Killer Inside: The Mind Of Aaron Hernandez

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Him and Tebow was tight. I’m starting to wonder if Tebow is gay too. Would make alot of sense

Last edited:

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Watching this other special on Reelz about Hernandez. This paints a slightly diff picture about him. It's more like what I heard about his upbringing of hood life and how once he got into the pros, he never left that behind.

Dude killed more people than the Netflix showed. He had like at least 3 more bodies.

Still watching...

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
By part 2-3 it really seemed that way.
I thought I was tripping, but it was like they were trying to convey the message that him being in the closet somehow tied into his shit.

That's a dangerous and contradictory message for the alphabets to send out to society.
His girl is a piece of shit too. His mom is a hoe. Anyways this was an interesting documentary, but I definitely did not expect the whole being gay subject. I thought they were going to explore, His supposed gang ties.

Theyve been advertising the hell out of this on the ID Channel for almost 2 months and the first time I saw the commercial I said I bet it’s gonna be all about him being gay. When I saw this thread about the movie had gone 3 pages I said i guess I was right and I bet they’re in there arguing about the gay shit in the movie

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Watching this other special on Reelz about Hernandez. This paints a slightly diff picture about him. It's more like what I heard about his upbringing of hood life and how once he got into the pros, he never left that behind.

Dude killed more people than the Netflix showed. He had like at least 3 more bodies.

Still watching...
Sounds right. Wtf is reelz. What’s the name of it

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
is this deja vu? im pretty sure I watched this same docu on this weirdo a couple years back, after bgol posted about it.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
This Netflix joint seems to be sympathetic to him.

His dad being hard on him and dying...his mom...him being gay...poor him

This dude killed two dudes over a drink

Dude had some riders though in his chick and his cousin

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Watched the first 2 parts back to back....had to take a break....will watch the last part tomorrow

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Him and Tebow was tight. I’m starting to wonder if Tebow is gay too. Would make alot of sense

23523448-7899277-The_pair_hasn_t_disclosed_where_they_are_going_on_their_honeymoo-a-3_1579292927873.jpg

Last edited:

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
is this deja vu? im pretty sure I watched this same docu on this weirdo a couple years back, after bgol posted about it.
I knew i wasn't losing my mind, it was a different docu on him, posted by brotha slam back in 2018:

Aaron Hernandez Uncovered

and this in 2019:

A look at the lives and crimes of Aaron Hernandez, Bison Dele and Steve McNair.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watched the docuseries yesterday. Found the phone calls in prison, CCTV footage, court room scenes & more very effective. Piecing together the whole timeline ...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Aaron Hernandez's Fiancee Responds To Sexuality Claims Shown In Netflix Documentary
JAN. 29. 2020 1:32 PM

One of the NFL's biggest scandals is back in the news with Netflix's Killer Inside: Inside The Mind Of Aaron Hernandez. The documentary has reignited various discussions about Hernandez's murder charges, and the potential motives he may have had in committing crimes. One of the topics touched on addresses allegations that the now-deceased former New England Patriots tight end was bisexual, and now his fiancée Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez has responded to those claims for the first time.

In an interview with ABC News that aired on Good Morning America, Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez said Aaron Hernandez never confided in her that he was bisexual. With that said, Jenkins-Hernandez admitted that while she had a daughter with the former football star, even she didn't know everything about him.
You can’t describe someone’s sexuality without them being here. Although I have a child with Aaron, I still can’t tell you how he was feeling inside. No one can.

Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez added in her interview to Good Morning America that Aaron Hernandez was "certainly a man" to her, and that no behavior made her think otherwise. The fiancée seems to say she never witnessed any behavior or events that would give her any reason to think Hernandez was anything more than heterosexual.
Killer Inside: Inside The Mind Of Aaron Hernandez featured interviews with Dennis SanSoucie, a high school friend and teammate of Aaron Hernandez. SanSoucie claimed that he and Hernandez secretly experimented sexually throughout high school. Though not mentioned in the documentary there were also claims that Hernandez had a prison lover, so SanSoucie is not the only person to make such an allegation.

With that knowledge out there, Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez was asked how she would feel if Aaron Hernandez was gay or bisexual. Hernandez's fiancée was candid and revealed her true feelings:
I wish that I was told. And I wish that he would’ve told me because I would not have loved him any differently. I would have understood. It’s not shameful, and I don’t think anybody should be ashamed of who they are inside, regardless of who they love. I think it's a beautiful thing, I just wish I was able to tell him that.

Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez is loyal, which is something viewers of Killer Inside: Inside The Mind Of Aaron Hernandez have said since viewing. The world may never know the whole truth behind Hernandez’s sexuality or his motives for murder, but at least his fiancée has confirmed it wouldn’t impact her feelings for him.
Related11 Unbelievable True Crime Series Worth Streaming On Netflix
Killer Inside: Inside The Mind Of Aaron Hernandez is currently available to stream on Netflix. Continue to stick with CinemaBlend for more on what’s happening in the world of streaming, movies, and television. Check out our 2020 winter and spring premiere schedule for some upcoming TV options.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
this was on the TV when I walked in

dude pops passing and moms doing what she did seem like it was the turning point

that mental issue is real, I’m post a story about a lil dude I’ve known since the day he was born....

dude clicked out and shot 4 people(2 die), because the voices in his head was telling him the group would harm him and his family.

the family tried to get him help, but needed paper work which cost a shit load of money.
They asked the police, hospital, mental health folks, etc but no one wanted to help, now he’s probably gone forever at the age of 21

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Geno McDermott, director of Aaron Hernandez documentary Killer Inside, answers burning questions

Jose Baez, who represented Herandez in the 2017 double homicide trial, also tells EW why he slammed the documentary on social media.
By Rosy Cordero
January 16, 2020 at 10:32 PM EST
FBTwitterMore
JARED WICKERHAM/GETTY IMAGES
Aaron Hernandez’s fall from grace is at the center of Netflix’s newest crime drama obsession, Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez. And while the documentary answers a lot of questions about the former football star, some mysteries remain unexplained.
Hernandez, a star tight end for the New England Patriots from 2010-2012, was convicted of murdering Odin Lloyd and sentenced to life in prison in 2015. He died by suicide in his jail cell just days after being acquitted of a different charge: a 2017 double homicide in Florida.
The documentary alleges several theories in an attempt to explain what could’ve caused the young, talented father to throw it all away, including trauma and mental health issues, the neurodegenerative disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), and conflicted feelings about his sexuality.
Killer Inside‘s director Geno McDermott spoke to EW about some of the most controversial aspects of the doc, including why Hernandez’s lawyer Jose Baez (who also famously represented Casey Anthony) is now slamming the project.

NETFLIX
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why did you choose Aaron Hernandez as the subject of your documentary?
GENO MCDERMOTT:
I first met with Dan Wetzel and Kevin Armstrong in January 2017. They had been writing a book about Aaron Hernandez and they had covered his first trial.
What fascinated me about the story and the timing was that we were going into his second trial and it seemed like everyone had forgotten about Aaron. [At this point], everyone was like, “This guy is a thug. He’s a convicted murderer. He’s got a bunch of tattoos. Same old story and you know he’s got to get convicted again.”
I was like, “Man, I have to get in here and I have to start to tell the story, and I have to investigate.” So, at that time we started just gathering interviews and researching and putting together whatever we could.

There’s been a lot of social media commentary about all the new information released in the documentary. What do you hope people take away from it?
When I first set out to make the film, it was really about getting all the facts straight and putting out a cohesive, unbiased piece that explained everything that happened. Post-film, when we started making the series and things started becoming substantiated, it became more about getting things like Aaron’s phone calls from jail. Those calls [allowed us to] have Aaron as a character in the series.
We hope that folks walk away after watching having more of an openness to having important conversations about topics like the entitlement of athletes. How could Aaron have done so many things and alleged things and gotten away with it purely because he was a professional athlete?
Another conversation is about sexuality in sports, and exploring that and what it must’ve been like for Dennis SanSoucie and Aaron growing up together and having a relationship but having to keep it in the closet.
The third thing is a conversation about CTE — which, we’re not saying that it’s a football issue, it’s a sports issue and it’s an American issue. I played a ton of sports growing up. I played lacrosse, which has about as much contact as football. There was never any sort of conversation about what it meant to hit your head. As a young athlete, you want to perform and you want to like make varsity and keep moving forward, so you’ll do whatever it takes.
Speaking of Hernandez’s longtime friend Dennis SanSoucie and his father Tim, there have been a lot of questions by viewers about their authenticity. Why should people believe their story?
I sat with Dennis and his father Tim for the better part of a couple of days and I really got to know them well. There’s no reason for Dennis and his father to talk about this issue that they had growing up and Dennis’s relationship with Aaron. They’re not craving attention, they’re just good people. Dennis just wants to tell his story.
From my perspective, they’re just genuine American guys and they had a great story to tell. That’s why we included them in the series.
Did any of Hernandez’s family members participate in the making of this documentary?
Honestly, we had some trouble getting his immediate family to participate. They declined, very respectfully. And we respect that decision because they’ve been bombarded with outreach over the past years. We totally understand their position.
Hernandez’s attorney Jose Baez did participate in your documentary but he’s posted negative commentary about it via Instagram. Do you know why?
I haven’t seen it but I had heard that that was happening. I’m honestly not sure why he’s doing that. He did participate and he gave us a great interview. We do nothing but explain that he’s a great lawyer.

If I may, he wrote: “I don’t give a damn about what some lame-ass documentary has to say about Aaron. I knew him, they did not and while he was far from perfect, they are not even close to the truth. People have no idea how documentaries are made, the truth is usually found on the cutting room floor. These producers lied directly to my face, so I don’t expect their money-making scheme to be much better.”
I don’t know what he means by that and I can’t really speculate.

EW reached out to Baez after speaking to McDermott for clarification on his social post.

We spoke to Geno McDermott about his documentary on Aaron Hernandez and I asked him if he knew why you were upset about it. He said he wasn’t sure why. Can you give insight into what you disagreed with?
JOSE BAEZ:
I thought the biggest problem with it was using [Hernandez’s daughter] Avielle’s voice and photos as a very significant part of the documentary — this was done without her parent’s consent. Her mother did not give permission for this. While I recognize that [the calls] are public record, I still think that it was in poor taste. And whether they can do something legally, doesn’t necessarily mean that they should.

The second issue was that I think they made way too much of his sexuality. It’s funny how in the documentary, they mention how a reporter should never out someone based on their sexuality, yet they decided to make it a center [of] focus of the documentary.

I can understand some people’s curiosity, I just simply did not agree with it. I had voiced that to them on another occasion, and apparently, those pleas fell on deaf ears. I don’t see how any of that fits into the story, and I realize that there will be those that disagree.

The third part that I had an issue with were the allegations about what occurred at the University of Florida. That is probably one of the biggest issues that I have with a lot of the coverage. The police found that he had nothing to do with it because there were multiple eyewitnesses that describe an African American as the shooter.

But yet, it doesn’t matter because it’s all part of the storyline that he allegedly shot somebody and got away with it in Florida, so facts be damned.

Do you regret being a part of this documentary?
Absolutely.

Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez is currently available to stream via Netflix.