Justice League MOVIE Discussion (The SynderCut Drops 3/18/2021)

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
Stop with the stupid marvel vs dc beefing. None of you work in any capacity for these companiries and I doubt you also own any stocks. So none of you are really winning. Only on the internet does movie watching become a contact sport. I don't see people acting like this in real life.

Dweebs.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Stop with the stupid marvel vs dc beefing. None of you work in any capacity for these companiries and I doubt you also own any stocks. So none of you are really winning. Only on the internet does movie watching become a contact sport. I don't see people acting like this in real life.
tenor.gif

Actually I have quite a bit of AT&T and Disney shares. If you look at my stock picks, I'm heavy on Disney. AT&T dividends are great for retirement planning. So, I'm very sincere when say I like both DC and Marvel for both the entertainment aspect as well as the financial gain.

Last edited:

Loan Me 20

Rising Star
Registered
I did. You Marvel stans want to Thanos snap all Marvel movies before Kevin F, unless it serves your purpose. By your standard, all the Spiderman movies are not MCU. You guys act like Hulk, which was after the first Iron Man never existing, even though it's being referenced in Falcon and Winter Soldier.

This whole splitting hairs thing is so stupid.

I enjoy both, and acknowledge that the Infinity Stone Saga was well thought out and produced by Marvel. But I also recognize that Marvel still has a long way to go to overtake DC as the king of comic book movies in the grand scheme of things.

:roflmao3: You don't have any business calling someone else a stan if your defense of any criticism about D.C. Films is "but but but Marvel!"

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
:roflmao3: You don't have any business calling someone else a stan if your defense of any criticism about D.C. Films is "but but but Marvel!"
That's not it all. The hypocrisy is disingenuous. Nothing wrong with being critical. But, acting as though either brand is without flaws is BS. Marvel had a great run. Can not deny that.

Regarding DC:

Patty missed an easy f n layup with WW84. Josh butchered JL. Cathy Yan had no business directing Birds of Prey, David Ayers has never directed a hit (although I really did like fury) why was he chosen for Suicide Squad. BvS has too many "oops" and "WTF" moments that overshadows the good parts. However, there are still way more DC titles that are awesome movies that fr outweigh the misteps.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I purchased sony stock years ago, but I can admit the Spiderman movies after #2 were shit until Marvel stepped in. So what's your point?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I purchased sony stock years ago, but I can admit the Spiderman movies after #2 were shit until Marvel stepped in. So what's your point?
Not disagreeing at all.

My point is everything Marvel isn't gold. Even after you say "Marvel" stepped in, there were still some miscues. It happens.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Not disagreeing at all.

My point is everything Marvel isn't gold. Even after you say "Marvel" stepped in, there were still some miscues. It happens.
Bro, every single Marvel studio film under Kevin Feigie has made money. Inhumans and iron fist are the lone failures and I think they made some money.

I just want DC to make sense. As a kid who grew up reading my big sisters Lois Lane "Superman's girlfriend" and Jimmy Olson "Superman's Pal" and "Superman's Family" comics I want the movies to be related. Is that too much to ask?

Stand alone comics and movies are lazy and shity and I'm tired of them from DC.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I enjoy both, and acknowledge that the Infinity Stone Saga was well thought out and produced by Marvel. But I also recognize that Marvel still has a long way to go to overtake DC as the king of comic book movies in the grand scheme of things.

:idea:

The MCU has been passed DC as the king. They done took B and C list characters and made them beloved characters worldwide movie wise.

I would prefer for DC to get their shit together but their track record from the past 5 to 6 years is not good.

Meanwhile the MCU is killing it with the Disney + shows. Looks like their plan and world building is moving without a hiccup.

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Bro, every single Marvel studio film under Kevin Feigie has made money. Inhumans and iron fist are the lone failures and I think they made some money.
Again, this is a BS standard. Every DC movie ever has made money. That doesn't mean they were good.
I just want DC to make sense. As a kid who grew up reading my big sisters Lois Lane "Superman's girlfriend" and Jimmy Olson "Superman's Pal" and "Superman's Family" comics I want the movies to be related. Is that too much to ask?
You obviously have not really read DC comics. There are various versions of the same character. That has always been a thing. The connected universe is a new marvel thing. It's cool, but it's not the only way to do comic movies.
Some connect and some are standalone. That's how the comics are written. Just because it's a DC title, doesn't mean they all have to exist in the same movie universe. This limits the range.

I will expound in the next post.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i'm not really looking forward to batgirl or a superman reboot with tahnesi coates at the helm.
Especially if theyre going with the Black Superman thing.. then again this might be the idea that Cavill supposedly pitched to WB,maybe his Superman will meet Val-Zod

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
:idea:

The MCU has been passed DC as the king. They done took B and C list characters and made them beloved characters worldwide movie wise.

I would prefee for DC to get their shit together but their track record from the past 5 to 6 years is not good.

Meanwhile the MCU is killing it with the Disney + shows. Looks like there plan and world building is moving without a hiccup.
It's like saying that the Warriors are a better franchise than the Lakers. The Warriors had a run, but overall, the Lakers history can not be denied. Even with losses and horrible seasons, the Lakers are still a better franchise than the Warriors.

Marvel is f n killing it now. I love it!! Episode 2 of Falcon and Winter Soldier had me hyped.

But, when I look at the entire body of work, in addition to the pre MCU classic DC movies, I also look at stellar DC titles such as Red 1 and 2, History of Violence, the Watchmen, and one if my all time favorite movies Road to Perdition, these along with many other DC titles put DC in a category Marvel has yet to reach.

Kevin F is a genius and should go down as the Stan Lee of our time. But, more work needs to be done to officially become the leading comic book franchise. Marvel still hasn't caught up with the shows, animation, and games yet.

Again, I am excited for what is next for Marvel. If they can do an Isaiah Bradley spin off of some sort..........woooooo cot damn!!!

Lol!!

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Highest-grossing films[13]
RankPeakTitleWorldwide grossYearReference(s)
11Avatar
$2,841,389,103​
2009[# 1][# 2]
21Avengers: Endgame
$2,797,501,328​
2019[# 3][# 4]
31Titanic
$2,194,439,542​
1997[# 5][# 6]
43Star Wars: The Force Awakens
$2,068,223,624​
2015[# 7][# 8]
54Avengers: Infinity War
$2,048,359,754​
2018[# 9][# 10]
63Jurassic World
$1,671,713,208​
2015[# 11][# 12]
77The Lion King
$1,656,943,394​
2019[# 13][# 4]
83The Avengers
$1,518,812,988​
2012[# 14][# 15]
94Furious 7
$1,516,045,911​
2015[# 16][# 17]
1010Frozen II
$1,450,026,933​
2019[# 18][# 19]
115Avengers: Age of Ultron
$1,402,805,868​
2015[# 20][# 17]
129Black Panther
$1,347,280,838​
2018[# 21][# 22]
133Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
$1,342,025,430​
2011[# 23][# 24]
149Star Wars: The Last Jedi
$1,332,539,889​
2017[# 25][# 26]
1512Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
$1,309,484,461​
2018[# 27][# 10]
165Frozen
F$1,290,000,000​
2013[# 28][# 29]
1710Beauty and the Beast
$1,263,521,126​
2017[# 30][# 31]
1815Incredibles 2
$1,242,805,359​
2018[# 32][# 10]
1911The Fate of the Furious
F8$1,238,764,765​
2017[# 33][# 31]
205Iron Man 3
$1,214,811,252​
2013[# 34][# 35]
2110Minions
$1,159,398,397​
2015[# 36][# 12]
2212Captain America: Civil War
$1,153,329,473​
2016[# 37][# 38]
2320Aquaman
$1,148,485,886​
2018[# 39][# 10]

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Highest grossing is not a valid measure at all. If so, here is the best rapper of all time.
eminem-best-rapper-1597259188465.jpg

Marshall Bruce Mathers III, aka Eminem, is widely known as the best-selling solo rapper of all time, according to Eminem Pro, after having sold 220 million albums throughout his career.

Think about this, horrible Age of Ultron made more money than Captain America Civil War and Black Panther. Even Iron Man 3 made more money than Captain America Civil War. Captain American The First Avenger is The lowest globally grossing MCU title other than Hulk. Does that mean it's the worst movie? He'll no. It was one of the best. Even Iron Man is near the bottom and it was clearly the best Iron Man of the series.

Box office dollars do not mean much at all.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
But, when I look at the entire body of work, in addition to the pre MCU classic DC movies, I also look at stellar DC titles such as Red 1 and 2, History of Violence, the Watchmen, and one if my all time favorite movies Road to Perdition, these along with many other DC titles put DC in a category Marvel has yet to reach.
New Line and Fox are confused as to how
Road to Perdition & History of Violence are DC WB film productions?

yes they both originate as graphic novels that DC distributed but neither are DC's ip... nor had any film production finance from WB

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Highest grossing is not a valid measure at all. If so, here is the best rapper of all time.
eminem-best-rapper-1597259188465.jpg

Marshall Bruce Mathers III, aka Eminem, is widely known as the best-selling solo rapper of all time, according to Eminem Pro, after having sold 220 million albums throughout his career.

Think about this, horrible Age of Ultron made more money than Captain America Civil War and Black Panther. Even Iron Man 3 made more money than Captain America Civil War. Captain American The First Avenger is The lowest globally grossing MCU title other than Hulk. Does that mean it's the worst movie? He'll no. It was one of the best. Even Iron Man is near the bottom and it was clearly the best Iron Man of the series.

Box office dollars do not mean much at all.

you would have a point if there was only one Marvel movie

how many Marvel films can you count on that list vs DC?

fyi accurate comp would be albums not artists

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
New Line and Fox are confused as to how
Road to Perdition & History of Violence are DC WB film productions?

yes they both originate as graphic novels that DC distributed but neither are DC's ip... nor had any film production finance from WB
Both titles are under the DC umbrella, this, a DC movie. I do not judge DC by the limited WB association. Just like I do not limit my judgement of Marvel with it's association with Disney.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Both titles are under the DC umbrella, this, a DC movie. I do not judge DC by the limited WB association. Just like I do not limit my judgement of Marvel with it's association with Disney.
you are talking out of your ass
DC distributed the novels
but
DC does not own either IP

DC made no money from either of the films and had no imput on film rights nor production

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
you would have a point if there was only one Marvel movie

how many Marvel films can you count on that list vs DC?

fyi accurate comp would be albums not artists
You can't even justify why most of the best Marvel titles are at the bottom and the wack ones are up top.

Eminem is ranked number one due to album sales. As you equate Marvel box office sales.

Even using individual albums as the pure metric, your argument is still invalid. Here you go.....

10. Get Rich or Die Tryin’ – 50 Cent – 8.3 million

9. Country Grammar – Nelly – 8.5 million

8. Licensed to Ill – The Beastie Boys – 9 million

7. All Eyez on Me – Tupac Shakur – 9 million

6. Greatest Hits – Tupac Shakur – 10 million

5. Please Hammer, Don’t Hurt ‘Em – MC Hammer – 10 million

4. Life After Death – The Notorious B.I.G. – 10.3 million

3. The Eminem Show – Eminem – 10.3 million

2. The Marshall Mathers LP – Eminem – 10.5 million

1. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below – Outkast – 11.4

Jay Z isn't even on the list. Eminem has more sales than any other rapper. But, he absolutely not the greatest rapper ever. Not even close.

Album sales or whatever monetary metric you try to use, it's BS. Sales mean very little in judging the overall body of work.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It's still a DC title.

Stop it.
:lol:

I guess you believe a talking snake had a conversation with your female ancestor too...

DC NEVER owned the IP (rights to characters and story).... only distribution
thats why they used an imprint instead publishing as DC

Conan & GIJoe were more tied to Marvel than what you are talking about

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
:lol:

I guess you believe a talking snake had a conversation with your female ancestor too...

DC NEVER owned the IP (rights to characters and story).... only distribution
thats why they used an imprint instead publishing as DC

Conan & GIJoe were more tied to Marvel than what you are talking about
This is like saying Icon and Static Shock are not DC. It was distributed by DC but was created and written by Milestone Comics.

If it's under the DC umbrella, it's DC. Period.

Another example would be Kick Ass 1 - 3. It was published under the Icon imprint, but it still a Marvel movie series.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This is like saying Icon and Static Shock are not DC. It was distributed by DC but was created and written by Milestone Comics.

If it's under the DC umbrella, it's DC. Period.

Another example would be Kick Ass 1 - 3. It was published under the Icon imprint, but it still a Marvel movie series.
very different
DC licensed the Milestone characters ...

that didn't happen with History nor Road...

Marvel doesnot own nor license any Milar characters and made no money or credit from Wanted KickAss etc films

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
What's these muthafucking executives obsession with Marvel movies? Marvel movies are becoming a formula and stale. Iron Man 2 and 3 sucked, Avengers Ultron was hot garbage, Black Panther in my opinion wasn't good, Thor Darkworld wasn't good, Captain Marvel was hot garbage, Ant-Man 1 and 2 was meh, they made Spiderman into a whiny kid "Mr Stark this" "Mr. Stark that"

movies/series that came out after the movies you mentioned make them much better.

age of ultron was made much better by wandavision

end game significantly made iron man three a better watch. iron man 2 was not bad.

i kinda agree with you about black panther but it has grown on me. but i do not agree about captain marvel. the ant man movies were fun and transition movies for the MCU.

Marvel knew Thor was going down the drain and that is why Ragnarok is a much different movie than the first two Thor.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

You shouldn't count Inhumans as a Fiege failure because he didn't have control of the TV division until later. Perlmutter had control of the TV division and was beefing with Fiege,who threaten to leave Marvel.

That's when Disney rearranged their hierarchy and had Fiege directly go to them instead of having to go through Perlmutter.

Fiege didn't want an Inhumans TV show but agreed to it so Black Panther could be made.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Oh, and lets not pretend that the snydeverse wasn't ass too. Mos and B vs S was garbanzo beans. Why you gotta make a movie 3 1/2 just to make sense? DC rushed in and tried to catch up, dropped the baton and fell in a heap.

Now cats like Titto saying they weren't even racing, they just had on matching track suits.