
You didnt answer his question.

footluva

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
switch allen and nash then switch lebron and KG and the list is complete.

i mean how do u put lebron over d.wade and d.wade was the batman on his ream when they won a ring?